[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

For Tybe it would be kneeling behind his arming sword, reciting a litany from memory.

Edit: I need a techmarine to check out my autocorrect...

Edit #2:

I've put something up in spoiler tags, that can be sjubect to alteration depending on CM says

Edited by Steel Company

Steel, I think your proposed post is a little too much. I think when I created the situation, part of my motivation is to put Tyber in a situation unlike anything he will have encountered as a line Astartes in a normal Chapter. Simply because there's little reason for a normal Battle-Brother to ever really interact with Astropaths, particularly not on the eve of a Tyranid invasion! 

It strikes me that Tyber has forged a career based around strength - but he is in a situation where strength has absolutely no bearing on things - he simply cannot force his way out of the situation through brute strength. I think such a moment of extreme impotence would be extremely interesting to explore within the mindset of an Astartes warrior who has been bred and conditioned to be in control at all moments. 

Being able to drop to his knees and then recite such a lengthy oath in one post perhaps disrupts the flow of the scene and any character growth / drama within Tyber - I think you'd be best giving him a post to suffer before any attempt to break free using Willpower. 

Slips, I will give you an opportunity to take Willpower tests soon - for much of the reasoning I've expressed in this post. Plus, I don't want you to euthanise the Astropath (just yet...!) 

Indefinitely wasnt thinking of reductoring her just yet; just wanted to weaken the grasp of the warp on Solastion enough for him to get a really wonky and warp distorted vox message out to Akkad that theyre currently unable to comply with his request.

I put something new up CM in place, but I kept it in the spoiler tabs for your approval this time, playing a little with the concepts of strength. I've also drawn on his purity seal that he got as part of his background event at the end, to give him a mental kick start to try and break free. See page 210/211 of RoB for the effect...

Edited by Steel Company

You are incorrectly attired and equipped for breaking free Steel.  A hoover and heels are more appropriate. :wink:

Although if you have a striking and sturdy moustache this could give +10 assist.

In sincerity, I did like your post chap.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

You are incorrectly attired and equipped for breaking free Steel.  A hoover and heels are more appropriate. :wink:

Although if you have a striking and sturdy moustache this could give +10 assist.

In sincerity, I did like your post chap.

MR.

Sorry MR, but that reference to a hoover and heals went right over my head....

But thanks for liking it, I hope CM feels that it fits better, I like the idea of the warp messing with us from time to time, especially when the veil is so thin, I'm even willing to take a couple insanity and / or corruption points for this.

Mazer's saying Tyber wants to

The second post is closer, though the two things I'd alter would be - the ice is just meant to be psychic hoarfrost rather than anything glacial, no icicles or stalactites. Tyber is frozen due to time slowing rather than a literal freezing effect. Secondly, I would tone down the voice or make it clearer that Tyber is talking to himself - I don't want any warp whispers (just yet, anyway...) 

I will be attempting an update tonight ideally, if not then tomorrow night.

Mazer's saying Tyber wants to

The second post is closer, though the two things I'd alter would be - the ice is just meant to be psychic hoarfrost rather than anything glacial, no icicles or stalactites. Tyber is frozen due to time slowing rather than a literal freezing effect. Secondly, I would tone down the voice or make it clearer that Tyber is talking to himself - I don't want any warp whispers (just yet, anyway...) 

I will be attempting an update tonight ideally, if not then tomorrow night.

Okay, I'll make those alterations...

Alterations done, and posted.

Edited by Steel Company

That's even better Steel - the doubt is coming from Tyber's depths as opposed to some extraneous source...like Tyber knows he's a massive powerhouse, but this sliver, this doubt, like a blade of ice is lodged somewhere within him, every now and again, nudging a tendon here, there.  :yes:  Then the little reminder from his own courage, proven.

Nice.

MR.

That's even better Steel - the doubt is coming from Tyber's depths as opposed to some extraneous source...like Tyber knows he's a massive powerhouse, but this sliver, this doubt, like a blade of ice is lodged somewhere within him, every now and again, nudging a tendon here, there.  :yes:  Then the little reminder from his own courage, proven.

Nice.

MR.

Thanks, and a big thanks to CM for forcing me to craft it, rather than just accepting anything else I thought would be good... this is one of my favorite posts that I've done so far, it makes him feel more like he would be an actual person of legend with flaws not some mythical perfect being.... even if crafting it only took a few moments, using what I had done before as the base.

Edited by Steel Company

So, I got called in or had to stay at the clinic every evening from Tuesday :(

But I am keeping the ball rolling and am keen to get in on this after some good night's sleep. Expect to see the Iron Creed variation if NEVER TRUST in the full posts. A lot.

Nice atmospheric and great posts there, especially in e Astropath section!

Well done MR, I rather enjoyed your post.

I'm glad, have had a few so-so moments with them recently, but glad it come out alright.

So, I got called in or had to stay at the clinic every evening from Tuesday :sad.:

But I am keeping the ball rolling and am keen to get in on this after some good night's sleep. Expect to see the Iron Creed variation if NEVER TRUST in the full posts. A lot.

Nice atmospheric and great posts there, especially in e Astropath section!

Good grief Xin, I'm going to hire minions or servitors for you at this rate!

Updooted!

I do like the way you write that, always gives me a smile :happy.:

I'm going to have to wait for a bit of detail in terms of what Sabaan is doing (especially with regard to Vortis) before I can update properly. 

Er...maybe the sergeant has an outbreak of common sense and they just, you know, head out for chips/burgers? :wink:

Great updates so far everyone.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham