[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I won't have a lot of free time for an update on Friday or Saturday (during the day) so I would like to push forward with this in the next six hours or so, so any discussion would be awesome. 

Hope you're all well!

I get that CM, I know I am going to be slammed next week as I have it off with my family, but I will do my best to keep abreast of what is going on and post when I can... they maybe some place holders going in though...

As nobody broadly complained I've put the map up in the thread and have started the first round. Feel free to declare your actions. I've put a few reminders in the first post. I will try to update it as far as I can in any way that make sense - I understand that the passengers within the Chimera may delay actions as necessary. 

I don't think Greysight will want to be carried up to the top of that building - especially as he's all brooding and introspective since his interaction with the Broodlord. I imagine he will stalk off and begin to focus on his own objectives. 

Thanks Steel. 

I have revamped the first post slightly (I have added a "story so far..." section and updated it.) 

I have also re-read the rules on cohesion and it does say I should've awarded a point of cohesion for each objective completed. So the Kill-Team actually has a cohesion of nine, rather than six. 

Prep for Squad Mode!

Since we have Xin, Slips and Reyner in the Chimera, someone can drive and the two others can shoot, negating the penalties multiple attacks?

MR.

Thankfully Vehciles are not subject to multiple attacks... we just eat a flat -10 if our character does not have the correct pilot skill, if you have that pilot skill no negatives, aside from the standard ranged combat ones.

At least that was my understanding from reading the vehicle section in RoB this past weekend.

Edited by Steel Company

Further to Steel's post, anyone operating as "crew" (manning the heavy bolter or multi-laser) will give up their turn in the initiative order and move with the driver. I would judge that standing on top of the Chimera or out of its top hatch is not the same thing. Additionally, should you man a weapon, it will take you an entire turn to disengage and get out of the chimera, whereas I would expect a normal passenger to freely disembark. 

Appreciate the clarification gents.

Seems we're just going to have to run them over and shoot them at the same time!

Tragic.

I'll be roughly the same height as the turret, taking cover behind it as and when - can I see the Medusa crew compartment in front?  Or say...the main ready magazine?

Hang on - is this actually happening now?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Appreciate the clarification gents.

Seems we're just going to have to run them over and shoot them at the same time!

Tragic.

I'll be roughly the same height as the turret, taking cover behind it as and when - can I see the Medusa crew compartment in front?  Or say...the main ready magazine?

MR.

I'd rather keep the Medusas in working order as much as possible, they'd make a killer asset for us to be able to call in later when we go hunting the brood lord or go for the space port...

So let's try and not blow the magazines on them?

I'd rather keep the Medusas in working order as much as possible, they'd make a killer asset for us to be able to call in later when we go hunting the brood lord or go for the space port...

Well, makes my job harder, but since you insist.

Hope the enemy don't steal them back...

MR.

Well, makes my job harder, but since you insist.

Hope the enemy don't steal them back...

MR.

If they do, we take the PDF to task for their incompetence, a second time....

Besides MR, nothing worth doing is easy.

But above all that I have faith that Akkad can shoot a flea off of a rampaging Gorx at 1km.

Besides MR, nothing worth doing is easy.

Very true.

I could try for the crew, but might damage the vehicle from ricochet - as in the Hunt for Red Orktober "most things in here don't react well to bullets".  Will have to thin the hordes as best we can, should with luck, erase one per turn once we're rolling, provided we make no jam and stick to marmalade.

@ Mol, can we estimate/assess the return fire from the PDF base?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Sorry all work got stupidly busy - who pushes through a significant regulatory change before Christmas when everyone is off?! 

The Adeptus Terra, that's who!  Surely you are not bemoaning your workload Scribe Secundus Reyner??!  The Overseer Maximal will be along shortly to encourage you in your efforts, in the Emperor's name... ;)

MR.

Sorry all work got stupidly busy - who pushes through a significant regulatory change before Christmas when everyone is off?!

"No. Christmas is a time of peace, of contemplation, of quiet...oh, who am I kidding? My Christmas is always like this" ;)

Anyway, so it's Nycav Sabaan, Anointed of Mars, Despiser of Meatbags,. . Designated Driver?!

Though with the current set up ... I think it would make sense to get a few bursts from the Heavy Bolter into the crowd ahead first? But do. take out the Siege Gun before it turns on the humble 2-12 !

I am peacefully contemplating not getting blown to bits by a Medusa siege gun - you know, that horde in front of us is only about 2 metres away from the gun...I could attack both...

Xin, you can't be designated driver, you're too bulky.  Reyner or Slips will have to do it, although I love the idea of you running the Horde over just to prove steel prevails over flesh! Oh the iron(hand)y! :D

Let's get the death truck rolling, am keen to bust heads!

MR.

Eh, Mazer has somewhat of a point. I know that I said that I didn't think Sabaan could enter the driver's compartment. However we did suggest that he could still engage with the Chimera's Machine Spirit to activate its motive force. It would take another Marine to use the hull-mounted heavy bolter and a third to use the turret. 

It is perhaps important to determine whether you want to try to be stealthy or aggressive. 

Reyner - at this stage, placeholder posts are fine by me! 

I will update in about 20-24 hours from this post.

If Solastion is keen to quit the Chimera asap it makes sense to have him in the turret firing the multi-laser, giving him the opportunity to exit as and when. With Vaidan on the heavy bolter. That gives me enough to update the first round tonight.