[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Yeah I know about the Bolt Pistol I was more thinking of when Swordhand are in tight confined areas would I need something else to avoid injuring the rest of the team :P I have a bit of a thing for missile launchers and shotguns... You can blame Halo!

The missile launcher is more devastating for the single shot (and can be requisitioned early).

Autofire is what sets the autocannon apart, though it's lack of full auto(unlike the Dark Heresy version) impedes its suppressive abilities. Great range though.

I am kind of tempted to take a shotgun (although it's not that much better than a Bolt Pistol :() or a Chainsword for close encounters.

But...but.... it's.. like ..... the Bolter and Chainsword ??!!

Because

... you know....

THE BOLTER AND CHAINSWORD !!!

Love it or leave it, as say they say ;)

Anyway...

Slips has some good points. I agree that our merry band should stay together...

So, do we jump the CC ahead and put the hurt on the Patriach, hoping to put it down first or at least open the rest of the filth up so that our meat grinder brigade can mop them up from behind once they get to us...

Or do we hold the line at the door until we get open up a second line...

What is our best option ruleswise? Tactically, I'd say rush ahead and take down the leader....not sure if we stand the heat long enough mathematically by the ruleset, though.

I also think we used the mines on the Voice of Thunders?m

I would like to start resolving actions in ~4 hours from now. After Atratus, most of the actions are going to be me, so I just don't want to do anything that will massively disadvantage you or work counter to your interests.

What happens to Cultists game wise if you kill the Broodlord? It's the psychic link that holds them all together isn't it?

Kind of.

Once the Patriarch/Broodlord is killed there is a finite window before the next most capable Stealer takes over and they revert to hive mentality.

We should aim to slot the Broodlord and exploit the confusion to destroy and extract.  Steel and I are en route, hopefully coming down the stairs to the top and left of the map, I'll put the heat down in a crossfire through the doors when we arrive.

MR.

I would like to start resolving actions in ~4 hours from now. After Atratus, most of the actions are going to be me, so I just don't want to do anything that will massively disadvantage you or work counter to your interests.

So, with the usual time zone and work based delays...or rather because of those...

Unless anybody on Demiclave Sewer Alligator disagrees, I think this it.

Close with the Broodlord cast as possible, hit as hard as possible, hold out until Demiclave Bull Charger arrives..

with Mol auto piloting most of the combat - feel free to include Sabaan as useful as possible.

>> 01000011 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01101111 01100011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101100 01101111 01101111 01110011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110010 <<

Nine, I think for Greysight, perhaps putting rounds on either the pure strains or the Brood Lord would be the best bet, you are likely going to miss thanks to their dodge and high AGI, worst case is you leave that same target open to eating a round or two from someone else.

For firing discipline, i'd suggest a happy split between focus and multi targets, try to put two Astartes on each target for maximum effect on each of the elites and Master level foes, the hordes can be funneled and thinned as needed.... also frag grenades work wonders on them.

If we are going in, we will have to take advantage of the surprise and get as close to the Broodlord as possible, especially those with jumppacks ... I do not think we will have time for distractions in that case. Any delay will just put a lot of bodies in between the team and the target.

IMO it's either bunkering down and thinning the herd or as, Mazer put it, go big or go home...

BTW ... the IH squad mode allows for adavancing and firing...provided it'd towards the target ;)

If I can get in there I can burn dodges for the killshots.

Squad Modes guys, grenades, concentrated fire call strongpoint and saturate the target.

You can half move and semi auto as well.

Steel, we're going to have to book it and leave whatever is stabbing the PDF, the other lads have more trouble and the PDF have a tank.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

yay! looking forward to reading it CM, I've got 3 hour or so to go at work today, and I need a good pick me up... it's been a rough day.... (in my own way, others have much tougher days than this one.)

edit:

blood has been drawn on the upper floor, looks like we are going to be delayed a bit....

Nice part about using a fate point to heal is that it heals everything, even treated damage, that isn't a critical wound.

Edited by Steel Company

Alas, Mazer, Akkad will not be able to instantly transport across the abattoir to be there for Tyber. Certainly not in the short time afforded here!

Whilst your combat has been abstracted thus far, it steals any narrative for Tyber (the swordsman and aspiring champion) to not face off blade-to-blade against some worthy (or foolish) foes.

Whilst the sudden and unexpected bond between Akkad and Tyber has been important for the two of you, it would be far more interesting for me to see Akkad rampaging through the enemy lines in an attempt to reinforce his brother - whether that results in finding him triumphant over alien corpses or finding his own broken body is an interesting prospect!

A moment of (in)decision as whether to reinforce the Kill-Team or Tyber (the one or the many) would be interesting. Equally, reflecting on the bonds of Brotherhood, his place within this band after being forced out by his gene-brethren.

(On the plus side, you can keep your fate point!)

Edited by Commissar Molotov

I find that I've got to agree with CM, MR... it adds more drama and tension to the climax of this mission...

I've still got Ryken with me, perhaps Tyber will learn of his powers... or worse.

Edit:

Silly autocorrect....

Edited by Steel Company

MR: If this had been a more laid-back RP session, you would've missed a golden opportunity to have Akkad scream "Aaaaah, they're coming out of the wall sphincters!" with that last post. ;)

Also, ouch. That Broodlord ate a savage amount of damage.

Dos, it was a sniper rifle after all, that felling ability is brutal, when coupled with the ability to get extra damage dice from DoS on your shot...

If we can keep Atratus out of CQB, he should be able to lay a Genesteeler out a turn if he hits with that thing.

Edit:

I think after this mission Atratus should  get that thing as signature wargear as soon as he can, it fits his character like a glove.

Edited by Steel Company