[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

For Mazer, Steel, Reyner, Apologist and Morovir:

Arriving at the new outpost will be much the same as before - the corpses are only fresher. You are catching up with the Lictor. Feel free to describe it as you wish - you can even start with entering the Outpost, rather than travelling there, if you wish.

GM/Reyner/Apologist/Morovir/Steel:

Maybe Akkad and Steel will be a few minutes behind as they're on foot? Might give the other lads a chance to post up some gribbly since Steel and I have been flogging the log quite a bit? What do peoples think?

MR.

Greysight returns, and is unsettled: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-blackthornswordhand-outpost-43/?p=5343746

Noctus - I hope you don't mind me making up dialogue for Montesa, very difficult to have a conversation otherwise. If there's any changes you'd like me to make just say. I've set the stage, I'm looking forward to reading what happens next!

I apologize in advance, but I do actually mind. I'd personally prefer not to have my character played for me. It doesn't honestly really read like Guillermo, but you don't have to change anything, I'll roll with it. The only thing I do need to let you know is that Guillermo has a force sword, not a staff. 

Guess I'm still dealing with this book now, then. 

Guess I'm still dealing with this book now, then.

I will freely admit and accept that Montesa hasn't had the easiest journey thus far - he was stymied aboard Desiato's ship and unable to uncover the truth regarding the strange presence aboard; he was given this strange tome and was unable to make head nor tail of it. In the story thus far, Montesa has been very introspective and has made few associations with other members of the Kill-Team. Part of the reason that I paired Montesa and Greysight together was an effort to give you someone to play off of, particularly as Nineswords is an enthusiastic and committed writer.

Unfortunately, however, your post reads to me as Noctus the player being frustrated, rather Montesa the character. If you would like to influence the plot, or for it to go in a different direction - please discuss it in here. That's partially what the thread is for. I would like all players to be happy, and if I can accommodate them I would like to do so.

Noctus,

Please accept my apologies for not messaging you before posting.due to unforeseen live events I have been unable to post for a while and was simply keen to move what I thought was an interesting turn of events over to you as you see fit. Please feel free to PM me with any amendments you may have, otherwise I can simply omit the last two parts of my entry altogether.

Thanks

Nine

Update: I have omitted the majority of my post. You are free to do as you wish and I will work around you.

Edited by Nineswords

EDIT: Nineswords has edited post #1440 and I have edited #1455 accordingly. Having removed everything after Greysight meets Montesa - hopefully that will allow you to develop Montesa's character in a way that fits with how you envisage him. Edited by Commissar Molotov

Tyber will go and check the generator room, if it is the same M.O. he's going to either want to follow it through the tunnel it is making, or find out if there is an outpost between 37 and the city to try and ambush the critter at the next place.

I apologize.. I don't mean to be difficult about any of this. It's been a rough couple days and I've just been incredibly frustrated with some life-associated things. I'm sorry if I let that spill out. I was planning to roll with what we had, but if you guys want to reel it back, I'll continue with this. Thanks. 

I'll get my post out tomorrow. 

Noctus: Thanks; I have spoken to Greysight about a few plot threads and your conversation with him need not lead the two of you to the tome, though you may wish to discuss it with him. Don't feel as though you are being railroaded.

Steel: Mazer's post added that the Lictor entered Outpost 43 through the ventilation systems, but that isn't how it enters Outpost 37. This should be enough for Tyber to realise that it isn't exclusively travelling underground.

Alright, let's do this then: one of the demi-squad can come up with the idea to try to predict the next Outpost the Lictor will reach - Outpost 15.

Reyner: Make 10 drive tests (Agility +10): I will use the number of passes and failures to try to discern how quickly you reach the Outpost. Feel free to narrate the post with the Chimera crashing through fields of wheat or whatever you prefer!