[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Done! Vorr is pissed and may have disturbed the dead.

I thoroughly enjoyed the destruction of someone's shed.  I was going to post the opening scene of Beverley Hills Cop, but it had a bad word. :biggrin.:

Cripes, sorry all – away for work, then a holiday, and rather lost track of time. Looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do!

Welcome back!  Don't worry brother - I am sure evisceration by Xeno will coming to a wall near you - soon :wink:

EDIT: Meant to clarify - it's not un-aimed bombardment - the direction was just for flavour. ;)  I'm trying to drop rounds on the screaming guardsmen - they're being cut up by the Lictor - I intended to kill them together.....but the Gatebreaker has other ideas..?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Slips, my posting time is limited; can you explain to Apologist how to do Apothecary things?

Sure!

Its quite Simple (its not), Apologist:

First Aid is applied by using the Medicae Skill + Int. Since we have a Narthecium, we get a +20 to the Roll with a further +10 if you have a diagnostor helmet.

Now, ordinarily, you'd roll the rest and, regardless of DoS, you would then heal for an amount of wounds equal to your Int. Bonus. since we have a narthecium, that amount is doubled ( an Int Bonus of 5 would heal 10 wounds, for example) with another 1d5 if you have the Enhanced Healing Apothecary Trait.

However, the main thing here is finding out if Tyber is lightly, heavily or critically wounded. Sure, he's taken critical damage but we'll get back to that.

To find out if he's lightly wounded or not, its his TBx3 (iirc). If the total amount of wounds hes taken is lower than that number, great! then you heal him like explained above.

If not, then hes heavily wounded and only heals 1 wound per first aid test. Which means he'd go from -8 to -7 and youd then only be able to heal damage he takes going from -8 to -10 due to how first aid works in the game. Basically, Tyber would need to be hospitalized to be properly healed.

He does have True Grit, however, which helps, making his -8 count as a -4 for the purposes of determining if hes Lightly Wounded or Not.

Critical Damage  however can only be healed one at a time at a medical facility if their effects are rather permanent (Broken Bones, Limb Loss, etc.) using Extended Care.

In short, Tyber, iirc, should still be lightly wounded so, should you succeed on your Medicae Roll, you'll heal for Int. Bonus x2 wounds +1d5 if you have Enhanced Healing. Anything not healed after that cannot be healed with another First Aid roll until a later date usually after the character heals back up to full through Natural Healing.

Edited by Slips

Went into work today and managed to get some time at the computer, so:

- Firstly, I will be away on honeymoon in two weeks so will be unavailable between roughly the 6th-17th of August. Due to the posting rate of a lot of us, it may not massively affect the action in the game, although I will discuss anything that needs to be handled closer to the time, and anything essential I will delegate to Mazer to organise whilst I am gone.

- Secondly, get your posts in! Let's make the most of the time available to us.

If you are sitting there unsure of how you could contribute:

Solastion / Sabaan:

- Per Post #1468, Fleet-Captain Locke has informed you that the Tyranids will make planetfall within 48 hours. What is your response to her? What are your orders to the Planetary Levy? To the civilian populace? To the Imperial Navy?

- You can assume that the Metallican Tech-Priests have been able to organise some form of Greysight's proposed thermobaric shield over Beregar itself. (If Xin is available to post, Sabaan may have had an instrumental role in organising this.) What is the plan for its use?

Atratus:

- We had you returning from a solo patrol looking for any evidence of Thorvald - I'm happy for you to return to the command centre and reunite with Solastion, filling him in on your (lack of) success.

Ghent:

- I'm aware that Ghent has been a bit of a spectre for a while; he can be planet-side, in which case feel free to incorporate any of Solastion and Sabaan's posting information. It would be possible for you to arrive within the command centre and offer your opinions on any of the issues raised above. It could be possible for you to be aboard the Xenocide, which may have been pressed into the naval war, so you can interact with Captain Rubio. Alternately, perhaps the Xenocide hasn't been involved in the naval war, much to Ghent's frustration?

- There is also still the lingering doubt as to what was aboard Captain Desiato's vessel. You've seen now that his light cruiser packs weaponry far in excess of what it should be able to do so. Clearly this is a man who keeps several aces up his sleeve. What are your thoughts, and is it feasible to act upon them at this time?

Noctus / Greysight:

Per Ninesword's post #1476, Greysight has come seeking spiritual advice from the Librarian. This is fertile ground for Montesa's character:

- It may be useful to consider the ad-hoc nature of Deathwatch deployments - you are far from the spiritual ministrations of a Chaplain, if you even knew what passed for a Chaplain among the Storm Sons. Exploring Montesa's ability to tend to the psychology of his brethren may be fruitful.

- Greysight's dreams do not have to lead you back to the tome - you could move to a Chapel aboard the Xenocide, or return to Montesa's cell.

- As Greysight's dream is regarding the loss of his brethren on the hell-world of Deluge, perhaps Montesa could relate some of the experience of fighting on the Hive ship, or some other traumatic experience?

Akkad / Vorr:

The Lictor has disappeared into the field, the flames and smoke. It is likely lurking close-by, ready to pounce once more.

Yeng / Tyber:

For Yeng, a chance to finally do apothecary things! Per Slips's post, you will need to roll a Medicae Test (for you, Intelligence 54+10, +20 for your Narthecium, for a total of 84.) If you fail, you may spend Fate Points to re-roll. Once you succeed, you will restore 10 wounds to Tyber. There may be the opportunity to have you narrate Yeng aiding this impetuous and headstrong brother who likely saved Yeng's life by striking out at the Lictor.

Steel, I will use fate points to heal you up to 0 wounds initially. The rulebook says that you can use Pain Suppressant doses to ignore critical injuries. I think there's some narrative weight to the still heavily injured Tyber fighting back against the beast.

Teralil:

At the moment, I still have you defending the Firebase with the Levy troopers. I am happy for you to run with that, or alternately for you to enter the field with the others. The firebase does have mortar teams, so you could perhaps calculate trajectories and the like for them so that you can lend support?

Sorry for the black out - work has literally been crazy for the last two weeks. During the last week, I did not seem to get anything more done than to get home, shower, grab three hours of sleep and get called to work again...

I have had Codex Chaos Knights for over a week now and barely found time to do. Ire than skim over the pictures. And it's got Mecha and Chaos going for it :(

Also had the wife over for the last weekend. Which was aactually great but did not lend itself to spend time on the Internet. But no apologies there.

If that is ok with you guys I would like to take up the idea of having Sabaan having spent most of his time preparing the shield procedures and now putting up final preparations with the Tyranid invasion imminent.

If there is anything to consider from a game mechanical POV or basic frame to consider, let me know...

I am aiming to have something up over the week end, probably in parts toavoid wall of text and getting back into writing Sabaan, so I am taking notes and submissions.

Lovely to see everyone putting their pennies in :)

Sounds good CM, once Yeng has done his thing, I'll craft a post for Tyber's next round that wakes him from the black, as narratively I like where my last post ended.

No you won't good buddy, your heath is liveable, but by my count, you sir are unconscious and will be so for five minutes of structured time, (Fatigue level 13 - TB 8 = 5) which is 10 rounds?  When you come round you'll regain a level of fatigue (and be at -10 to everything) and you'll need to rest for one hour to get you right.

Until then you're a sandbag.  Sweet dreams!  ;)

For future ref ladies/gents don't forget about Oolitic Kidney - re-roll failed Toughness tests against Toxic or weapons with Toxic Quality, always worth a try!

MR.

A.T.:

Well, as it stands the shuttle that Blackthorn crashed flew in over a large body of water, so there is no discernable impact site. However, I would be fine with Atratus bringing the helm of Thorvald's, found washed up on a beach. His helm is a Mark IV helm and likely to be rather damaged.

XIN:

Nothing from my end; feel free to take it and run! Excited to see what you come up with. Within reason, feel free to invent wholecloth details regarding the Mechanicus enclave of the Metallican District and any tech-priests Sabaan has interacted with.