[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Interesting! I must be missing stuff, where are the elite upgrades rules? And the Scout armour and Camo cloak rules too, for that matter? I can't remember seeing them and I've got core book, RoB and FF downloaded?

Ah, Tyber took it as a challenge, going to the Legion's custom of requiring an honor duel before taking over command, but he did give the firewing an out, by saying that this is not a good use of their time.

Edit:

Will do CM, I'll get that done either later today or monday morning. Usual weekend shenanigans of being a father of two. Post edited to avoid reference to an honor duel.

Edit #2:

Got something put together, Tyber provides a test for the squad:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-dw-blackthornswordhand-episode-iii-the-sundered-house/?p=5672552

Edited by Steel Company

Sorry that I've been AWOL the last few days, weekends are always harder for me but I'll try my best to get placeholders up by Fridays in case I can't post over weekend.

@Komrk, don't worry about not including Achillion - it makes the most sense.

I'll update my placeholder shortly of Achillion responding to Vorkys.

I'm targeting Thursday for the next big update moving the narrative forward. If you guys can get anything up before Thursday, that'd be ideal.

Hope you're all well!

Unless something more happens with the Swordhand exercise, I'm pretty much done. Looking forward to Thursday!

I'm targeting Thursday for the next big update moving the narrative forward. If you guys can get anything up before Thursday, that'd be ideal.

Hope you're all well!

Bar any more RL getting in the way I am hoping to be caught up by then.  Or 90% of the way there.

SO Blackthorn, where are we at for our new training mission. Whos tackling what and how do we do a mass narrative like this? quick sketch of the battle then each of take a chunk and fee off the thread??

Sounds about right. We should obviously play to our strengths, since we each only have the 1 roll. A.T has gone ahead and given a good example, and CM has followed up as well with Varvost's contribution, so I'd say we should each "claim" a roll and give a little description about what our small IC post will be about. For instance, since Incariel has very high BS it would make sense for me to grab one of the BS rolls. 

Since A.T has already succeeded a Perception check, I'll interpret that as his keen recon allowing us to slip past a forward patrol and flank a group of Eldar. If everyone else is good with it, I intend to have Incariel follow up with those scouting efforts, identify a position of strength among the jungle ruins, and lay down a base of fire to cover the advance of our Assaults + Tacticals. I will choose one of the Guardian Squads to be "neutralised" for the sake of the training exercise, is that right Steel?

My roll was rather lacklustre, for only 1 Degree of Success, but Emperor willing I'm going to use a Solo Mode ability of Incariel that grants 2 extra DoS as a Free Action so long as I hit at least once. I will likely write this as less a targeted barrage and more suppression fire. Narratively this allows the rest of Blackthorn to get into position and cut the Guardians down. Mechanically, I "spent" my success to remove that particular enemy from the list, and nobody else needs to spent their success (or failure) until they want to remove another enemy from the board. I hope I'm understanding the way you intended this to go, Steel.

For now I'll put in a placeholder, will get it typed up later tonight.

SO Blackthorn, where are we at for our new training mission. Whos tackling what and how do we do a mass narrative like this? quick sketch of the battle then each of take a chunk and fee off the thread??

As we aren't in an actual game combat it's pretty much just an excuse to flesh out your character a little and let the other players see a little of what your can do - pass or fail doesn't matter.

Hi everyone!

I must admit that I stayed away from the board to avoid spoilers and made my way through Abnett’s Penitent on nothing but coffee every and painkillers over the weekend. In a very fitting way, I can hardly see straight today and my eyes are still burning.... everything you expect from reading a  tome of  reality shaking secrets :p

Guess I’ll need to rest my eyes a bit before catching up here. 

Also there seems to be a problem when I am copying texts from my notes to the forum / other media... which is really unpleasant. I need to look into that. No need for you to ruin your eyes too trying to read my squabbles. 

Hooe you are all well!

That's absolutely fine, Sobek - so you could choose to perform a Semi-Auto Burst (SAB) with your Frag Cannon:

Pyke's Ballistic Skill (BS) of 62 (+10 for a Semi-Auto Burst)(+10 for Short Range of 10 metres or less) = BS82 (if you roll 62 or less, you hit twice)

Alternately, Pyke has Hip Shooting, allowing him to move forward aggressively before firing a single shot with his Frag Cannon.

This would be at BS62(+10 Short Range) for a total of 72.

Then you just need to write a suitably gnarly narrative about firing his frag cannon and shredding everything before him in a crimson mist!

That's absolutely fine, Sobek - so you could choose to perform a Semi-Auto Burst (SAB) with your Frag Cannon:

Pyke's Ballistic Skill (BS) of 62 (+10 for a Semi-Auto Burst)(+10 for Short Range of 10 metres or less) = BS82 (if you roll 62 or less, you hit twice)

Alternately, Pyke has Hip Shooting, allowing him to move forward aggressively before firing a single shot with his Frag Cannon.

This would be at BS62(+10 Short Range) for a total of 72.

Then you just need to write a suitably gnarly narrative about firing his frag cannon and shredding everything before him in a crimson mist!

Huh, weird. In the other FFG 40k systems, Semi- and Full-auto give penalties instead of bonuses. Guess I'll have to get used to that. I even checked the rules and found out Lightning Attack doesn't have a penalty, even though I thought it did. If I ever mention incorrect rules or modifiers in my posts, could you guys help correct me?