[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

...but he's paid his 500XP for Signature Wargear, so it should be better than basic equipment?

Check out the moxie on this guy ^ :biggrin.:

So we're talking about a 'Match Grade' Bolter over ironsights, since the Boltgun is an assault/battle rifle and the Stalker is a DMR analogue, but the Huntsman is really bending my firearm enthusiast brain.

I think we're looking at this backwards, and need to downgrade or modify a Stalker- as opposed to making a Bolter+.  In Space Marine there's an upgrade to the Stalker called burst fire, so essentially the semi-auto turns into a double-tap burst.  If you wanted both functionalities then we should look at penalties beyond the magazine size.  Being a full action to Aim will also be a penalty to the use of the weapon.

Class: Basic

Range: 150m

RoF: S/2/-

Dam: 1D10+9 X

Pen: 4

Mag (clip): 24

Reload: Full

Special: Tearing, Match Grade.

Requisition: 10

Renown Level: Respected.

Weapon Quality: Match Grade

This is a Boltgun fitted with an especially heavy barrel and bolt assembly, with reinforced internals and much faster rifling, which all assist in accuracy.  Many parts also incorporate baffling to steady the weapon when fired.  When used on single shot, with a full Aim action, the weapon gains the Accurate Weapon Quality, but may be used in burst fire for emergencies.  It cannot benefit from Accurate when used in this way.  The modifications are so complex, that Kraken Penetrator gain no benefit in range from weapons marked as 'Match Grade'.

With it being 10 Req, you can SigGear it, with a Shot Selector and a reasonable gunsight.

MR.

Eh, Tyber is grateful for the task, he's just angry that he's shouldered with two things he has a real disdain for.

A Chaplain and an Inquisitor.

I'm looking forward to disabusing Tyber of his disdain for chaplains in the future. :wink:

Well, it's to do with his chapter's view on them, they go against the imperial truth, a belief they hold as a core view. Hence why the Chaplain has never seen Tyber step foot into the chapel, always outside of it.

I will a little dirty putting in a second placeholder when I've got one there stewing already. Time is at a premium for me though so I'll keep the plates spinning for a few more days before I get to them. Needless to say, I'm excited to sit down and properly read all the new posts and get my own out there.

stuff MR said

Thats quite a big nerf, considering. The loss of Range for one, and the Full Aim thing especially would mean he'd only get a decent shot off every other turn.

Maybe I'm better off sticking with the 'standard' stuff I've worked out in Titus' Character sheet? It keeps things simple, less work for Mol, and as A.T. said, what I suggested in my last post is actually a downgrade of what he's already got.

Anyway, as I said I'm happy to leave it with Mol to decide. :)

Following trends, I also have a placeholder updated. 

And hey would you look at that, I have a second one. Buy one get one free!

I should've sent PMs to everyone that I said I would in my placeholders, so all the work is squarely in your laps now :teehee: I know play-by-post affords the luxury of doing things at a slower pace but when I saw the post count shoot up the past few days I felt a little bad that I had just thrown in placeholders and vague promises of posts. What a dork.

Edited by ashlander47

I'll be able to fill out my placeholders tomorrow. I will also prepare the posts for the Requisition phase so you'll be able to work it out as a Kill-Team.

Thank you all for your sterling efforts!

EDIT: Mojake, Noctus has replied and said that Montesa would've interred the text in the secure vaults of the Librarius. I've not detailed the place so I'm happy to work with you on detailing them. Most likely, you would collect the book on your own (and can examine it if you wish) and then you can bring it to Grist.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Great, I'll look to update that floating placeholder tomorrow and give Grist the text. Achillion won't read it, but may try and sense if it is tainted by the warp (Psyniscience? Achillion's first roll!)

"...he'd always wanted to have a go with that weapon or even an Infernus Bolter the one Akkad had modified had been very destructive.

Blimmin' Cheek! :p

Oh, alright then, seeing it's you. :whistling:

You realise it's like 40 Req right? ;)

MR.

Just to be explicit in case a misunderstanding has crept in - the placeholder is just to respond to Tyber and you'll collect the book after the briefing, right?

Yeah, was just gonna tell everyone that the book is in the possession of the Librarius and the Inquisition are more than welcome to any and all resources.

I wasn't quite sure where we are speaking at the moment (partial squad or everyone) so I've left my latest post a bit vague. It can be assumed Titus will either have already said the same to Vorkys privately, or will repeat it when the squad gathers.

Hey Mol, would you allow me to use Boros' scrutiny skill to deduce why Achilion left the main hololith? Or his awareness skill - maybe he hears the vox-clicks between Kol and the Librarian? I'd like to take the chance and play up the divide he sees between the old and new squads a bit.

Edited by AHorriblePerson

Hey Mol, would you allow me to use Boros' scrutiny skill to deduce why Achilion left the main hololith? Or his awareness skill - maybe he hears the vox-clicks between Kol and the Librarian? I'd like to take the chance and play up the divide he sees between the old and new squads a bit.

If you do, I think it'd probably be more awareness to catch the vox click - I think anybody who is aware of Achillion's gifts would be able to read that he's moved as far away from the blank as the room allows for!