[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

You're right, my bad... going to eat a bunch of damage this time....:blush.:

Talons aren't too bad against marines. Claws can be really nasty though.

With them hitting Right leg, I'll be looking at 1d10+1 damage, after taking into account Pen, remaining armour and TB.

So minium 2 max of 11, with 18 wounds remaining this is going to hurt.

With them hitting Right leg, I'll be looking at 1d10+1 damage, after taking into account Pen, remaining armour and TB.

Just shout my name and jump pack to me and Ill stab you in the throat to regen some wounds or something :P

Just shout my name and jump pack to me and Ill stab you in the throat to regen some wounds or something :tongue.:

Or, you know you could come to me.... little tied up at the moment...

Just shout my name and jump pack to me and Ill stab you in the throat to regen some wounds or something :tongue.:

Or, you know you could come to me.... little tied up at the moment...

Well, you'd have to call for help and I'm not sure if Tyber would be too proud to do that before I get locked into CC myself and/or possibly be trying to stab Varvost in the back of the skull with my Narthecium as well.

Mol, isn't Vaidan supposed to take a Hard (-20) Willpower test?

If the Battle-Brother is in Squad Mode, the Kill-team suffers a point of Cohesion Damage for every Degree of Fear the creature possesses unless the Kill-team Leader passes a Willpower Test (with the appropriate modifiers, see below).

(Core, page 277)

Dos,

After taking a look at your post, you have the Bolt Gun doing too much damage, they got adjusted in the errata a while back...

They are now 100m S/3/- 1d10+9X Pen 4 28 clip full round reload tearing special quality

So damage wise, you'd be rolling 2D10 taking the highest and adding 9.

Nid Warriors are armour 8, so against a Bolt Gun with normal ammo, that becomes 4.

Nid Warriors are TB 10, meaning that when you roll your damage you need to take 14 (10 TB + 4 Armour) off of it to find out how much you actually did to it....

Yea Nid Warriors are tough, I've long considered them miss classified as Elite when they should be low ranked master.

You are right, of course - and actually your quotes proves me wrong further. Akkad at the moment is the only brother in Squad Mode, and he hasn't directly involved himself with the Tyranid Warriors yet. As such, I would argue that you don't need to roll the willpower test. That said, Vaidan might still harbour the belief that the warriors of the Kill-Team are disunited and acting impetuously. 

I suppose this begins to develop the idea that as the squad level up and find Squad mode more useful (through Forging the Bond) then they would find cohesion more important. 

SC: The thing to remember is that Dos is using Hellfire - so natural armour is ignored. He doesn't need 14 - he needs 10. He also does a righteous fury on a 9 or a 10. 

True, but that is why I was sure to add the part about it using normal ammo, as I didn't know what type of ammo he was using.:wink:

SC and Mol: Cheers to the two of you. Post amended. Failed my RF roll but a headshot is still a headshot. :tongue.:

Getting late so I'll call it a day and get to work regarding squad cohesion and sync tomorrow. :thumbsup:

No need to roll for RF confirmation, you've got Death Watch training, it is automatically confirmed against Xenos.

Edited by Steel Company

Slightly awkward turn order for the lower team. Possibly Akkad overwatching on the tyranid warrior with the condition to shoot when Atratus clears out the gaunts, or else Akkad clearing out the gaunts and Atratus trying to finish off the wounded one.

Sabaans bolter (explosive damage) would have inflicted one extra magnitude so any hit will finish them now...

Aaaaand post amended. Blast Weapons with the Explosive quality are well fun vs Hordes.

Another interesting tidbit with Hordes for us:

melee
When fighting against a Horde in Melee, a Space Marine
inflicts one hit for every two Degrees of Success on his
Weapon Skill Test. Melee weapons with the Power Field
Quality inflict one additional hit.

Found on page 359 of the Core DW book.
Edited by Slips