[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Aaaaand post amended. Blast Weapons with the Explosive quality are well fun vs Hordes.

Another interesting tidbit with Hordes for us:

melee
When fighting against a Horde in Melee, a Space Marine
inflicts one hit for every two Degrees of Success on his
Weapon Skill Test. Melee weapons with the Power Field
Quality inflict one additional hit.

Found on page 359 of the Core DW book.

It's stuff like this that is hidden bloody everywhere in these books!  The editor/formatting minion should be shot.

MR.

Agreed. Stuff is all over the place. It's be great to have a rewritten v2, with things laid out properly and Erratas/FAQs added.

I think they did that with Black Crusade, it's much more clean and has all the errata rules... also they changed how unnatural stats work, made it not as broken.

Added another quick post to address the current tactical situation.

Downloaded a dice rolling app and did my Command rolls. Passed Varvôst's (6 DoS) but fluffed the one for the bottom group, even with a Fate Point re-roll. :facepalm:

With that in mind, you might want to amend Tyber's reaction, SC.

Well here's some more learning for you, Fearless Leader ;)

Once per battle/combat/session, the Squad Leader can enter Squad Mode for Free.  Any Battle brother in support range merely has to declare they are joining Squad Mode to do so.

You may then spend 2 cohesion and order a Regroup.  As that is one of our tactics.  This allows a full move, for free to any brother in support range.

Bad news: Support range is 35 Metres (for you).

Also, narratively speaking, failing your FW roll to make the bottom group obey your orders does not mean you failed to convince them, it means you overcooked it old son and if we survive this, another old soldier is going to bend your ear ;)

MR.

What stat is behind the support range?

As Team Leader, you boost it via your Fellowship Bonus - however you can't affect it any other way, as it's based on player/character Rank and Fate cannot be used to boost for that purpose to my knowledge.

MR.

Just waiting where I am for Steel Company's rolls. Varvost is truly, truly insane! Whilst the Tyranids have managed to miss many attacks against him, I prefer to think of him blocking and/or ignoring them. Shame about those critical tables though!

Imperial Citizens! Rejoice, for our regular orogramm will be return shortly!

I have put down the wayward dryad on our front door and suffered just a single wasp sting, so no worries.

Wie were pretty Lucky as it seemingly got struck by Lightning and burst apart but since that happened late in the evening no one was hurt and there was no real damage to our house or the neighbor's.

Guess I will be returning to M41 soon then.

You guys have really picked up the pace here!

Great stuff all around and a special hats off to Nine for churning up those placeholders!

I think you covered Sabaan nicely there being all precision and no-nonsense on the outside.

Also, Thanks for keeping Nycax alive and shooty there, CM!

I'll summarize that in my next post, i guess.

In preparing that and considering the tactical situation as well as Vaidan's "Suggestion"...

Would this be a good opportunity for the IH squad ability? It gives a full (shooting) action AND a move as long as it's towards the enemy. That might come in handy swiftly joining the Demo squads while dealing with the second wave?

SC - No problem, remember that you have two sets of actions to give me, as we are almost back at your go this round too.

Okay, I'll mark the first one round what ever, and the second to match.

EDIT:

Okay, I've posted, there should be some amusing effects happening this round on our end....:whistling:

Edited by Steel Company

Like I said, some amusing effects.... I especially like the effect from the Krak Grenade, as it would put warrior #5 at 7 critical damage to the legs, meaning it has to spend next round getting up, if it doesn't dodge the attack.

Eidt:

Tyber's Chapter Advances are found in Rights Of Battle, Page 42 "No Respite For the Enemy", it really meshes well with Chapter's traits of +5 BS / +5 WS, as that table really feeds into dual wielding, either ranged or melee, though much stronger as ranged how ever... as it gives easy access to Gunslinger and Mighty Shot.

Edit #2

I could see our murder machine Varvost's Chapter using table 1-31, Page 40 Rights of Battle "Strength of Arms", as it gives Flesh Render, Furious Assault, Blade Master and Combat Master, all things that would really help our guided missiles of carnage....

Edit #3:

Missed the spot where Warrior #5 only had 23 wounds reaming, I thought it had 26 before Tyber's attack on it... that Krak Grenade if it doesn't dodge is going to do some brutal things to it... I mean since critical effects stack...

Edited by Steel Company

Well, he uses Flesh Tearers rules with a name change at the moment!

Makes sense, if you'd like CM, I can see about putting together a custom chapter for him, if you would like.

I'd just need some rough ideas about the chapter itself, from there I could give the bullet points of what would make them, them, with you free to flesh (heh) it out if you want...