[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

For multiple reasons, Thorvald is lost. The speed of the shuttle as it falls means it is near impossible for any of the assault marines to reach him. Narratively, I think it makes some sense too; I don't think his character ever really developed particularly far. I will likely be able to update on Saturday but possibly Friday as well.

Wow. This is really going downhill fast, isn't it?!

@Mol/ Slips

Will we bevreaching a state where jumpng from the craft would be feasible ?

Though, technically, beyond any height that lets you resch terminal velocity your risk of injury from the fall is almost the same...it mostly depends what you crash into and with what Part of the Body , i believe ?

Wow. This is really going downhill fast, isn't it?!

@Mol/ Slips

Will we bevreaching a state where jumpng from the craft would be feasible ?

Though, technically, beyond any height that lets you resch terminal velocity your risk of injury from the fall is almost the same...it mostly depends what you crash into and with what Part of the Body , i believe ?

Pretty much. Either we do like the video I linked and land feet first and go into a roll possibly shattering our legs and leg armour (not ideal)

OR

We basically start gliding/falling forwards and try to get a shallow-as-possible angle as we can and basically skid across the ground until we come to a stop.

If there are trees or snowy mountains, we could use those to attempt to break our falls without causing lethal damage.

So long as NOBODY attempts to land in water. Terminal Velocity + Water = hitting a surface harder than steel.

++

That is, unless we can stabilize the craft and use it to perform a "controlled" crash.

Edited by Slips

Poor Thorvald :sad.: aim for the bushes guys it worked well for Sam L and The Rock ... 

Theres no way in hell I, as a Sanguinary Priest, am going to give up on recovering geneseed once we've PURGED this world! (unless a Watch Captain higher tells me not to)

Which raises the interesting question of how long it takes for gene-seed to decay to the point where it is unviable... 

Thank you to Nineswords and Mazer for adding the depth and drama that my depictions were lacking!

Xin - I think you now have two options - staying in the shuttle until the crash, or jumping out - both have pros and cons. Hopefully Dos can weigh in a bit as Sergeant... 

Which raises the interesting question of how long it takes for gene-seed to decay to the point where it is unviable... 

Thank you to Nineswords and Mazer for adding the depth and drama that my depictions were lacking!

Xin - I think you now have two options - staying in the shuttle until the crash, or jumping out - both have pros and cons. Hopefully Dos can weigh in a bit as Sergeant... 

If we're lucky, he's barely clinging to life in sus-an membrane suspended animation (I just got what Sus-an meant for the organ typing this out -_-) thus giving Solastion sufficient time to make sure that Thorvald returns to the Space Wolves.

Sabaan is not build as weakly as you little meatbags! I am staying untill the Team is out!! Outcome is all!

Oh,

Then attempt to get clear from the craft using the only ejection seat for the mortal enginseer ...remember the fourh, empty seat i described ;)

Not expecting to actually deploy, just to get away from the actual impact ...

Sabaan is not build as weakly as you little meatbags! I am staying untill the Team is out!! Outcome is all!

Oh,

Then attempt to get clear from the craft using the only ejection seat for the mortal enginseer ...remember the fourh, empty seat i described :wink:

Not expecting to actually deploy, just to get away from the actual impact ...

Didn't Sabaan fall from orbit once?

This is right up his binaric pathway then?

(PS I love how you toss in the word "meatbags" it's both funny and endearing! :p)

MR.

Just a point to remember, we need to be no more than 8,000m above the surface if we do jump if we want the mortals we've got with us to live... air stops being breathable for humans at that point... also kind of curious to know what the max operational ceiling is for a jump pack, as they are air breathing engines... then this leads to the next question, do the jump pack engines have their own air supply for hostile environments that lack a breathable atmosphere?

My player group also run out of pack fuel and that's a common theme in the lore....might want to er...make sure you have enough juice to go the distance....so to speak.

MR.

I always figured that the jump pack drew power from the power plant on the power armour... just needed some air to be super headed by the energy from the power pack, that I guess is fusion based?

Edit: silly phone, trying to double post...

Edited by Steel Company

Wait - you can actually run out of jump pack fuel?!

I mean, I can totally get behind them not hovering around /not being mini gunships. Running hot, limited by gravity. Or at least reaction mass? But fuel.... :(

While I am making another scenic post..I also edited a former placeholder, which also holds some info on Sabaan's history with Tyranids.

It's on page 16 for those wishing to go down the memory lane back to the ill fated Voice of Thunder.

I mean, I can totally get behind them not hovering around /not being mini gunships. Running hot, limited by gravity. Or at least reaction mass? But fuel.... :sad.:

While I am making another scenic post..I also edited a former placeholder, which also holds some info on Sabaan's history with Tyranids.

It's on page 16 for those wishing to go down the memory lane back to the ill fated Voice of Thunder.

Let me know when it's done, I'll be happy to read it. :yes:

Heck as it stands, some nights I go back to the first post in this game and start reading it all over again.

I mean, I can totally get behind them not hovering around /not being mini gunships. Running hot, limited by gravity. Or at least reaction mass? But fuel.... :sad.:

Yes, apparently so.

Let me know when it's done, I'll be happy to read it. :yes:

Heck as it stands, some nights I go back to the first post in this game and start reading it all over again.

I went back through the OOC thread to post 1 and I'm telling you - it's not just our Kill Team that seems to have bonded.  In fact it seems we have more than they are....

Looking forward to more stuff.  Keep posting to keep it rolling - we must get onto the planet!

For vengeance!  

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham