[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Wait - you can actually run out of jump pack fuel?!

I mean, I can totally get behind them not hovering around /not being mini gunships. Running hot, limited by gravity. Or at least reaction mass? But fuel.... :sad.:

Yes, apparently so.

Let me know when it's done, I'll be happy to read it. :yes:

Heck as it stands, some nights I go back to the first post in this game and start reading it all over again.

I went back through the OOC thread to post 1 and I'm telling you - it's not just our Kill Team that seems to have bonded.  In fact it seems we have more than they are....

Looking forward to more stuff.  Keep posting to keep it rolling - we must get onto the planet!

For vengeance!  

MR.

Oh we're getting dirt side, there is no question in that regard... it is more a question of how many of us are walking away....

Does walking away preclude having functioning legs? Because if theyre turned to bone-and-power-armor dust, but still alive, I'll count that as a victory.

Also, only really those of us without Jump Packs are at risk.

Edited by Slips

Wait... does this thing have ejector seats?

Yes sir.  You're one of 'em!  Jesting aside, probably only for human use, ergo not great for us.  I suggest our next actions are to buddy off.  Atratus has the Interrogator, pair up with Greysight?  Tyber has Faith (oh ye with little Faith) and could take Vaidan?  Varvost takes whatever human is to hand and Solastion (to keep him in check)?

Unless Xin has any ideas to the contrary and if there are ejector seats...I'll take my chances there with him.  The shuttle is virtually split in half and after Thorvald, leaping across seems...risky.

MR.

There have been a few times that you guys have invented details, and where it doesn't conflict or cause problems, I don't mind. I hadnt considered that the shuttle might have an ejector seat, but I suppose it makes sense. As Mazer said, though, I imagine it would be human-sized and therefore not that great for your use.

I also had not considered using the jump packs to escape the vessel but it makes sense, and as the ship nears the ground I think it totally can work. However, narratively, I do think you need either Vaidan ordering an exit, or Sabaan advising escape, even if only for the meat bags...

There have been a few times that you guys have invented details, and where it doesn't conflict or cause problems, I don't mind. I hadnt considered that the shuttle might have an ejector seat, but I suppose it makes sense. As Mazer said, though, I imagine it would be human-sized and therefore not that great for your use.

I also had not considered using the jump packs to escape the vessel but it makes sense, and as the ship nears the ground I think it totally can work. However, narratively, I do think you need either Vaidan ordering an exit, or Sabaan advising escape, even if only for the meat bags...

That's kind of what Tyber is waiting for...

As for the flight abilities of the Jump Packs with more than one Astartes, I'm thinking similar to the end of the Test flight of Iron Man's Mk II armour after the Ice build up when the Thusters are able to provide just enough lift to stop him from hitting terminal velocity before finally cutting out.

Meaning that if the Jump pack can do bursts of thrust to slow us from 10m per second per second down to almost zero meters per second per second we just might get away from this... falling damage is brutal in Death Watch....:sweat:

As for the flight abilities of the Jump Packs with more than one Astartes, I'm thinking similar to the end of the Test flight of Iron Man's Mk II armour after the Ice build up when the Thusters are able to provide just enough lift to stop him from hitting terminal velocity before finally cutting out.

Meaning that if the Jump pack can do bursts of thrust to slow us from 10m per second per second down to almost zero meters per second per second we just might get away from this... falling damage is brutal in Death Watch....:sweat:

Best example I have for this is Helsreach.  Grimaldus heaves another guy out, but has to drop him off so to speak with a few dozen metres to go.  The Humans have to be let off last or into water/soft landing at sub terminal or they are Jam  and we only do Marmalade on this team - Sergeant's orders.

I reckon Xin and I can cook something up for us.

Falling in DW is Fatal, I refer to the exploits of Dougie McIsaac, a Storm Warden as proof.

MR.

Best example I have for this is Helsreach.  Grimaldus heaves another guy out, but has to drop him off so to speak with a few dozen metres to go.  The Humans have to be let off last or into water/soft landing at sub terminal or they are Jam  and we only do Marmalade on this team - Sergeant's orders.

I reckon Xin and I can cook something up for us.

Falling in DW is Fatal, I refer to the exploits of Dougie McIsaac, a Storm Warden as proof.

MR.

I think we'd be more akin to chunky salsa rather than marmalade.... the hummies would be more akin to tomato paste....:biggrin.:

I have put up a placeholder so we have an idea what is intended to be in the post.

Unfortunately, I was informed that my grandmother was committed to hospital on Tuesday and had just passed away a couple of minutes before when I called up the hospital to check if it would be ok to visit her yesterday. While not entirely unexpected ( she was into her early 90s and of declining health for some time) it's still sad and I am spending some time with my family.

I still hope to have my post up by Friday evening since I has started on it already.

And I really do wish you two to have a wonderful wedding !

I have put up a placeholder so we have an idea what is intended to be in the post.

Unfortunately, I was informed that my grandmother was committed to hospital on Tuesday and had just passed away a couple of minutes before when I called up the hospital to check if it would be ok to visit her yesterday. While not entirely unexpected ( she was into her early 90s and of declining health for some time) it's still sad and I am spending some time with my family.

I still hope to have my post up by Friday evening since I has started on it already.

And I really do wish you two to have a wonderful wedding !

No problem Xin, family first. You have my sympathy for your loss.

That was kind of the point Slips, it had been made clear to him that she was not mission critical, twice. She would push the jump pack to the point that it was would risk three lives rather than two... It left Tyber with three choices, risk it all, leave her on the craft to die, seeing it coming (having been in a 'Chopper crash, it's a very scary thing to see the ground coming at you...) and be frightened the entire time, or make it quick so that she might go in peace. He chose option three, and is furious for it, angry at Vaidan for forcing his hand and angry at the Interrogator for putting them all on this mission.