28 mm Eisenhorn: Sat Feb 24th, resin

I approve. It's not 100% authentic to that piece or artwork but it's not far off. I do think the head isn't quite right though. I wish this set a precedent for a whole load of releases based on the old Inquisitor game. We've got Artemis and Eisenhorn, but Delphan Gruss, Inquisitor Tyrus and the rest of the gang would be great releases for 40k and any kind of Inquisimunda revival.

Inq 28 board game incoming? I think so. They're testing the water.

It would be super easy. Eisenhorn, Artemis, chaos cultists, 2 more in box only figures, necromunda terrain. 

This is definitely true. Surprisingly, the current city terrain tiles work well even with the old 54mm minis. 

...dang, that's quite a bit better. Maybe not so much on the staff but the rest is very good. Same for the other Eisenhorn characters. Their Cherubael is actually better than the old 54mm model, better pose and closer to the Adrian Smith art.

I approve. It's not 100% authentic to that piece or artwork but it's not far off. I do think the head isn't quite right though. I wish this set a precedent for a whole load of releases based on the old Inquisitor game. We've got Artemis and Eisenhorn, but Delphan Gruss, Inquisitor Tyrus and the rest of the gang would be great releases for 40k and any kind of Inquisimunda revival.

Gruss is almost already there if you're willing to look for him:

https://miniset.net/files/set/gw-99120116005-6.jpg

Anyway, even if it wasn't shady mini made out of who knows what resin, I stared at both for some time and GW version is much better. Yes, yes, heroic scale and all, but the pistol alone on GW version has more details than half of Artem one, never mind staff and head...

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka
Removed off-topic content.

The GW version isn't perfect but so isn't the Artel version. Both have their flaws and both have things that are better imo. Just for sake of supporting the hobby and having some security I'd go for the GW version tho.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Dosjetka, January 29, 2018 - Removed off-topic content.
Hidden by Dosjetka, January 29, 2018 - Removed off-topic content.

Also I'm sure it'll be 2-3 tines the cost of the Artel version:

Turns out pirates (especially based in low income country) have less costs than legit companies based in developed state. Who woulda thought? :rolleyes:

Anyway, even if it wasn't shady mini made out of who knows what resin, I stared at both for some time and GW version is much better. Yes, yes, heroic scale and all, but the pistol alone on GW version has more details than half of Artem one, never mind staff and head...

Let's not pretend that the "pirates" haven't put more work in in a year for hobbyists than GW's managed in a good half decade for these sorts of niche releases, and the resin they use is at least on part with Forge World releases. The Eisenhorn model is actually one of their less detailed models, and it holds up well against the new sculpt.

As for "less costs", I don't think anyone believes GW charges those prices out of necessity.

Edited by Ugolino