28 mm Eisenhorn: Sat Feb 24th, resin

I feel like finecast and/or resin was bad way back in the day and everyone hates it still because of it. Kinda like how forgeworld still isn't allowed in games in some circles because of past crazy rules. I've literally never gotten a bad GW finecast/resin model.  And of course my FW resin is always perfect.

No, some of us simply don't like to work with Resin. Period.

My worst nightmare... Resin Primaris marines. *vomits* 

Resin takes a lot more work.

GW finecast moulds are just all over the place. They connect to the model in odd spots, have small chuck of resin below detail that are difficult to see, and it just doesn't feel very nice.

FW resin takes a lot of work. The casting gates can be a nightmare (Sicaran has massive ones on the sides that literally require a saw), the preparation before use is a lot more than plastic, since it needs washing and some parts need bending into shape. Then there is the dust that comes from shaping it. A mask is required when working on that. It's a lot more hassle than just clipping plastic from a sprue.

I love the new model and will most certainly get him, even if he's resin. But it's a shame they did not do plastic and to be fairm not sure WHY he's in resin. The GW plastic models that have come out recently are glorious. They don't lack detail, which is what was of the drawbacks of plastic kits. I'm pretty sure they could have done it justice with the latest plastic injection moulds they used for, say Valoris.

Plastic is expensive both in time and money and relies on GW’s limited injection moulding capacity. It’s a business decision to use resin since the lead time is shorter and the man-hours needed to design the kit are less. Expect resin for anything that isn’t a main line mini.

Anyway, the rules apparently leaked: http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/inquisitor-eisenhorn-rules-early-look.html?m=1

His special is to summon a turbo buffed Daemonhost. His weapon loadout looks nice and he does the usual Inquisitor things.

Rules are absolutely fantastic imo. Thematic and useful. Cast and Deny 2 also!

Also for 25 points you get a 5 wound Daemonhost character with str and toughness 6 and a 4++

Edited by Ishagu

So what can we use as a Daemonhost model since the originals are OOP?

If I had money to throw at the situation I'd probably combine parts of the ever popular Flagellant sprue and take one of the heads from the Hellstriders of Slaanesh kit. Not sure where good legs would come from though. Whatever you would come up with would probably look better than the 40k daemonhost models. They looked pretty bad at the time, and they haven't aged that well.

The electrobane rule is interesting, about as close as it gets to the old graviton rule.

He is pretty solid indeed, and the latest resin models have been more than acceptable.

Finecast is what kept me from getting Coteaz for the longest time until I found a sealed box of the old metals. Now if only retinues could be a thing again.

Edited by Brother Casman
Merged Posts

I’d be inclined to take him in my Catachan army since they’re designed to counter-assault. He looks like a solid combat character, can deny powers, can smite and when your units get whittled down a bit to the point where their natural Ld8 is sufficient you can pop the DH ability and magic an unspeakable horror from the warp into one of your unfortunate guardsmen. Actually that would be a kind of nice conversion...

Yeah, <3 those rules!  He's a decent fighter in melee with a lot of flexibility and a decent pistol too, but his cast/deny are probably the best reason to take him.  Having the flexibility to shift between Ld support (for IG, Sisters, etc.) or adding a combat model in a pinch is pretty sweet, too.  And all at a reasonable cost!  Now GW just needs to stop messing around with other releases and get him in the store :D