28 mm Eisenhorn: Sat Feb 24th, resin

I approve. It's not 100% authentic to that piece or artwork but it's not far off. I do think the head isn't quite right though. I wish this set a precedent for a whole load of releases based on the old Inquisitor game. We've got Artemis and Eisenhorn, but Delphan Gruss, Inquisitor Tyrus and the rest of the gang would be great releases for 40k and any kind of Inquisimunda revival.

Gruss is almost already there if you're willing to look for him:

https://miniset.net/files/set/gw-99120116005-6.jpg

Cutting the end off a Killa Kan drill arm and replacing that powerfist would be a good start. As you say, the head is pretty much spot on Gruss' artwork, even if the head on the miniature was different. Converting an appropriately fancy stub pistol would be another fun challenge.

Posted · Hidden by Dosjetka, January 29, 2018 - Removed off-topic content.
Hidden by Dosjetka, January 29, 2018 - Removed off-topic content.

Here comes the anti resin squad -_-

I pity you guys...so many awesome FW models you can't buy because of your mysterious allergy

Carefull don't let my choices get in your way.

And carefull stepping down that high horse, wouldn't want you to fall...

I think you’re being a tad hypersensitive... unless that mysterious allergy also extends to mild teasing on the Internet? :P

It’s absolutely true that being absolutely anti-resin in all forms closes you off to an enormous range of amazing models, not only FW, but the vast majority if not entirety of third party models (I think a few still use white metal if that’s more to your liking). Pity seems appropriate.

It's a neat model of Eisenhorn. I have no desire to buy it, but I'm glad that I get to look at pretty pictures of it on the Internet.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka
Removed off-topic content.

A new Eisenhorn book is coming out next month - a short story compilation of previously unreleased works.

It’s actually a full novel, as well as the short stories. It was originally meant to be the shorts with some extra stuff written to link them, but he ended up accidentally writing a full novel.

GW really dropped the ball on the scale, bit like those space wolf sculpts they canned it looks like the new sculptor or batch of sculptors cf: space wolves, angelos, primaris, eisenhorn cant get proportions right Edited by D3L

I went ahead and got the Artel Eisenhorn knock-off.

I love when people who couldnt sculpt their way out of a wet paper bag criticize stuff. :biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

So only skilled artists know how to appreciate art? By rejecting the GW model, you have also made a critical appraisal of it, which by your standards you're unqualified to do. 

You don't have to be an artist to know whether you like art, or if something looks 'wrong'.

This will probably be a buy from me, but low priority. 

I actually do know a lot about art.

It's completely subjective lol

Indeed, however you don't have to be a professional artist to have an opinion on art, in the same way you don't have to be a professional football player to have an opinion on football.

Disparaging people or belittling their opinion is not cool.

/on topic.

We've already seen artwork of a younger preacher Josef, and there is John French's covenant series.

I think GW are really aligning the stars on this one. We know they took back the rights to a 40k RPG from FFG, I think they seen how popular that was and wanted in on it.

Maybe the 2018 boxed game?

Posted · Hidden by Dosjetka, January 30, 2018 - Off-topic.
Hidden by Dosjetka, January 30, 2018 - Off-topic.
I thought pulling the rights from FFG were as much to do with FFG wanting to launch star wars legion? That must have been in development when the decision for FFG to stop 40 rpgs was made and is a direct competitor to 40k.

I actually do know a lot about art.

It's completely subjective lol

Indeed, however you don't have to be a professional artist to have an opinion on art, in the same way you don't have to be a professional football player to have an opinion on football.

Disparaging people or belittling their opinion is not cool.

/on topic.

We've already seen artwork of a younger preacher Josef, and there is John French's covenant series.

I think GW are really aligning the stars on this one. We know they took back the rights to a 40k RPG from FFG, I think they seen how popular that was and wanted in on it.

Maybe the 2018 boxed game?

From my experience as a designer, tue biggest difference between pros and everyone else is articulating why the subject of critism is bad.