28 mm Eisenhorn: Sat Feb 24th, resin

How can anyone hate GW stores? They are the reason most of us are in this wonderful hobby.

Besides, I've played in some often enough on lovely tables.

Most? You may want to check your over-reaching qualifiers (and possibly the smell from your nose), unless you can provide some actual facts to back up your spurious claim.

I actually managed a FLGS for a couple of years when there weren't any GW stores at all in my city, and we're one of the larger US ones and one of the fastest growing. They didn't even put a GW store here until something like 10-12 years ago. A lot of people I knew playing GW products in the US weren't even aware that GW had their own stores until something like 2000.

The manager here is a good guy and knows his stuff, but he is/GW stores are hardly the reason "most" people in my city, and I would venture the US, are part of the hobby. And the US is hardly the most populated country or exposure locale, so likely world-wide, less people are in the hobby because of GW stores than people that are in the hobby due to other factors.

I can confirm, I got into the hobby through our LGS like basically everyone else in my town and till now I've visited an actual GW store only like a handful of times. Edited by sfPanzer

Asked the manager of my store, he said there was no indication that was how he was supposed to operate and told me I can 100% get the mini and the book separately.

It really sounds more like one manager trying to increase his sales in a rather stupid way.

The rules for Eisenhorn are now up:

I ran him out with the leaked rules last week. The daemonhost noticeably hits his 3 damage shot more frequently thanks to the +1 and can hide amongst another squad but it is a slow foot-slogging situation and his 1 damage melee attacks doesn't cut through anything bigger than basic troops quickly... then again for the points it's not really a complaint.

Eisenhorn himself is the usual walking smite/dispel inquisitor with a modest melee attack. Cheapest way to field appeared to be a vanguard detachment with him, two acolytes, and a squad of cenobyte servitors (as inquisitors gain nothing from being mono-dex). Optionally replace the acolytes with a priest and arcos or similar blob to shield him and the daemonhost (who is also a character).

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/inquisitor-eisenhorn-tabletop/

I got mine on pre-order, he will be a useful ally for my Deathwatch.

I love how they suggest using different rules for each of his retinue - pretty damn great, and exactly how an inquisitor's retinue should be created. Please GW do this....

I love how they suggest using different rules for each of his retinue - pretty damn great, and exactly how an inquisitor's retinue should be created. Please GW do this....

The problem is that they don't come with the Authority of the Inquisition rule, so good luck getting them all in one transport.

The problem is that they don't come with the Authority of the Inquisition rule, so good luck getting them all in one transport.

It's for narrative play. If your opponent says they cant get in a transport together, they are missing the point.

I love the idea of using Sisters of Silence to represent Bequin and the Distaff. 

I think he's pretty great. Needs a transport, but once he gets close he can summon Cherubael.

Costs you his psychic defense though, and you can't summon Cherubael from within (or when disembarking) as it's a start of turn thing.

I think he's pretty great. Needs a transport, but once he gets close he can summon Cherubael.

Costs you his psychic defense though, and you can't summon Cherubael from within (or when disembarking) as it's a start of turn thing.

Why does it cost psychic defence? You only lose the leadership bubble

Why does it cost psychic defence? You only lose the leadership bubble

I think they are referring to you can't deny while embarked.