Showcase: Imperial Knights and Chaos Knights

Grotsmasha

6 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Your little knights look great!

Just finished my own knight army - just painting up some of the alternate weapon options, and other than that and a few small details they are done.

KSdqeNP.jpg

I think I have individual pictures of most of these earlier in the thread.

The color scheme is awesome, the basing as well!

I think the rumoured Emperor's Children army would look great with your knights.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them!  I started it with a very slaaneshi kinght (the one on the left) but have painted the other bigger knights to potentially be other marks instead (proceeding from the right, nurlge for the Tyrant, Tzeench for the Abominant and Khorne for the Ravager).  Glad you like the basing - its mostly just sand with a few assorted bits, if you want to see closer pictures you can see them with the following links: DespoilerTyrantWar Dogs, and the Abominant and Ravager.

Funny you should say that, as my knights army is an offshoot of my Emperor's Children army - though these days (or for those who want to skip all the WIP stuff, go here for pics of my whole (at that time) EC army).  They are currently being fielded as regular chaos space marines, though.

EC have been rumoured as being its own army since at least 8th, so I'm not holding my breath.  And while I do look forward to seeing what they do with units such as noise marines (in particular melee noise marines) I am also quite apprehensive of losing access to a bunch of models that I've already painted.  So when a codex does appear I'll have to see whether I want to dive hard into the new units that come with it or largely ignore them and continue to field the army as some variation of regular chaos space marines.  

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I never truly invested time into basing, and sometimes i blame myself for this :sweat:.

One thing we share is dead marines on the base(though i love my ultramarines) :biggrin:, oh and the love for EC.

I belive the rumours to be true, because i want them to be so, I'm waiting for unique EC army for a dacade.

• 1 month later...