It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

24 Battle-Sisters is what, about 600pts?

I can beat that for the Daemon forum with a single miniature, so...

True, but that's always the problem.

We won't win in points values, but I'm hoping we have one of the highest % of completions

24 Battle-Sisters is what, about 600pts?

I can beat that for the Daemon forum with a single miniature, so...

True, but that's always the problem.

We won't win in points values, but I'm hoping we have one of the highest % of completions

I'm sure the good Captain can verify at some point, but I think the Sisters score quite highly on that point, usually. In any case, it's a chance to get my Sisters finished.

For Sisters, last year, the overall completion rate stood at 50%. In fact the completion rate in the first vow was just 35% but the completion rate for all subsequent vows was 100%.

I cannot stress enough the importance of high completion ratio among the first vows!

How about instead of faction vs faction we have fraeter vs fraeter? :lol:

I think Chaeron would beat us all hands down.

Haha, well I don’t know about that... But I am very much looking forward to this! ^_^

For Sisters, last year, the overall completion rate stood at 50%. In fact the completion rate in the first vow was just 35% but the completion rate for all subsequent vows was 100%.

I cannot stress enough the importance of high completion ratio among the first vows!

Hopefully this year we'll do better

If I pledge for Ynnari...does that grant me access to everything Eldar?

No, there are no known Ynnari Avatars of Khaine.

Well I imagine thats for the best, what with Avatar's being an endangered and protected species after all the ones being punched out. :p

OK, I have unpacked models, and it will be Eldar, of some shade, that get my attention.

If I pledge for Ynnari...does that grant me access to everything Eldar?

:yes:

So, i just primed some of my Death Guard units and hit them with a quick wash of GW shade... If i set them down and wait for the start of ETL can i still pledge them once we begin?

med_gallery_79488_14397_5530.jpg

:yes:

So I've also got a question regarding this.

When making a vow, do you need to have the points of the model? 'cause as of right now, my Forge World Indexes are lost in the warp (long story short, the FW order got screwed up due to someone wanting to order AdMech stuff that was taken off of the FW site literally the day after the order was put in :laugh.:, so we've been waiting the better part of five months for the order to get sorted out), and I saw the Skaven Hell Pit Abomination (not sure if I'm allowed to link the image since it's a non-40k model, but its easy enough to find on the GW site), and thought "Oh hey, there's a basis for a plastic-based Giant Chaos Spawn conversion".

The other one is similar to DoomulusPrime's. My World Eaters' Heldrake was primed, and I put the Warplock Bronze basecoat on some of the main body and head, but everything else is still the black primer. Would that disallow it or no?

For the first question, the answer is yes, you must quote the total points at the time you submit the vow. There are three ways to deal with this if you do not currently have the source book for your units: 

1. Wait until FW finally sort your order out - after 5 months it might be close to happening

2. Ask for assistance from your fellow players or if that is not working out, then...

3. let me know and I'll give you the total based on your unit description.

Please treat option 3 as the last option, as the workload for me in the opening month of the event will be huge. But if nothing else works, let me know and we'll sort it out.

For the second question pls PM a pic of the entire unit and I'll let you know.  

For the first question, the answer is yes, you must quote the total points at the time you submit the vow. There are three ways to deal with this if you do not currently have the source book for your units: 

1. Wait until FW finally sort your order out - after 5 months it might be close to happening

2. Ask for assistance from your fellow players or if that is not working out, then...

3. let me know and I'll give you the total based on your unit description.

Please treat option 3 as the last option, as the workload for me in the opening month of the event will be huge. But if nothing else works, let me know and we'll sort it out.

For the second question pls PM a pic of the entire unit and I'll let you know.  

Okay. I get the feeling I might end up having to go with way number 2 with how long this FW issue has been going on for :laugh.:

And okay. I'll get a picture of the Heldrake hopefully sometime tomorrow and PM it to you.

So if I pledge for the Horus Heresy, can I do stuff from different legions? Because it all uses the same army list?

With Alpharius’s model shown I’m probably gonna do some AL, but I’d like to do some Imperial Fists and maybe some corrupted Death Guard.

What is the historical precedent for units that cost more than 3000 points? If I were to vow a Reaver Titan would the contribution be capped at 3000, or would my faction get 4000 points for the titan?

(Note, I don't have a Reaver, but might consider getting one for the event)

@Gederas: I've got the FW Chaos Index, I'll happily give you the points out of it for your stuff. Just drop me a PM.

Same goes for any other Chaos players that don't have access to one of the books.

Dragonlover

What is the historical precedent for units that cost more than 3000 points? If I were to vow a Reaver Titan would the contribution be capped at 3000, or would my faction get 4000 points for the titan?

(Note, I don't have a Reaver, but might consider getting one for the event)

The Vow would be worth the 3,000pt max.

Archived