+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I'm currently considering picking up a Leviathan for a future vow as Forgeworld is running a discount deal on Dreadnoughts until the end of the month. How do people tend to arm them?

It really depends on what you want it to do, and what marks you want to give it.

I opted for the grav-flux bombard and hellclaw... at some point I’d like to get 1 more of each for dual load-outs bcause I usually like to go all shooting or stompy. But I also converted mine from a Redemptor so I’m a little stuck that way for the moment. Petards are still awesome if expensive points wise, and would be great vow wise.

It really depends on what you want it to do, and what marks you want to give it.

I opted for the grav-flux bombard and hellclaw... at some point I’d like to get 1 more of each for dual load-outs bcause I usually like to go all shooting or stompy. But I also converted mine from a Redemptor so I’m a little stuck that way for the moment. Petards are still awesome if expensive points wise, and would be great vow wise.

I play (primarily) Slaaneshi Iron Warriors so inevitably my army leans very heavily towards a shooty backline. I certainly have some assault elements (Khorne Berzerkers w/Exalted Champion and Dark Apostle, two Contemptors, 1-2 Heldrakes, Daemon Prince w/Cultist screen, Daemonettes) so it's not like a more aggressive loadout would be totally out of place either.

I think I might actually pick up both the dual Butchers and the Claw/Grav Bombard to keep my options open. Might even go a bit crazy and get a pair of Leviathans while I can save £26 on 'em.

Edit: Welp ... change of plans. I guess I'm getting Renegade and building a Knight instead.

Sterling work all round folks!

Haven't touched a brush all week until tonight, almost finished three Terminators. Just gotta do freehand shoulders and the bases.

Dragonlover

Sterling work all round folks!

Haven't touched a brush all week until tonight, almost finished three Terminators. Just gotta do freehand shoulders and the bases.

Dragonlover

I know that feeling. Memorial Day weekend was hectic, and caused me to be drained after work. I have gotten the Deth Leppard squad started in terms of painting at least (also god these guys are painful to paint :lol:)

Once I finish Deth Leppard squad, that means I only have the other two squads of Noise Marines to paint, which will be FAR easier, as they're Mark IV marines. And then there's the 40 cultists.

-sigh- I shouldn't have vowed 40 cultists made from ESCHERS :lol:

Mate, 40 Cultists was a terrible idea. The fact they're made of Eschers is some kind of masochistic impulse that transcends terrible idea. Still, good luck!

Dragonlover

Well, they ARE Slaaneshi cultists :lol:

Thankfully, unlike the Noise Marines, the cultists all have the same colour-scheme, so I can batch paint them much easier :lol:. And I can batch paint them in terms of skin colour too.

Mate, 40 Cultists was a terrible idea. The fact they're made of Eschers is some kind of masochistic impulse that transcends terrible idea. Still, good luck!

Dragonlover

Well I'm doing 42 poxwalkers altogether this year, I would much rather have done Escher based cultists :lol:

As of tonight I'm about 70% done on vow two, just lots of glazes and highlighting to do.

I’m tempted...

Wasn't there something about a Cypher penance vow some years back... :whistling:

You didn't read the Captain Semper's Comments in the main rules section, did you? :whistling:

:biggrin.: That's a very nice looking cypher right there! Well done Sir! But now, since you have taken the first step, the road to true glory is waiting for you! Come join us Captain!

I was hoping to get 1/2 way thorugh my second vow by tonight and paint 6 noise marines, but I'm not yet finished my 6th noise marine, so these 5 will have to do:

EE70GNF.jpg

As for the guy with the blastmaster, do you think his tongue should be more red?  It's practically the colour of his cloak.

And here's the guy I tried to add to my completed vow, but was cruelly denied. :wink:  He had a chainsword and bolt pistol, but I didn't like the look so I gave him a power sword and icon.

INyclmg.jpg

Dragonlover

I'm feeling that now... I just want to finish my Cultists & Zombies so I can move onto Vow 2 :wacko.:

Dragonlover

I'm feeling that now... I just want to finish my Cultists & Zombies so I can move onto Vow 2 :wacko.:

Same. I'm at the point where I'm finally getting to the small details on my thirty and I really just want to be done with this ... and I still have their bases to do.

...I guess I'm getting Renegade and building a Knight instead.

Why not 2? :wink:

The second is already reserved for my Sisters. Also there's absolutely no way I would put myself under the pressure of getting through two Knights in perhaps a month or so, especially with other tentative plans for Month Three.

Same. I'm at the point where I'm finally getting to the small details on my thirty and I really just want to be done with this ... and I still have their bases to do.

Bases dont count for the ETL - so if you're sick of them after the miniature itself is done, just declare them finish and move on to something tastier. 

Bases dont count for the ETL - so if you're sick of them after the miniature itself is done, just declare them finish and move on to something tastier.

I understand the spirit in which you’re proposing it Augustus but I feel compelled to reiterate the ETL stance on bases:

Here’s the deal: People who wouldn’t consider their models complete without bases, it is expected that they’ll do their basing. ETL should not be viewed as an opportunity to cut corners but to do the best job you can - even at the expense of vowing more points. We always promote quality over quantity. However we recognise that basing is a skill that not all frater posses - especially those newer to the hobby. As such, and in order to encourage the participation of frater of all skill levels and exclude nobody, we have taken a lax stance on basing (meaning, basing is not required in order to declare a model complete).

I cannot police whether one can do bases and chooses not to or one genuinely cannot do bases - participants are expected to play in the spirit of the game. It is not, strictly speaking, against the rules not to base, and I will accept the completion if a completion is declared, but is such a completion worth it if you could have done the base?

I cannot police whether one can do bases and chooses not to or one genuinely cannot do bases - participants are expected to play in the spirit of the game. It is not, strictly speaking, against the rules not to base, and I will accept the completion if a completion is declared, but is such a completion worth it if you could have done the base?

I mean, by Emperor's Children aren't going to be based.

But that's because I'm still deciding on what I want my Emperor's Children to be fighting on :lol:

So mine won't be fully based simply because I still need to figure out what they're going to be on in terms of fighting. If I were to vow any of my World Eaters or Death Guard in later vows, those will be based, simply because I've gotten their basing down.

Of course! I might have cut corners in stating the ETL's stance on bases - but I don't encourage them in the game itself.

That being said: would it be OK to slightly convert an Armiger Knight into something usable as a Decimator (but which doesn't quite cut it to your (Semper's) standards of counts-as) and vow it as an Armiger? My understanding is that the Armiger is far cheaper than a Decimator with two Soulburners, so there's no points increase, only an effort increase. Don't worry - it will look totally in place in the Chaos forum. 

Nearly done everything now, forgot I vowed a Vindicator so Ill smash that out tonight. I dont have any pic's atm but I do have a WIP of the Exalted Champion sporting a fancy flag.

med_gallery_75911_12239_1484525.jpg

I, The Blood Raven, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Sectai Prosperine and vow to complete a unit of Scarab Occult Terminators and a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch of total value 410 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Archived