+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Newsflash! Did you know the slaves of the false Emperor have five more vows than us?

Recruit your friends, recruit your enemies. All shall serve the dark gods!

I was an idiot, was moving stuff around, then sat down and *crunch*. I sat down on my FW chaos hound, broke most of his legs, and can't even find one leg. *Bleeeeeeep*

So on Friday I'll be picking up a replacement piece, but it's thrown my schedule off.

I was an idiot, was moving stuff around, then sat down and *crunch*. I sat down on my FW chaos hound, broke most of his legs, and can't even find one leg. *Bleeeeeeep*

So on Friday I'll be picking up a replacement piece, but it's thrown my schedule off.

giphy.gif

@Captain Semper: I'm not sure what the ruling is, but can we vow an Armiger Knight as a decimator, provided it is converted with the correct weapon options? OR do we use the pints for the armiger itself?

Seeing as Knights and Traitor Knights cost the same, Semp was happy to allow Traitor Armigers with the same cost. "Sufficently converted....." was the only remit. Asked for a ruling in the main ETL thread in WiP before I started.

@Captain Semper: I'm not sure what the ruling is, but can we vow an Armiger Knight as a decimator, provided it is converted with the correct weapon options? OR do we use the pints for the armiger itself?

Well, it depends what you want to do. If it’s a Chaos Armiger you’re after, then what is said above applies (suitable Chaos-ification and Armiger points).

If you’re after a Decimator, then it’s a good starting point but it will require some serious conversion (not just the weapon options) to become a convincing Decimator and you get to use the points of the Decimator...

up to you. :)

Lascannon Havoc getting there, should be finish by the weekend

med_gallery_13342_13449_181448.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_114376.jpg

FW Warpsmith about to get varnish & should be finish between today or tomorrow

med_gallery_13342_13449_118840.jpg

Then to prove, no matter what. I'm always more than happy to add to my Iron Warriors + Chaos allies with any release & hobby challenge - 700...ish models so far

med_gallery_13342_13449_40835.jpg

@ Insane Psychopath: Holy crap snacks, dude, your army is MASSIVE!!!! I can't believe it. May I ask, what are those walkers in the back  -are they all Imperial Chaos Knights or Dreamoforge Games Leviathans?

@ Captain Semper:

Hidden Content

Well, it depends what you want to do. If it’s a Chaos Armiger you’re after, then what is said above applies (suitable Chaos-ification and Armiger points).

If you’re after a Decimator, then it’s a good starting point but it will require some serious conversion (not just the weapon options) to become a convincing Decimator and you get to use the points of the Decimator...

up to you. :smile.:

Gotcha, that's totally clear. Having not seen and Armiger in the flesh, I have no idea about their precies dimensions. I do have a Decimator, though, so when my Armiger arrives, I'll be able to make a size comparison and see for myself. I'll also share this info in this forum, for others having the same idea. I'll decide then how I'll vow him, according to your ruling on the matter. Either way, I will Chaosify the hell out of it! :biggrin.: Perhaps even drape a Space Marine in dark green over its canopy? :p

@ Insane Psychopath: Holy crap snacks, dude, your army is MASSIVE!!!! I can't believe it. May I ask, what are those walkers in the back  -are they all Imperial Chaos Knights or Dreamoforge Games Leviathans?

7 Renegade/Chaos Knights, Kytan & Lord of Skulls.  I don't buy 3rd party parts/bits.

Only none Games Workshop stuff will be plasticard, H beam & rods.

@ Insane Psychopath: Holy crap snacks, dude, your army is MASSIVE!!!! I can't believe it. May I ask, what are those walkers in the back -are they all Imperial Chaos Knights or Dreamoforge Games Leviathans?

@ Captain Semper:

Hidden Content

up to you. :smile.:

Gotcha, that's totally clear. Having not seen and Armiger in the flesh, I have no idea about their precies dimensions. I do have a Decimator, though, so when my Armiger arrives, I'll be able to make a size comparison and see for myself. I'll also share this info in this forum, for others having the same idea. I'll decide then how I'll vow him, according to your ruling on the matter. Either way, I will Chaosify the hell out of it! :biggrin.: Perhaps even drape a Space Marine in dark green over its canopy? :p

Pretty sure the armiger is bigger than a decimator, I know it's bigger than a redemptor dread by a decent amount having seen them side by side.

Not exactly sure of the size comparison of the two. But size is one parameter. The other is that, if you’re going for count-as, you should make an effort to go as wysiwyg as possible.

So if you use the Armiger as a base for a Decimator, when you finish, the final product should be easily recognizable as the model it’s supposed to represent. Similar size is important but it’s far from being the only consideration.

If you want to use the count-as rule some extra work is expected and often (although not necessarily in this case) a points haircut. :)

"Beasts of Nurgle" and "Plaguebearers" done.

Hidden Content

sLl1T6Tl.jpg

lY6SUqsl.jpg

SIZ59bel.jpg

jp0EiMEl.jpg

ghg6hvyl.jpg

Oy4w2ipl.jpg

Y1LyPbfl.jpg

v0Llve4h.jpg

:eek: Some super-amazing daemons there... Man, can't wait to see them on bases... This is top notch stuff!

Then to prove, no matter what. I'm always more than happy to add to my Iron Warriors + Chaos allies with any release & hobby challenge - 700...ish models so far

med_gallery_13342_13449_40835.jpg

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Yeah but they don't match my theme. I have a bunch of them from my 30K Word Bearers. I'd rather take the time and do it right instead of doing it just to do it.

It'll all be based by the end of the event for a cool final photo, how's that?

Sorry, I wasn't implying you should use the GW bases, simply stating that the reason I use them is to force myself to actually base my dudes otherwise I never will.

Squad 3 is highlighted, so it's all smooth sailing from here. Hardest bit is gonna be working out which iconography to use, I'm starting to run out.

Dragonlover

After a 14 hour work day, I based the DP's armour, flesh, and censer, then all gave it their first wash. It's drying now while I'm in bed trying to sleep.  I can't. All I can think of is to continue painting. Damn this hobby.

Archived