+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I have a bad feeling we came in second. Looking at the incomplete first vows or subsequent incomplete vows which erased all prior effort, it doesn't look good. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Just Slave to Darkness though - actually one of the last people I'd expect it from. Well done, everyone!!

While we wait, let's see some traditional completed vows compilation posts!!

I'll start off. 

Vow #1 TYjsKzn.jpg

Vow #2

TLnOmLq.jpg

Vow #3

vZ4xnFX.jpg

Vow #4

AxCS7tm.jpg

Vow #5

eaNao9Z.jpg

And lastly, a picture of all the miniatures I finished for ETL VI, together:

FPdxY9I.jpg

Also, I'confident we'll win again. And then there will be some dancing.

I guess you're right, when I looked yesterday it was much, much more. I didn't think about all of our honorable brethren who pulled through at the last moment to boost us. Maybe we did win, after all. 

I posted this previously, not knowing the traditions (this being my first ETL), so here it is again.

OiAtcGA.jpg

That was a lot of fun.  Its great seeing all the fantastic work, and all the positive comments and likes from everyone for my work helped keep the fantastic work from being too intimidating.  Thanks everyone.

He had to vote in daemons didn't he? Did our faction brethren manage to redeem themselves to a point where will will win an absolute victory or will we be left with the pyrrhic victory of best forum rather than faction?

Darn lap dogs of the corpse emperor rigging the game in their favour.

I forgot to mention above:

Dawnstar, I love your knight.  When arrayed with everything else you've painted, there is no question of what team he's on - its dark, brooding paint scheme, with the maroon vibrant enough to make the piece visually stunning but dark enough to carry the mood of the piece really carries it.

Now, at some point you may (or may not) want to add some spikes, but they certainly aren't necessary.  Personally, I wouldn't make it as spikey as your test model, which was kind of over-the-top, but parts of what you did I did quite like - I think I'll be stealing your spikey shoulder look for when I finish chaosing up my own knight.

What, we came in second? Hell! :eek:  Now I feel really bad... I'm so sorry! :ohmy.: I really tried to get things done, and the Hell Blade is, but the Storm Eagle will take a couple days more. It was just too ambitious a goal for me to get those models build and painted in such a short time. I mean the Hell Blade isn't much to build but stripes and trim still took some time - man, that little bugger got trim... Storm Eagle just is quite a bit of work, and you don't want it to look too bad in the end, so there's no use rushing it. I swear, I tried my best to get it done, but couldn't... :sad.: I feel so bad right now. Damn.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/ETL%2018/20180803_000916.jpg

No need to be too hard on yourself. In the end our big issue this year was that we finished with 18/55 first vows incomplete, those vows representing just a little short of 11,000 points. I think the Blood Angels deserve to win given how much less they left on the table.

---

Thanks again, Dr_Ruminahui. I think my long term plan is going to be to get in touch with one of my more artistically-inclined friends, or someone they can recommend me, and both commission from them some custom Household emblems and get some advice about how to best place decals about the Knight. Like you mentioned with the spikes, I'm very bad at interpreting how something is going to look when it's finished and my general approach is to keep adding to it until I go overboard. I think I'm more inclined to go with a fairly clean Renegade rather than something overtly Chaosy now, so hopefully with some help and time I'll be able to achieve something both more personal and that works a lot better.

The only person who I trust not to stuff up the count is the good Captain, so until he gives the final report I'm staying optimistic!

I will admit it looks pretty bloody close though!

Dragonlover

What, we came in second? Hell! :eek:  Now I feel really bad... I'm so sorry! :ohmy.: I really tried to get things done, and the Hell Blade is, but the Storm Eagle will take a couple days more. It was just too ambitious a goal for me to get those models build and painted in such a short time. I mean the Hell Blade isn't much to build but stripes and trim still took some time - man, that little bugger got trim... Storm Eagle just is quite a bit of work, and you don't want it to look too bad in the end, so there's no use rushing it. I swear, I tried my best to get it done, but couldn't... :sad.: I feel so bad right now. Damn.

Yeah, vowing a Storm Eagle, a kit that is widely known as one of the most difficult FW kits around, with only 12 days to go, was kinda... well, I'll leave the wording to you... It took me 21 days to finish back in January... But hey, join the crowd who vowed cultists - you have lived and learned. ;) NEXT YEAR SHALL BE OUR REVANGE

I really tried to get things done, and the Hell Blade is, but the Storm Eagle will take a couple days more.

I swear I will never build another Storm Eagle ever again.

In regard Cultist & poxwalker due seen post over this - Is it just the number or/& detail? One thing would be - Batch paint the base coat on 5-10 models, get that all done to what ever in the unit. Once that lot all done, get paper or a spare box. Get the spray bottle with brown shade.

med_gallery_13342_13449_173353.jpg

He had to vote in daemons didn't he? Did our faction brethren manage to redeem themselves to a point where will will win an absolute victory or will we be left with the pyrrhic victory of best forum rather than faction?

Best Faction was never ever in the cards. The moment all Space Marines got grouped together, they won that. As such, Best Forum is the biggest prize of all - and we're definitely in the running for that one!

Best Faction was never ever in the cards. The moment all Space Marines got grouped together, they won that. As such, Best Forum is the biggest prize of all - and we're definitely in the running for that one!

Correct and correct. However second place in the Faction competition holds some interest... ;)

Archived