+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

@Chaeron

You've got your Noxious Blightbringer at 65pts, is there a points change I'm unaware of as I've got him costed at 70pts with the plasma pistol?

Edit: nevermind, just found out about the chapter approved changes, I'll have to recost my vow and update it.

@ Razblood: Welcome to the ETL mate - Always good to see the veterans return! Good luck!

@ Chaeron: I was wondering when you'll make an appearance - and an appearance you made! Strong vow there - but we have come to expect that from you! :D Good luck - you'll need it! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Before I went to bed last night I got the first five dudes in my vow to this stage:

gallery_69371_13826_41007.jpeg

Trying to work out what colour to do the little icons on the guns and the chest plates, any ideas?

Dragonlover

Though I'd show WIP photos. So after a month, finial getting around getting bit more time toward the hobby for my own models :biggrin.:

med_gallery_13342_13449_245857.jpg

Looks awesome! What kit are the exhausts from?

It the Dark Angel Chaplain from the 6th ed box game release.

@ Dragonlover: go for gold or silver. Or Gold highlighted with silver.

Guys, we're doing well, but we're not there yet. I am willing to do another Soul Vow event to boost participation, but need an artist who makes banners etc. Since the last time someone helped me was two years ago, I'm not sure who it was last time. 

Also, I've seen a couple vows with incorrect, or, more importantly, insufficient points. Standard DI Noxious Blightbringers vowed without a 7 points plasma pistol, Standard DI Lord of Contagion vowed without a 30 (!) point Plaguereaper and such. Let's all keep an eye out for those, and maybe PM the participating frater (with a friendly reminder (it's all a game. One we take seriously, but not too seriously :yes: ) - as previous ETLS were won with mere hundreds of points of difference against chapter-specific and we're up against all space marines this year, we need all the points we can get. :) :tu:

If there are mistakes in vow then they need to be corrected. By mistakes I mean either the points are wrong or the equipment is wrong, or something that would make the unit not game-legal.

Otherwise people may vow whatever they want - even if it is not optimized for maxing out points. Don’t forget, most people paint for the tabletop, where keeping points low is part of the exercise. ;)

Of course - WYSIWIG is key in the ETL!! My point is that if there's a Plasma Pistol on the miniature one is vowing, why not include the points for the plasma pistol in the points of the vow? :tu:

Also: being more a fan of the modelling&painting side of the hobby than a gamer, I admit that I have completely lost track of all the FAQs and Erratas and all the other add-ons that GW has published. I also cannot find them all, nor do I know if I know about all of them. But I do wish to adher to the ETL rules of course! Would it be possible to link to all relevant errata in the OP, so we can take those into account? 

@Chaeron

You've got your Noxious Blightbringer at 65pts, is there a points change I'm unaware of as I've got him costed at 70pts with the plasma pistol?

Edit: nevermind, just found out about the chapter approved changes, I'll have to recost my vow and update it.

Glad you've found that RazBlood!

Also: being more a fan of the modelling&painting side of the hobby than a gamer, I admit that I have completely lost track of all the FAQs and Erratas and all the other add-ons that GW has published. I also cannot find them all, nor do I know if I know about all of them. But I do wish to adher to the ETL rules of course! Would it be possible to link to all relevant errata in the OP, so we can take those into account? 

That's quite a good plan Augustus, I think the points changes in the Big FAQ mirror those in Chapter Approved, but I may be wrong (I'm also not sure that it includes all of them too). 

So initially, first point of call would be:

Big FAQ

Chapter Approved

You may also need to look at the following as well, depending on your army choice:

Codex Chaos Space Marines - FAQ

Codex Death Guard - FAQ

Imperial Armour - Forces of Chaos Index - FAQ

Codex - Thousand Sons - FAQ

You could potentially need to look at:

Index - Chaos - FAQ (Knights, etc.)

Or the Daemon FAQ, for our brethren in the other forum.

+++EDIT+++ All the above are available on the Warhammer Community website to download, under Warhammer 40,000 - except for Chapter Approved itself, which is available to purchase as a supplement, although does have an FAQ there too.

I think, particularly in the latter ones (after the first two, really), it mostly covers aspects of play/wargear, rather than say Chapter Approved which is mostly point changes. Hopefully, this may help with a starting point in any case!

That's quite a good plan Augustus, I think the points changes in the Big FAQ mirror those in Chapter Approved, but I may be wrong (I'm also not sure that it includes all of them too). 

So initially, first point of call would be:

Big FAQ

Chapter Approved

You may also need to look at the following as well, depending on your army choice:

Codex Chaos Space Marines - FAQ

Codex Death Guard - FAQ

Imperial Armour - Forces of Chaos Index - FAQ

Codex - Thousand Sons - FAQ

You could potentially need to look at:

Index - Chaos - FAQ (Knights, etc.)

Or the Daemon FAQ, for our brethren in the other forum.

I think, particularly in the latter ones (after the first two, really), it mostly covers aspects of play/wargear, rather than say Chapter Approved which is mostly point changes. Hopefully, this may help with a starting point in any case!

Is it possible to edit your post and add links to all these? I can't find some of them. 

Also, Cap'n Semper, could you link to Chaeron's post in the OP?

Is it possible to edit your post and add links to all these? I can't find some of them. 

Added in now - hope that helps! If there are any I've missed, please let me know.

Cheers. Frater tremblant told me the Lord of Contagion's points cost was changed from 120 to 100, but I cannot find that in any FAQ. Is that true? If so, where does it say so?

I don't own the Chapter Approved book, and do not plan on buying it as I'm not much of a gamer anymore. Is it in there? 

Can anyone check my vow for correctness?

Edit: removed some salt about GWs 'gaming community oriented' sales tactics.

Cheers. Frater tremblant told me the Lord of Contagion's points cost was changed from 120 to 100, but I cannot find that in any FAQ. Is that true? If so, where does it say so?

I don't own the Chapter Approved book, and do not plan on buying it as I'm not much of a gamer anymore. Is it in there?

Can anyone check my vow for correctness?

Edit: removed some salt about GWs 'gaming community oriented' sales tactics.

I can confirm the point reduction on the lord of contagion, it's in chapter approved.

Week 1 update: My Malignant Plaguecaster was converted!

I do things are a slower pace admittedly. The plan for today however is to start digging into the Spartan. Today and tomorrow I'll hopefully get the rest of the army built and ready for spraying.

Great stuff, Cap'n! 

Thanks to Razblood's efforts of communicating the DG Chapter Approved alterations, I edited my vow accordingly. Turns out, I took a 112 point hit! Ouch. As my aim was to ow more than 2000 points for my first vow, I'm still good, but only barely... 

Right, so, we're a shade below the ETL average. It's to be expected, we've lost a couple of folks to other forums and I imagine there's a few that have just drifted away in the last couple of years.

What do we do about it? Recruit more! I know I've dropped comments into a couple of plogs, I just didn't want to overdo it and be "that guy" especially in plogs I've not commented in previously. Sadly the IRL recruitment I've done has headed to Deathwatch and Blood Angels of all places, but ah well!

So yeah, reach out to folks who might have unpainted Chaos stuff and want to join the best damn event on the best damn team!

If you're reading this and you're on the fence, get stuck in! No vow is too small, no paint job is unappreciated!

Dragonlover

Prepare your Soul Vows, Chaotic Brethren. 

WHAT IS A SOUL VOW? 

A soul vow consists of a vow to multiply the points of your first vow by at least two.

I will make regular updates in a seperate thread, and post those here as well. Please note that unlike previous years, the Soul Vow event will only be available to the CSM forum, not the entire Chaos Faction.  

In addition, those who pledge themselves to the CSM forum from now on will also receive the right to wear a special 'corrupted banner', as they have given their soul to chaos. 

Hidden Content

I do still need an artist to actually create these banners - anyone willing to help? :rolleyes:

Archived