Hey all,

I’m mostly known here for my Iron Warriors 30k thread. Haven’t had a lot of time or money to devote to them recently so I haven’t made a lot of progress with them. Today I was digging around in my garage, where I’ve got a lot of old boxes filled with models that have been bought and never seen the light of day, gifted to me by a family friend who didn’t want them any more.

I noticed an unopened Warhammer Giant and the idea for this thread came to me immediately.

oUY9hO0.jpg

ca4ITFh.jpg

If any one man in the 40k universe could grow a giant, it would be Fabulous Bill. What if he grew a whole warband in his vats? Astartes, Giants, other, more twisted creatures?

This thread will probably update slowly, but i’ll be exploring the idea of Fabius Bile growing an army of his own. Currently this Giant (further augmented by the Dark Mechanicum) will serve as a contemptor dreadnought or helbrute. It’s a very early WIP at the moment, but I’m going to get another ranged contemptor weapon for his right arm and I’ll potentially explore bionic legs for him too. I’d love to hear what you all think of the idea and the execution. Happy hobbying!

Did a little more work tonight.

L6wBzms.jpg

LmKCETn.jpg

gyJoKom.jpg

P9KZXbO.jpg

Changes I’ve made have been the addition of more cables to the back of his head, the addition of legs(the start of a bionic one, too), replacement of his eye with a targeter, and modification of the CCW to look a little more brutal.

A small change I elected to make was to remove and smooth over the belly-button, in order to allude to his vat-born (rather than natural born) nature.

I have a lot of plans to come for this guy, including:

• some kind of big brutal cannon to graft to the stump of his right arm. I’m thinking a twin linked autocannon

• servo-arm mounted missile launcher (counts as a cyclone)

• tanks full of combat drugs to keep the beast walking and fighting

• general gap filling where the bionics meet the organic matter, specifically on the back with the power-pack and of course the leg

I’d also like some second opinions on a few ideas I had but I’m not entirely sure of:

• firstly, a big gas mask to count as a rebreather so he could fight in the void/hazardous environments?

• vivisection like scars on the torso, maybe a good way to represent Fabius’ experimentation?

• more armour or ornamentation?

Let me know what you think!

The converted Fantasy model looks promising. As for suggestions, I say he needs armor to protect his guts. The armor will conceal vivisection scars, meaning the latter are unnecessary. A gas mask will cover up the fierce expression on his face, but you can have it hang from his neck, and paint streaks of blood on his mouth, showing the giant tore off his gas mask to consume his enemies' flesh.

The converted Fantasy model looks promising. As for suggestions, I say he needs armor to protect his guts. The armor will conceal vivisection scars, meaning the latter are unnecessary. A gas mask will cover up the fierce expression on his face, but you can have it hang from his neck, and paint streaks of blood on his mouth, showing the giant tore off his gas mask to consume his enemies' flesh.

Yes! Lots of potential here, very excited to see where this goes.

Cheers for the comments guys! WRT the gas mask I’m also considering a sort of black latex ‘BDSM’ style mask, as they’re followers of Slaanesh. As for the armour, I had some correspondence with Josh Reyndolds via his Tumblr, and I think I’ll keep the skin exposed with the logic that Fabius could probably quite easily engineer skin to be strong enough to resist bullets and whatnot. Ready to continue working on this guy in about a weeks’ time after I return from holidays!

Now this is a very interesting idea for a thread/project :D 

I've always been at least somewhat intrigued by Bill's bits and pieces since that now-ancient Cursed Founding Index Astartes article in White Dwarf. 

And given 'recent' fluff developments vis a vis a) Cawl [i.e. Primaris]; b) Bill in Commorragh; c) Bill managing to get his hands on some rather interesting Primarch genetic material etc ... who knows *what* he's capable of these days!

Mad scientist laughs all round!

I’d love to hear what you all think of the idea and the execution. Happy hobbying!

I think you're mad in a brilliant, Fabius Bile sort of way. Excellent concept.

As others have pointed out, the destructive power of modern (i.e.40K) weaponry needs to  be taken into account, otherwise he's just a bigger meat sack looking to fall.

Maybe a refractor field so you don't have to cover up surgery scars and what not.

Also, no belly button :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is a bleeding great project, I think a few armour plates would work well, as the others have saud, however I do agree that Fabius probably could work something out for that.

• 8 months later...

Long time no post in this particular thread. I come bearing updates on the Vat Giant

uQbNnL7.jpg

dIgZ4mw.jpg

He's practically finished model wise. Still planning on doing a little more work on his bionic leg.

As you can see I've used greenstuff and superglue to add a multitude of scars and denticles to his unarmoured torso. After conferring with Josh Reynolds (author of the ongoing Fabius series which inspired this project) he confirmed that Fabius would certainly be able to engineer some kind of flesh that was resistant to damage, thus, I went ahead and emulated this on the model. I like the idea of the skin being mostly resistant to damage and also extremely fast healing - thus forming horrible scars when exposed to something sufficient enough to damage it. Also leaves more flesh exposed and provides ample opportunity for interesting techniques to up the body horror aspect of the project which I didn't want to cover up with armour plates.

Also shown is his new and final prosthesis - a conversion beamer, which has all of the esoteric and otherwise scientific look i wanted, so much that it almost looks like a medical instrument itself. I especially like the (unintentional) way this leads to his right arm being far shorter and almost malformed in relation to the other arm - something which again ups the twisted and inhuman aspect of the model.

Other less noteworthy additions include the trophy rack and small shoulder plate taken from the new CSM terminator kit and the bionic eye made from the targeters on loyalist terminator torsos.

Rules wise he'll be run as a contemptor armed with a conversion beamer and CCW with heavy flamer. Not totally up to date with the options for hellforged contemptors but I can always proxy the beamer for something else.

I'm extremely happy with how this turned out and excited to begin painting. Let me know what you think! Cheers for reading.

Cool project. I always liked the giant model and you turned him into something deliciously twisted... Additional armour would have been nice, but he already looks menacing. The kind of guy to throw even loyalist terminators around and cause havoc and chaos all around until he meets some kind of gruesome, über-gory death... Edited by ranulf the revenant

Ah, that conversion beamer is spot on, I agree with the observations you made regarding its nature and also the way in which it creates interest through the size imbalance between his arms.