Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

Sp it's a black book, a supplement?

Yes I believe multiple supplements are planned ( Calth etc), dependent on sales of course.

Can any one point me in the direction of any fluff in BL or elsewhere that deals with Princeps and moderati recruitment and what type of cultures they are recruited from, cheers. :biggrin.:

The HH novel Titandeath which covers Beta Gammon is due Dec, so looks like they might arrived together. It’s looking like a nice release schedule for AT (imho as I like there regularly being something new to get excited about...)

The Beta Garmon book is a big supplement, expansion. 

So lots of fluff and artwork about the broader conflicat that Adeptus Titanicus is set in, the whole narrative so to speak.

And as Andy said, very detailed campaign setting, will flesh out 6 more legions with both backstory and rules.

Due in January apparently, a month after Guy Haley's new Horus Heresy book that is also called Titandeath and which was written in conjunction with this campaign book.

The Beta Garmon book is a big supplement, expansion. 

So lots of fluff and artwork about the broader conflicat that Adeptus Titanicus is set in, the whole narrative so to speak.

And as Andy said, very detailed campaign setting, will flesh out 6 more legions with both backstory and rules.

Due in January apparently, a month after Guy Haley's new Horus Heresy book that is also called Titandeath and which was written in conjunction with this campaign book.

Ahh ok, I was confused there for a moment about whether it was a novel or a campaign book (I guess it’s both!).

GME box arrived today. contents look amazing and will start building later tonight.

read few pages of the rulebook and noticed there was a bit about a roster for your battlegroup.

I believe there are no such thing available anywhere unless someone has made one?

if not i could always make my own but dont know what it looks like or do I even need one?

I have always used one for BB games and it is important there.

has anyone used magnets for their models? if so how many you used per warlord? 2 for each weapon?

any pics?

You only really need magnets for the arms. The carapace weapons fit nicely and stay in place without.

The have said that the Reaver will also need 5x1 magnets but that the Warhound does not have the magnet holes pre moulded.

Time to break out the drill.

Cheers

Vogon

Question for anyone familiar with the old Titanicus/Epic stuff: what stuff from the old line(s) can make reasonable proxies in the new game?

I know it's a different scale, I've seen the old Imperator being used as a proxy for a Warlord in current Titanicus, but old Knights more or less fine in the current game.

Warlords/reavers as warhounds

Imperator as warlord

Knights seem to be ok

Unless you're playing in 6mm...

I was thinking that sense part of the back story for my homebrew Titan Legion was that their Titans had been acting as nomadic city-states on a post-apocoliptic deathworld prior to rediscovery by the Imperium, and that using old models they would;

1) not have the Imperial Aquila molded onto their shoulders 

2) make them feel old/weird next to "standard" Titans

3) be super fitting for the Warlords that are being proxied by Imperators, maybe I can replace the temples with the new hab-block terrain to better fit my narrative for them.

though I already have a Mars Pattern Warlord, I can play him off as either a part/product of a Marsan colonial attempt, or reinforcements by the Machanicum after being organized into Legio Arcana

Someone needs to make a Adeptus Titanicus soundboard: stomping noises (AT-ATs!), weapon fire, the works!

Of course we'd need warhorns. The tripod sounds from the mainly-terrible Spielberg and Cruise version of War of the Worlds would be a good thing to sample perhaps.

It's also worth noting that H.G. Wells novel was the first Mecha story. The origin for the genre. And there's a Tripod class of Titan armed with Tesla weapons mentioned in iirc The Beast Must Die. I expect we might see it in resin from Forgeworld, depending on how things go with turning the Warlord sub-classes like Nightgaunt, Deathbringer and Eclipse in as new titan designs.

Archived