Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

Looking at the size of the sprues in the photo I’d expect the Warhounds and Reavers to be the same price.

Back in the days of the original a blister of two Warhounds was the same as one Reaver so I’d hope that continues.

There have been a lot of parallels between the new and original editions so far. I’m loving it. I really hope that at least one supplement is called Codex Titanicus that really would be a gift.

Cheers

Vogon

Is a reaver comparable to a redemptor in terms of kit?

I remember seeing a picture that had one standing next to a ruler, showing it was 5' tall(5.5' if you count the missile pod), making about the same size as an Armiger Knight.

though it will have a smaller base, sense the middle sized firing arc template doesn't fit those right.

Is a reaver comparable to a redemptor in terms of kit? I think that the warhounds will be a little more than a reaver but I'd be fine to be proven wrong

The reaver is a smaller and less bulky model but has more options, I think. £35 isn't terrible, same as the (overpriced, in fairness) plastic contemptor dreadnought but actually poseable out of the box and more weapons. Not as good a deal as the armigers though.

I was expecting the warhounds to come in at £45 for two, same as the armigers, but I hadn't realised they were quite a bit smaller. £35 doesn't seem impossible.

What's the standard size for a full game - 2000pts?

I was just looking this up this morning - I believe a “normal” sized game is between 1250-1750...so right around 1500 points. I’ll have to see if that actually lines up with potential lists I want.

I toyed with the idea of 3 Reavers, 2 Warhounds and a Warlord at little over 1900pts (aiming for 2000pts) but we'll see.

Yeah I’ll have to build a list to know. Ideally, I’d have two warlords and the Reaver/warhound maniple. Probably 2 Reavers and the min amount of warhounds for both. Not to mention knights.

Yeah, I have the Australian price of $98 all but confirmed which is the same as £35 according to GW... I'm getting 2...

I'll take eight! (insert Philip J. Fry picture here)

I toyed with the idea of 3 Reavers, 2 Warhounds and a Warlord at little over 1900pts (aiming for 2000pts) but we'll see.

Or 1 Warlord, 2 Reavers, 2 Warhounds, 2 Knight Banners around 1900

It's heavy duty to me. Those little walkers aren't what I fancy.

well the Maniple for that kind of thing in the core rule book is the Myrmidon Battleline; mandatory 2 Warlords and 1 Reaver, optional +1 Warlord and +1 Reaver. with the special trait that makes command checks for First Fire or Split Fire succeed on a 2+ regardless of modifiers.

I think I'll go with the Axiom.

Biggest challenge is waiting for a Titan Legion paint scheme for the Legios I like. That's if we ever see the Legio Oberon. (Fought alongside Guilliman in the Shadow Crusade and still exists in the Dark Imperium time line. They need to avenge themselves on the Ember Wolves!)

Archived