Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

I have to admit it: the Adeptus Titanicus hit a nerve with me - both on the rules front (that appears to be super immersive and cinematic) and on the modelling side too (the models are excellent representations of the 40k equivalents and in plastic!)... So much so that I'm committed to make my own Maniple - all I have to do is choose a Legio! Oh, and gather the funds as pricing seems a bit steep... Chances are I'll go for the Axiom Maniple - although the Light Maniple may also be a good choice given the amazingly looking Warhounds... But who am I kidding? The Warlord will be there and it's gonna be called "Provocator Navus" - like my mod-name! :D 

I'm also looking for influence on the choice of Legion. I like Atarus and Mortis but I wish GW (or FW) was to produce an album about all the insignia conventions, paint schemes and some background on various Legios - in the same vein as the "Imperial Knight Companion" that was released back when Knights became a thing for 40k. Or some sort of publication that is up-to-date that covers Titan Legions. A lot of info exists in various publications but a compilation with some add-ons would be most welcome - I'd buy it!

Furthermore I want to see the Adeptus Titanicus sub-community flourish and have some presence here in the B&C long after the initial hype of the first releases subsides. I would ideally like to put together a painting event - one that hopefully will become an annually recurring affair. I'm planning in doing that in early 2019 to make sure all the initial Titans get released and hopefully some extra weapon options too (although no indication of that at the moment) as well as allow time for people familiarise themselves with the rules play a few games and design their force of choice, make their budget and execute it. :)

Seeing as there was wishlisting for some of the old school variant warlord heads, here's a link to Atia's blog showing a chainsaw-based assault head conversion as well as the use of a 40k knight thunderfist as an arioch power claw.

It prompts a nice image of a titan-scale bear hug, which almost seems more plausible and effective than wailing on an enemy titan with a flailing CC arm. Like the older descriptions of power fists' strength coming from the good old powerfield-enhanced rip and tear rather than a colossal punch.

The correct answer to any question regarding which Legio is 'Fire Wasps' :)

They guard His throne after all!

Pretty easy to guard a rotting corpse...

:devil:

BLASPHEMY!

Seeing as there was wishlisting for some of the old school variant warlord heads, here's a link to Atia's blog showing a chainsaw-based assault head conversion as well as the use of a 40k knight thunderfist as an arioch power claw.

It prompts a nice image of a titan-scale bear hug, which almost seems more plausible and effective than wailing on an enemy titan with a flailing CC arm. Like the older descriptions of power fists' strength coming from the good old powerfield-enhanced rip and tear rather than a colossal punch.

I'm plotting to create a 'counts as' Reaver Chainfist out of the Daemonic Mechandrites from a 40k Warpsmith

Not sure if there was a Scourge style weapon in original AT?

Like Semper, I'm smitten with this one. The rules, so deliciously crunchy and oldschool, are like a balm in this era of "streamlining" everything(and because I don't want to be misinterpreted - streamlining has a place and there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but when it becomes a trend as it has in recent years that squeezes out everything else, I take issue with it). The models are amazing and while they're hardly inexpensive, I can trick my brain into thinking they are by comparing the price of collecting a Maniple in AT to collecting one for 40K, and since in the end all our perceptions of reality are subjective thinking it's affordable makes it so, right? :biggrin.:

Anyway it's doing something right, because I'm actually painting a thing at the moment, and to give you an idea of how unheard of that is - I had to shake my Vallejo paints for nigh on half an hour apiece to get them to mix up they'd been sitting so long, and those are the thin Air paints each with an added glass bead agitator, hah.

As for wishlisting - Knights. All the Knights, in terms of models, but above all a proper Knight Household list for the game. Longer term I'd quite like it if the game went towards Space Marine with infantry and tanks using the same truncated command terminals as the Knights, but I'm happy enough with Big Punchy Shooty Robot Things for the moment.

The correct answer to any question regarding which Legio is 'Fire Wasps' :)

They guard His throne after all!

Fire Wasps eh? Hmm... Dunno, Metallica sounds great to me because, ermm, name? :lol:

However the two paint schemes are too close together with Legio Metallica having black and white stripes over red and Legio Ignatum having black and yellow over red. To make matters even more confusing there are images of Metallica with black and yellow stripes too...

That’s why I wish they came up with a book detailing all those schemes and background - even if it means breaking with past and inconsistent lore - just to have everything in one publication and to clean the slate on this highly fragmented piece of lore.

Oh, and talking of cool backgrounds, I think Mortis is up there with the best! ;)

Also, Yodhrin, I agree with everything you said. In a way, those smaller satellite games is a great opportunity to work with more detailed rules given the low model-count. Same applies for Necromunda and all squad-sized games. Sure hope they launch a BFG hgame set in the Heresy... :yes:

I'm going to do a knight house as well.  My long term plans:

Legio Astorum

Warlord

2x Reaver

4x Warhound

Ordo Sinister

3x Warlord

Knight Household (trying to decide what house)

10x Knight Banner

2x hoping for Dominus

3x hoping for Cerastus

2x hoping for Porphyrion

hoping to finish all this before hobby butterfly syndrome kic…. ooo speedfreakz!

Exactly! This game has some very exciting prospects! Knight variants is definitely one of them, the weapon options is another, and even new Titans cannot be ruled out! I know everyone is waiting for the Imperator but other intermediate sized Titans can make an appearnece - if I read correctly through the lines in the designers’ comments.

Let’s see, exciting times ahead!

How would the plasma incinerator on the redemptor dreadnought look on the AT warlord as a sunfury plasma annihilator?

Same with the gatling cannon being used as a macro gatling blaster?

I was thinking about that yesterday and how a Knight Armiger chainsaw would fit on a Reaver powerfist :P 

Regarding proxies for the arioch power fist/claw, the 15mm version of dreamforge games fist/claw for its Leviathan might be a good proxy, although I think it is being discontinued and it might be difficult to find. I did get one for an armiger conversion, and although it looks a tad big on it, maybe it will be the right size for the Warlord.

You know, i just couldnt get on board with the idea of these enormous machines swinging fists around - it just doesnt make sense with them having to build up so much speed/momentum (assuming they arent just grabbing and tearing), but even reaching seems awkward on the reaver at least.

Instead, i’ve retrofitted the back end of a 40k knight cannon to create what is essentially a plasma-impulse hammer. Based loosely on the US MARAUDER project, the idea is that it produces an plasma/impulse blast that hits like a blunt explosive hammer, but is short range (few meters, enough for melee and for the cannon to hit targets on the ground/around the titan).

The idea is that its made for very powerful blunt force demolition work, so would have the same rules effects as a powerfist (concussive etc) without the goofy image of a massive war machine running up and holding things.

I’ve got a rough WIP worked up if theres any interest!

Archived