Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

I now have my Reaver in my hot little hands and am sorry to say that the arms are ball and socket joints with no pre moulded holes for magnets.

Time to break out the drills and pin-vices guys. I will probably use 2mm myself.

Cheers

Vogon

I now have my Reaver in my hot little hands and am sorry to say that the arms are ball and socket joints with no pre moulded holes for magnets.

Time to break out the drills and pin-vices guys. I will probably use 2mm myself.

Cheers

Vogon

This saddens me, pretty sure I have a few of those spare but such effort

That is slightly disappointing given the warlord's design. I'm not that surprised, though, given that the warhound is ball and socket. I'm not sure the price of the model is a good reason either; surely it doesn't add much to production or design cost to add a couple of magnet holes? 

Yeah it would have been nice to have pre made magnet holes - my Reaver tomorrow will probably be armed with the power fist and laser blaster over gatling blaster though, unless anyone thinks that is a crappy loadout?

It is a bit disappointing, particularly considering the reaver is so versatile. I was hoping to have it ready and magnetised for the eventual melta cannon. Trying to figure out the sprues... How easy would it be to 'simply' shave off a bit of the arm ball joint and add a magnet, then do the same to the socket? It would limit movement to the horizontal but does it look viable or is this a serious dremel/dril job?

Seems less of an issue for the warhound though, considering it's got a more limited range of loadouts.

It'll certainly delay my purchases which is probably a good thing for me right now! Though business it's clearly not ideal. After all, it has slowed my interest in Necromunda waiting for upgrades to my chosen gang etc.

On that note, when do we think the first weapons packs will come out?

Hmm maybe someone who doesn't want the Laser Blaster would want to swap it for the other arms for me...

While looking for magnets I came across a product combining a magnet with a steel ball. The magnet is shaped so the steel ball fits nicely. Possibly something to use or adapt for the Reaver

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/rotation-magnets-n52/427-rotation-magnets-size-s.html

Still no idea as to the additional weapons sprues will look like. I would love to have an idea about that.

I like that product Mendi Warrior, good find! Not sure how I'm going to go about sorting the Reaver's weapons, maybe that product will be ideal.

I'm planning on having a few Reavers so maybe one has a fixed fist (designated fister?) and just one magnetised arm and the others have 2 but can't take fists (oo er).

I just wish we knew what the other weapon arms will need, especially the chainfist. I know I could wait, but I really want to build my reaver!

Of course none of this would have been a problem if GW had followed through with the magnet holes on all titans...

Picked up my reaver today and am again blown away by the sheer insane level of detail on this plastic kit.

I’m bowing down to the plastic krak gods at GW right now.

I’m going to be sellin off a bunch of stuff now to make room on my painting table as I am settling in for the long haul with these minis.

Also, Legio Ignatum reporting for duty with a warlord and reaver thus far and a banner of Hawkshroud knights.

So excited for the warhounds- finally going to paint my 28mm one to stand beside her 8mm sister:):)

I’m doing my knights as house Taranis. I know they were basically out for the count during the Heresy but I like the scheme and history of them plus they seem like the perfect fit to go with Ignatum to my Mars obsessed brain!

So I’m just saying that there were a few banners of Taranis on the expedition fleets.

Trying to decide on a canon HH traitor Legio. It’s like every one of them has a red and / or black scheme. Might have to go Furean just to look different.

It's true that yellow with sick black flames is the coolest and best scheme around, certainly, but what about Legio Krytos? They've got that SoH-ish verdigris. Or blue and silver for the traitor elements of the Legio Tempestus.

Or the purple of the Legio Xestiobax who... were sort of traitor? They're nearly the only force that seem to have fought loyalists (kind of) and been pardoned for it after the heresy despite their weird psyker tech.

Remember that taranis is blue in the heresy

Really?! Crap... is it possible an arc mechanicus got suck in the mother of all warp storms and travelled back 10,000 years?...

Will have to have a look into that. Any decent pictures of the scheme around?

No, not really. It's a possibility that that's what happened, or it could simply be the fact that it got retconned. 

In Mechanicum, they're blue. But for a Martian house, the red would fit better in any case. I have found no definitive answer to the question if there was a colour change after their refounding, and I'll paint mine red, simply for the fact that my maniple is already blue and that there are more reference images around.

Archived