Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Can we not do the 'no true scottswolf' thing. I find the reasoning for wanting to limit peoples heavy war machines pretty abitrary - the Space Wolves aren't techshunners.

I agree. It also veers conversation back into the "Too Much Wolf" side of things. Space Wolves are a founding Legion that has zero qualms with using whatever tools are handy to execute the Emperor's enemies. That's all that should be said on the canonicity of units available to us.

Sorry about that. It's also taking the discussion away from the topic of this thread anyway.

Can we not do the 'no true scottswolf' thing. I find the reasoning for wanting to limit peoples heavy war machines pretty abitrary - the Space Wolves aren't techshunners.

I agree. It also veers conversation back into the "Too Much Wolf" side of things. Space Wolves are a founding Legion that has zero qualms with using whatever tools are handy to execute the Emperor's enemies. That's all that should be said on the canonicity of units available to us.

Sorry about that. It's also taking the discussion away from the topic of this thread anyway.

Its cool, i know i can get pretty zealous with how i think space wolves should be done myself.

So all this new codex hype has me itching to set loose the rout on the foes of mankind but I don't think I'll be willing to commit to a large force but kill teams seems a great way to get my mojo back. Will be getting the codex this weekend and was wondering, as I've not gotten a 40k mini in ages lots of 30k and tanks lying about. If I was to buy a kit to get back into the wolves what would you guys recommend? I have trays worth of basic guys and terminators so those are not needed.

So all this new codex hype has me itching to set loose the rout on the foes of mankind but I don't think I'll be willing to commit to a large force but kill teams seems a great way to get my mojo back. Will be getting the codex this weekend and was wondering, as I've not gotten a 40k mini in ages lots of 30k and tanks lying about. If I was to buy a kit to get back into the wolves what would you guys recommend? I have trays worth of basic guys and terminators so those are not needed.

Wulfen and a Stornwolf!

Our characters can't carry any wolves as body guard. Why?

Been like that since the 8th edition index, no?

The designers really dont want characters being units or part of units this edition.

At least, they can give wolves the bodyguard rule. Warlord deed means the designer encourages us to deploy warlord in front line. Though, he is unwilling to give us LoS rule. It's weird.

I agree that there should be an elite or fast attack option that's like fenrisian wolf body guards thats like a 1-2 fenrisian wolf alot with bodyguard rules. It would be simple enough and would keep the fenrisian wolf packs separate from needing the bodyguard rule on a pack of 15 dudes as that might get outta hand.

I doubt I can afford both but wulfen do loom like a fun unit and I like them aesthetically more than TWC so maybe they can be my elite hammer unit.

Also has ragnar lost the ability to take his two wolves?

Grey/blue, heavy/no heavy, wolf/Viking, thunderwolves/not thinderwolves, wulfen/ no wulfen, psychers/no psychers?

But Wispy who will be super jedgemental and terrible to us if WE aren’t???

Guest Triszin

really dissappointed that we cant take cataphractii or tartaros on our wolf guard seargeants.

I really hope that gets patched in

Grey/blue, heavy/no heavy, wolf/Viking, thunderwolves/not thinderwolves, wulfen/ no wulfen, psychers/no psychers?

Damn SW players, they ruined SW's!!

Like i said, "i know i can get pretty zealous with how i think space wolves should be done myself." Gotta remind myself to let folks do what they want.

I agree that there should be an elite or fast attack option that's like fenrisian wolf body guards thats like a 1-2 fenrisian wolf alot with bodyguard rules. It would be simple enough and would keep the fenrisian wolf packs separate from needing the bodyguard rule on a pack of 15 dudes as that might get outta hand.

If cyber wolfs stay 1-5 you could use them in this role. That don't have a body guard rule but are fairly tough and fast.

Forget the codex woes for a while and enjoy some astartes episode 2

https://youtu.be/mfGPMJ8A0QY

it really shows how transhuman dread works on marines.

to normal humans, they appear like automatons

Haven't seen this before :biggrin.:

Skyclaws are very good in this codex, like cheap death company. Wolflord with wulfenstone gets them 4 attacks on charge, you give your wolfguard sky leader a thunder hammer and your skyclaw pack leader a power fist and they get 4 attacks each on the charge hitting on 3s (5 attacks if you unlock the saga of wolfkin).

Thinking one unit of wulfen, wolf priest wuth jp for rerolling hits and a wgbl with armour of russ and reroll 1 to wound gives a unit that near always goes first and the unit they are attacking also has to survive the wp and wgbl attacks as well as the armour 0f russ always makes the fight last :)

Skyclaws are very good in this codex, like cheap death company. Wolflord with wulfenstone gets them 4 attacks on charge, you give your wolfguard sky leader a thunder hammer and your skyclaw pack leader a power fist and they get 4 attacks each on the charge hitting on 3s (5 attacks if you unlock the saga of wolfkin).

Well withou support either of the options the difference is 0.1 in favour of the DC (4.4 for DC, 4.3 for BC or Skyclaws). We can get a bit better than them though. We get a bit more with a WL with the Wulfenstone that they get with a Chaplain. So it is a good combo. But DC can be in higher numbers than Skyclaws and can better DS charge. I believe it is better for go full BC on a transport.

But DC can bring 15 models with DS, they can get a 3D6 charge from DS. Yes they are 7 points more, but just by Decent of Angels they probably get their points back (28% chance of charging against 74%, and you need triple ones for a reroll to be impossible to get there). For our cheap melee I still think that BC go more. THey can be 15 as the DC, they are 10 points cheaper and we do have transports that can carry them so they get a turn 2 charge.

An yes BC are still 13 points as far as I know, so the same as GH.

Archived