Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

It is though, you MUST end the move closer to the closest model. Thats not an aura, its an ability with a range.

I am trying to find the source, but I recall seeing that it was cknsidered by some player's that Njal's Psychic Hood was affected, since he has literally no other abilities that would have be affected by his Saga. And that is more so an ability with an aura.

Having to end the movement closer to an enemy model is not a restriction for a possible aura, as it activates by someone being in the area. You can move in a semi-perpendicular way, as long as you end closer. It just say that you can't use HI to retreat by that restriction

It is though, you MUST end the move closer to the closest model. Thats not an aura, its an ability with a range.

I am trying to find the source, but I recall seeing that it was cknsidered by some player's that Njal's Psychic Hood was affected, since he has literally no other abilities that would have be affected by his Saga. And that is more so an ability with an aura.

Having to end the movement closer to an enemy model is not a restriction for a possible aura, as it activates by someone being in the area. You can move in a semi-perpendicular way, as long as you end closer. It just say that you can't use HI to retreat by that restriction

Well I'm not going to keep arguing this because it's exhausting but heres my "I told you so" to the inevitable response to your completely superfluous email.

Well I'm not going to keep arguing this because it's exhausting but heres my "I told you so" to the inevitable response to your completely superfluous email.

Well, they screwed up the Codex a little. Let them answer questions even if they are superfluous just in case lol

Situations like this are why I stopped open gaming.

That was en unnecessarily rude answer, more so because it was argumented in so a berefit manner (it has been like five posts, not five pages, and your only argument so far can be paraphrased as "other things have range therefore HI isn't an aura"). If you are right then you are, but I see no need to be this aggressive. If they answer me I'll post it, so there is an official call. I am a firm believer that there a no bad questions, only bad answers.

Also, thinking about Njal this might benefits his Deny the Witch if I receive a positive answer, making his Saga not completely useless (only mostly so). Well, let's see if anything comes from a silly thought.

That was en unnecessarily rude answer, more so because it was argumented in so a berefit manner (it has been like five posts, not five pages, and your only argument so far can be paraphrased as "other things have range therefore HI isn't an aura"). If you are right then you are, but I see no need to be this aggressive. If they answer me I'll post it, so there is an official call. I am a firm believer that there a no bad questions, only bad answers.

Also, thinking about Njal this might benefits his Deny the Witch if I receive a positive answer, making his Saga not completely useless (only mostly so). Well, let's see if anything comes from a silly thought.

I apologize then, what I perceive as intentional rule bending or stretching really gets me going. I just see this type of stuff a ton and like I said before it gets exhausting explaining what I feel is a pretty obvious line between RAI and RAW.

Coupled with the fact that I just know already people have "thoughts" about SW players and I want to make sure we're represented well.

I apologize then, what I perceive as intentional rule bending or stretching really gets me going. I just see this type of stuff a ton and like I said before it gets exhausting explaining what I feel is a pretty obvious line between RAI and RAW.

Coupled with the fact that I just know already people have "thoughts" about SW players and I want to make sure we're represented well.

No problem. I have a different experience than you and that is why I came to that idea. For me the RAI vs RAW isn't as clear for you, because of several of the factors I mentioned, but luckily we have an arbiting body that can resolve the issue and make the RAI into RAW, with a simole answer or PDF. I still didn't plan to use this until confirmed, since it is a grey area and I think a source for discontent unless correctly applied.

As for the SW "reputation", well I live on a far off land, and my fangs are yet to fully grow, so my exoerience on that end is also quite different. Still I also do not want to fall inti abuse, which is why I asked here and to the FAQ team

As far as I can see, Njall benefits from SoM on the cover aura from his power and possibly the new strategem for -1 to hit.

Thats all pretty hardcore.

I could see it applying to psychic hood, but thats something for the FAQ.

Heroic intervention is a special triggered move that models with the Character keyword can do.  Still worth FAQ'ing, to clear up potential misunderstanding.
To put it another way, Heroic Intervention is not a rule units/models have, it an action they can do.  They have the character rule.  Models with the character rule can heroically intervene.

As far as I can see, Njall benefits from SoM on the cover aura from his power and possibly the new strategem for -1 to hit.

Heroic intervention is a special triggered move that models with the Character keyword can do. Still worth FAQ'ing, to clear up potential misunderstanding.

To put it another way, Heroic Intervention is not a rule units/models have, it an action they can do. They have the character rule. Models with the character rule can heroically intervene.

The SoM mentions psychic powers in the exclusion. However, it may work on the stratagem

Heroic intervention is a special triggered move that models with the Character keyword can do. Still worth FAQ'ing, to clear up potential misunderstanding.

To put it another way, Heroic Intervention is not a rule units/models have, it an action they can do. They have the character rule. Models with the character rule can heroically intervene.

The SoM mentions psychic powers in the exclusion. However, it may work on the stratagem

My bad.  Specifically looked for it, and missed it.

That's sad.  giving a rune priest a 9" cover bubble if you use your WL slot on it wouldve been pretty cool, though not overpowered by any means.

So, been out of the loop for a while but I'm used to new models being spoiled ahead of time. Are we just not getting any new models other than the dreadnaught and terminator updates they have on the website? Or am I missing something...

No not really, just a lot of the standard astartes toys we’ve missed out on and the wulfen dread as you said.

A lot of the interactions though with our characters have a lot more ramifications now. So we didn’t get a ton of brand new units but I expect how people use the existing stuff will be almost as good as new.

The only "new model" (rules for the model we can already make from existing kit) is wulfen dreadnought.

We have got also land speeder storm... with OBEL rule. So quiet nice gun platform for plasma or melta-olasma scouts.

Storm hawk, stalker, hunter, company champion, contemptora, standard sm cataphracti and tartarus terminators, and primarines stuff. And lord with cataphracti armour.

I am guessing land speeder storm (wolf scout vehicle) gets operating behind enemy lines (outflank)

*the special rule for a storm is transports 5 models and open topped

so the wolf scouts with access to so many special weapons can do it better than vanilla scouts

That's right :) both storm and scout bikes get OBEL in SW army. Just check it with mine own wolf eyes

scout bikes with OBEL are a powerful toy wow

chaff clearing and immune to alpha strike. nice

Heard on Reddit that our Wolf Scouts are 8 points more expensive per model that regular Scout Bikers, with less options. The difference with WG Bikes then it be round only 3 points less that the WG, with worse save and options, just to get OBEL (which while cool seems really inneficient).

The Storm is cool to have OBEL, but if it is the same as regular SM that is a lot of point to try and make the Scouts survuve a little longer.

Not loving the point changes I am hearing about.

Archived