Legio Tempestus - AT log - 1st Project done!

Looks great, the cold blue and the martian basing is a nice contrast, very pleasing to the eye. I hope they do tempestus transfer sheets eventually, I was bummed they got rules in the book but no art and no transfers. The mortis vs tempestus conflict on mars is one of the cool scenarios too. 

Yep, great work!

What else do you have planned for your Tempestus Maniple?

Thank you :)

The complete plan is in the first post, but this saturday the two Reavers will arrive.

I will only build the second Warlord once more weapon options are available, but until this time, I think I'll be busy with Reavers and Warhounds

Looks great, the cold blue and the martian basing is a nice contrast, very pleasing to the eye. I hope they do tempestus transfer sheets eventually, I was bummed they got rules in the book but no art and no transfers. The mortis vs tempestus conflict on mars is one of the cool scenarios too. 

Yeah, I would have loved to have that intricate bird, and my freehanding skills aren't all that ... existent. 

The conflict was great background material, but unfortunately it wasn't really detailed, so I'll have to wing it with the weapon options. OTOH, this allows me to just go for what I like :)

Well, I'm mad at GW.

You pre-order for pickup at a store, you'd expect to be able to pick your order up in the store on release day.

Needless to say, this did not happen.

I have to drive into the city to make the pre-order and pay up front, then drive there again to pick it up. Not only does this cost money and time but they're unable to send their own product to their own store in time for the release day.

From now on only webstores. It might not arrive at release day, but they send it to my doorstep and I usually save money.

:down: :verymad: :censored:

Well, I'm mad at GW.

You pre-order for pickup at a store, you'd expect to be able to pick your order up in the store on release day.

Needless to say, this did not happen.

I have to drive into the city to make the pre-order and pay up front, then drive there again to pick it up. Not only does this cost money and time but they're unable to send their own product to their own store in time for the release day.

From now on only webstores. It might not arrive at release day, but they send it to my doorstep and I usually save money.

http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/down.gif[/img:verymad::censored:

That is rather stupid... sorry to hear that man!

But man oh man does that warlord look nice! Great work man!

And after ordering in another country, my first Reaver has arrived today. Two more are on their way but it may be a while until those arrive.

The first thing I did was magnetize the arm weapons on the elbows and did a test fit for how they work on the Warlord. The answer is: pretty good, despite looking silly having two different weapons. Not the original laser blaster, but eh. Close enough. We'll see what weapon packs will bring.

warlord_alternate_weapons.jpg

Of course I also built the Reaver as well. I blue-tac'ed it together for a posing shot, but for now nothing except the legs is final. The carapace mount is magnetized, the arm mounts have to wait for tomorrow, but are prepared. Tomorrow morning I'll prime everything and we'll see how far I get.

reaver_1.jpg

One thing I've learned is that while Reavers are also super fun to build, they're much more complicated to paint than the Warlord. I've still made a head start, and the build is done.

I also primed and airbrushed the armor plates and started the painting process on the feet.

Here's the current status, apologies for the bad picture quality. Lighting is not good this evening.

reaver_2.jpg

Edited by Cpt. Bannockburn

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while, and in the meantime I've been busy.

The first Reaver is finished:

reaver_1_final_1.jpg

reaver_1_final_2.jpg

reaver_1_final_3.jpg

reaver_1_final_4.jpg

reaver_1_final_top.jpg

Here's a group picture of the two finished God Engines:

tempestus_grp_1.jpg

And of course I'm working on two more Reavers at the same time.

more_reavers_3.jpg

more_reavers_4.jpg

Silly tech priests.

khorne_reaver.jpg

Today, 4 Warhounds should arrive. It'll be a while until I'm going to paint them, since I first want to finish the Reavers, but at least one is going to be built soon-ish for test games and magnetizing Reaver carapace options.

Thanks for the praise, Bjorn! 

I've decided to first finish up my Axiom battleline maniple, so here's the start of that:

warhound_1.jpg

Warhounds are fun and easy to build and I can easily use the arm weapons as Reaver carapace weapons, even without a spacing column.

The legs of the first one are almost done, and the armor plates just need weathering and highlighting, before I glue them on. I think this will be the first fully blue one, because I simply can't decide where to put the spot colours.

Daily Warhound update:

The body and legs are finished, only the weapons and a final weathering pass with pigments remain and my Axiom maniple will be done. The two Reavers and three more Warhounds are next on the plate and I'm thinking about actually buying a bunch of buildings and a battle mat.

warhound_3.jpg

Thank you for your comment!

The blue is done in a probably way too convoluted way:

- Black primer

- Grey primer as pre-highlight

- Airbrushed Caledor Sky

- Rims with Leadbelcher

- Blacklining the panels with Nuln Oil

- Highlights if necessary with Fenrisian Grey

- Smoother highlights on curves with a mix of Lahmian Medium, Caledor Sky and a bit of White Scar

- Finally, a glaze over everything blue with Guilliman Blue, avoiding puddles

- Decals, then weathering afterwards, in the usual processes with gloss varnish, decal softener, and so on

I mention the rims, because after the glaze I highlight them with Stormhost Silver, to also neaten up any spillover from the glaze.

Raptoria walks!

warhound_1_1.jpg

warhound_1_2.jpg

warhound_1_3.jpg

warhound_1_4.jpg

warhound_1_top.jpg

Alternate loadout (or shoulder / carapace weapons for Warlords and Reavers):

warhound_1_alternate.jpg

And the first group shot of a fully legal Axiom maniple:

axiom_1.jpg

This finishes the requirements for a full Axiom maniple. With what I currently have, I can have both an Axiom and a Venator maniple with 4 engines each.