T̶w̶o̶ Three legios and a knight household

Fajita Fan

I’m totally tempted to overdo it with blood leaking from the head cables and shoulder joints too. Maybe a few splatters up in there but it was really the eyes and hydraulics that seemed most characterful.

Power claw holding something like an electrical tower or flying buttress as weapon. Discuss.

I think the blood effect is great, I am feeling it is a case of "less is more", this said leaking from head cables and shoulder joints sounds cool as well.

Regarding blood splatters, I don't think they make a lot of sense due to scale, as other titans don't bleed and infantry would not have enough blood to show stains. This said, if you can somehow manage to find sacrificial victims to hang from hooks or be chained to the carapace, then some more blood is required around them but you run into scale issues and lack of appropriate material to depict said victims :biggrin.:

Using an electrical tower or a flying buttress for clubbing opponents is an interesting idea. I personally would not see it for a Warlord (I like the Arioch power claw as it is, big, majestic, fear inducing), maybe for a Reaver, where if you can replicate the lower part of the power claw, you can add a magnet and essentially have two alternative power claws, one with a club, the other without.

A Myrmidon list is hard to do at 2k points. A lot of Gatlings and quakes :unsure.: 

Reaver

Powerfist
Chainfist
Megabolter

Reaver
Melta
Gatling
Missiles

Warlord
Plasma
Gatling
Apoc Launcher

Warlord
Gatling
Quake
Apoc Launcher

Warlord
Plasma
Quake
Apoc Launcher

I think that's a decent list. You do have to put a couple of quake cannons in to get three warlords and two reavers into 2k, but I think that's probably not a problem, as they're great guns.

Personally I think I'd put both quake cannons on the same warlord though. Gatling and plasma is an excellent set up for a warlord but neither weapon works all that well with a quake cannon, which wants to be outside their range.

I'm giving one of my warlords a fist too, but as Astorum I can move faster than most and have a decent chance of getting in range of things. Plasma, fist and vulcan mega bolter costs the same as plasma, gatling and missiles. It's probably not as good, but is quite fun.

I've never been much of a fan of double melee weapon reavers, but maybe they have their place. Your list won't be low on firepower, no matter what.

I had that exact same thought about the quakes so I have one who just (hopefully) First Fires every turn but I swapped them. My traitor Reavers are in an odd spot because because the boxer is glued together like that >_<

This looks like a challenging list to play and I had planned to use the DIY rules to shore up its lack of activations and suspect maniple bonus.

Did a couple of printed chemical tanks, I should have used some IG transfers before the shading :verymad:  If you all haven’t tried Vallejo rust wash you really need to order some, it’s excellent. 

Tomorrow I should be able to finish a couple of warehouses, they’re basecoated awaiting shades and rust. 

6811CF16 66CC 41A3 B166 05D963600772

1DEC9366 38C9 4C03 8601 5B5B4B9E841E

DCBCEB16 9521 4A45 B048 F4DDD1742567

FA45CB61 343A 4D2C 9392 9369C7DC7997

42534FF9 91D5 49A3 AB21 B9529BA61B5D

Edited by Fajita Fan

Group shot of my 3D printed terrain I’ve been painting the last month, just simple stippling with a makeup sponge, washes, Vallejo rust wash, and mostly cheap craft paint.  I have four more of the chem tanks queued up for printing, I’ll probably paint them in red and blue for variety (or keep them all yellow?).  The roofs of the warehouses are removable to be dice trays and bottle caps are glued up under them to keep them from sliding off.  I highlighted the blue generators and added nonstick padding underneath because they slid around so much, something I‘ll do with my other buildings. 

FE5B6CA2 37E7 48F1 87C8 1E2BD504C01C

518D778E AE2F 4D55 9114 D0CDAC2BD052

29CE5C53 B2E9 41B5 908D FE5ABDF83612

76336F97 A7FF 444A 9CC5 75532DE27D56

654387A4 F222 4B77 9A78 876BC6D1851B

I still have plans for a cathedral even though those would have been...rare?...in 30k and a pair of tall buildings with landing pads for the small dry erase command terminals I printed. I’ll probably use my AT terrain sprues to make 4-5 LoS blocking buildings and call it a day, that should be enough terrain for games on a 4x4 table. 

Bonus: those chem tanks, blue generators, and green plasma coils don’t have any writing to denote scale so they can be used for 40k.

Edited by Fajita Fan

I had to order more filament because someone used up mine that I keep separate from the staff filament.  

This is the landing platform I have downloaded to print, I plan to print just the platform and then build up a tall 2x3 building to put it on which I hope will hold the small command terminals MacrossMartin made.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3902862

featured_preview_2019_10_07_18_59_39_Han

There's also this tower which might be nice considering I have enough AI planes to make a nice little airfield.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3047642

f42cc84b0102d6e0e99b6b6c407d983b_preview

I feel like that tower could be made with a bunch of official AT terrain just by making a 1x1 square tower.  Basically I think my GW should be very generous with me bringing in 3d printed terrain pieces considering how much money I spend there on actual models and the fact that AT terrain has been limited to square buildings.  They can't insist I buy the super overpriced FW stuff because they don't sell FW but I'm inclined to use all of my AT sprues in a judicial way and not waste them on tiny buildings that don't block LoS.  

A gloss or satin varnish? Is that so the wash wicks away from the top of the detail?  I saw someone do a brown wash on a metallic (gold maybe?) dreadnought that had been gloss varnished so that just touching the brush caused the was to immediately sink into recesses.  

• 3 weeks later...
Well list building time for my knight household I was painting given the FAQ.  Acastus points have doubled rather than toning down their guns so I'll never field the four I've bought. They needed a nerf but simply doubling their points kinda restricts listbuilding rather than their substantial firepower. 

So this list was 2000 points on the nose with 3 mixed lances and 3 solo Acastus for six total activations.  I disliked only have 3 rather 4 knights in the command banner but squeezing him in meant losing the standard.

3 Cerastus Lancers, Battle Standard
2 Cerastus Lancers
2 Cerastus Lancers

2 Cerastus with Bolters/swords
3 Questoris (Gatling / melee)
3 Questoris (Battlecannons / melee / rocket pods)

2 Cerastus Lancers
3 Questoris (thermal / melee)

Acastus Scion - Conversion/Las

That same list now minus one of the Acastus is 2070 so it's time to start trimming points to 1995 with five activations.  The second lance loses the rocket pods and replaces their battlecannons with gatlings.  The third lance has one banner replacing their thermal cannons with melees. 

3 Cerastus Lancers, Battle Standard
2 Cerastus Lancers
2 Cerastus Lancers

2 Cerastus with Bolters/swords

2 Cerastus Lancers
3 Questoris (thermal / melee)
3 Questoris (dual melee)

Acastus Scion - Conversion

So this sucks because my Questoris knights were glued together so now I have extra thermal cannon knights hanging around and I need to use models from my Chaos knights to fill out the gatlings.  I guess the safest bet would be to start cutting limbs apart and using my tiniest magnets on their elbows but touching up models is a pain.  More to slow down my already abysmal progress.  

If I go less lancers and stick to more shooting I get this for 2000 points:

2 Cerastus Lancers (no battle standard)

3 Questoris (dual melee)

3 Questoris (dual melee)

3 Questoris (thermal / melee)
3 Questoris (thermal / melee)
3 Questoris (dual melee)

Acastus Scion - Lascannon

The second lance would be trying to strip shields for the Acastus while the third banner focuses on microwaving targets under their shield bubbles.  I don't know that I have enough gatlings hence the dual melees scattered in there (it takes two gatlings to convert a Castigator bolt cannon). The command lance is in a weirder spot as the king is slowed down by Questoris and will probably get shot to pieces quicker.  

Edited by Fajita Fan