T̶w̶o̶ Three legios and a knight household

Fajita Fan

Great stuff. That will look really cool I think. Will you make the weird shell thing for the top?

Where does it list the chambers? Would be useful to name mine.

I have a couple of ideas for the ciricrux anima but I need to build the torso first. My original plan was a mashup of Eldar, Necron, and Imperial bits with wires and cables. If I could shave off anything denoting scale I’d actually love to have some Lizardmen bits on there for a little Old Ones influence. I was surprised at what the official but looks like, it’s not quite what I was expecting but then again I didn’t know what to expect - this may end up looking really different.

I love the idea of beautiful (or not) alien technology being slaved to Imperial equipment with wires and black boxes all over the place. Think of the Nebuchadnezzar in the Matrix. My original mental picture of the Emperor’s warp gate down in his basement was an actual Eldar warp gate covered in ugly rectangular boxes/wires/gauges/sensors but I was told in our 30k section it’s actually all Imperial tech hacking into the Webway.

Unfortunately my hands are a little shaky trying to glue tiny bits together and spending many years building Orks makes me prone to over build things :lol: My Sinistramanus Tenebrae is already too heavy for a couple of 5x1 magnets so it’ll need to be glued on at the end!

It might be the photo, but the Knight skull head looks just a tad large.

You might be able to shave it down a little by trimming off the "teeth" and "neck." That might be more trouble than it's worth. Aesthetics.

The “official” model doesn’t have the armour plate above the head. Instead a load of cables go into the groove it sits in. You could maybe do something similar to replicate the look. It would allow more space for the slightly larger head. Edited by Mandragola

Oh you’re right, I saw an overhead shot on IG but missed that detail. That’s kinda why the neck is long so it cleared that top shield :/ hmmmmm

I need a lot of cabling and bits in the sternum area so I’ll need to do something on the back of neck. Good thought :thumbsup:

Edited by Fajita Fan

I like that skull head, very reminiscent of the Culexus assassin with the elongation at the back.

I hadn’t thought of the Culexus look, I never used them in my demonhunters army but you’re right.

I have a bunch of little servo arms from the 40k Mechanicus tank tread guys and I’m saving their mechadendrites for an engineer knight, I thought a pseudo tech priest knight would be fun to make. Would the skull look better with some hanging tentacles or little grabber arms? What about chains wrapped around parts of the model like the gun?

I'm eating at work so I'm on my laptop and that means it's knight list time.  My theme is wanting four "groups" if not four actual proper lances.  They would be drawn from four castles: Westhold, Eastguard, Northwatch, and Southkeep [no :cuss, I made an actual map of this but I'm changing some things and inking it]. 

Anyway here's an odd list with four Acastus and 5 activations at 2k:

3 Cerastus Lancers

2 Cerastus Lancers

2 Cerastus Lancers

3 Questoris (battlecannons/melee)

3 Questoris (Gatlings/melee)

3 Questoris (Gatlings/melee)

3 Questoris "Freeblades" (1 Thermal, 2 dual melee)

2 Acastus with Lascannons

2 Acastus with Lascannons

So that list VERY short on bodies but it's a shoot n' scoot affair and the only way I could squeeze them in.

Five activations hurts, at 2000 points you're facing a lot of guns. Have you thought about the stratagem support yet, given you'll be swimming in them at that value? Might help putting pressure on the opposition so they might think twice before vaporising your fire support first before dealing with the front line.

Not really, I tend not to build lists around stratagems or CP as they can be unreliable or straight up negated by skilled players. This was just an exercise in squeezing 4 Acastus knights into a 2k list given the points change.

I may just use one or two and save the points for my command banner, I really want them to reach close combat so I’d like three or four in there to max their shield save.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Odd day of progress as I go backwards to go forwards.  First I stripped a bunch of knights to respray and repaint them, this would be a good time to magnetize some weapon arms at the same time.

The later on I decided to cut up my almost-painted brawler Reaver while watching season 1 of Black Sails on Amazon.  The new fanged head was calling me, I cut apart his arms to magnetize the biceps, made an official chainfist, and made him an axe.  

82E09C0D E0F1 448C 91FF 5562715942B5

25A053EE BE32 42F6 9515 73587617CFE4

I'm not entirely sure it was worth the effort but I wanted my brawler to look a little more vicious and nothing says vicious like a tennis court-sized axe swung by a walking building. 

Like the axe and the fanged face.

I know this comment comes after the "horse is out of the barn," but did you consider integrating the axe into the arm as opposed to holding it in a power fist?

Yes, I also considered the saw blade hand if I could my Killa Kan bits, and I considered a BA Libby dread style lance.  The axe will make more sense when you see the left arm powerfist I have planned, I also plan to glue a chain around the haft and his wrist.

I will cut the axe head off later on and make a new one someday, my work 3d printer is busted right now or I'd just print a Khorne axe.  I sorta want to get these done but I'm just not sure how to smoothly highlight the white.  My newest Vallejo white isn't going on smooth even going 1:3 with medium, I may need to use test pieces as I go.  

Knights are almost done being stripped, contrasts are NOT durable but I'll still use them again and quickly get them varnished.  

Spent the afternoon trying to get my printer working again but the Z axis probe (controls going up and down) keeps failing so I won't be relying on that for terrain or bits for a little while.  Thankfully I have a gazillion GW plastic bits to work with.

Plan for the next few days:

Get my new brawler Reaver pieces based white and gold

Finish stripping my knights to prep them for respraying silver

Assemble my psi-titan

Get the psi-titan sprayed

Play a game?

My traitors are dedicated to Khorne because I was assembling a bunch of melee weapons because I wanted to be the guy who tries to melee in what is a game full of heavy duty guns.

But...

How bloody cool would some of these bits look on a Warlord?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Endless-Spells-Disciples-Of-Tzeentch-2020

Those heads would look pretty nuts painted as ghostly black/blue/green/purple in place of the regular head and the giant eye or book coming out of the top?  I'd do the book in black with stars all over it and glowy eyes peeking out of the void.  I ordered the Khorne endless spells to use the axe on my Reaver's axe and the giant Khorne symbol as a standard.  I guess I'm just jealous that the Tzeentch ones are so badass looking...