AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

The rapid fire battlecannon is S8 in 40k and that’s S5 in AT. The Avenger Gatling guns are S3 and can’t hurt titan shields without a combined strike. A big autocannon would be lucky to be 2 shots at S4 in AT.

I’d personally rather see tanks :)

No. This is AT, not Epic.

And it depends on how they would want to balance the weapons on an Armiger. They obviously wouldn't be too powerful but they don't want to be useless either. I could see the Helverin being perhaps a little more powerful while the Thermal Spear less so, as this would give Knights a long range option.

Edited by DuskRaider

It’s two Castigators, 3 Gatling Questoris, and 3 thermal cannon Questoris. When the Acastus knights are released my ranged component will probably change around. I’d like to potentially strip shields, damage a hull spot, then charge with the command banner to aim for the wounded spot.

Waiting on a flail to cure, not sure how I’m going to support the chains better. Pics incoming unless I fall asleep.

I need to finish my assassin and highlander freeblades and then my household is ready to get sprayed...until the Acastus knights are released.

The chain and balls come from the Fantasy Chaos chariot kit, the U shaped connector comes from the 40k Mechanicus gun servitor guys on tracks. I bought a pack to make Kaban machine conversions to proxy as Traitor Warhounds. 

The flail and warhammer count as power swords when I put on the bolt cannons and spears when I put on the shields.  My tiniest magnets fit really well on Cerastus bicep joints.

Group shot:

CC94EC78 2DC7 4E95 BF7A B3E47711D86F

Edited by Fajita Fan

So by my math when shooting a warp missile across the table at an unobscured target on turn one the penalty for a targeted attack is offset by the +2 accuracy bonus of the missile meaning 2/3 chance to hit and a further 50% chance to crit. So that’s roughly 1/3 chance of each missile critting a targeted location. That means 6 Reavers with a pair of Cerastus lancers at 2k points should score 2 crits on an unobscured enemy + 4 structure points on average.

If the Omnissiah blesses you with slightly better than average rolls that could drop a Warlord on turn 1...

Though that would be hilarious to see, I don't think it would really... *puts on sunglasses* ...warp the meta.

I'll show myself out :D

(But really, it would be fun to do with a say, melee oriented Corsair maniple. Sadly you can't both fire on the first turn and advance up the table as quickly as you'd want to in that scenario.)

I’m totally doing this, now I need four more IG hunter killer missiles.

These knights are looking really good Fajita Fan. Have you thought about setting up a plog for them? It might be better to see their development in one place, rather than sprinkled in with the rumours, tactics and everything else in this thread.

I don’t personally rate warp missiles. The issue is that they don’t damage shields, so the titan they hit can probably fix its crits and be relatively unharmed. Meanwhile those six reavers now have no carapace weapon for the rest of the game.

It could potentially be worth it if you can hit a warlord’s body and get two crits to drop its shields. I’m not convinced though. Wouldn’t you be able to do something similar with apocalypse missiles? The issue is still that you’re using essentially your entire battlegroup’s firepower just to injure a single enemy engine. Sure it’s shields are down, but all your models have fired now. It might still be ok if you fire the warp missiles on first fire or split fire but I’m still not convinced.

Warp Missiles look like they could be really useful if you keep them for a couple of turns so that enemy Titans have taken a bit of damage already and you can try finish them off. Rule of cool though I would definitely try a mass early strike to take something out :D 

First Fire would be the way I’d alpha strike. The point is a 60pt gamble that you have a decent chance of dropping a 500pt Warlord before anyone has closed their model cases.

I have a build thread and haven’t touched it in awhile but one of the reasons I made this thread was for random conversions and pics of stuff people make - I was kinda hoping to see if people make models/rules for Xenos or orks or Eldar. I didn’t really expect to finish an actual household but for whatever reason this stupid project grabbed me :D

Edited by Fajita Fan

First Fire would be the way I’d alpha strike. The point is a 60pt gamble that you have a decent chance of dropping a 500pt Warlord before anyone has closed their model cases.

I see the appeal of the quick kill. My thinking there is that it’s not a 60 point gambit at all. You can’t ignore the base cost of 6 reavers in the calculation. There are all kinds of opportunity costs as well. Overall I don't think it's a game-winning strategy.

Putting them all on first fire is all very well in theory, but much less so in practice. They won’t usually all pass their orders, meaning you’ll probably get a couple of missiles off in the movement phase and then the rest in combat, after the target has had a chance to repair. Line of sight could also be an issue – if your opponent sees a load of warp missiles they’re likely to try and set up so not all of them can see any one target.

Then of course any titan that succeeds in getting its order off is standing still that turn. Reaver guns aren’t long-ranged (apart from the volcano cannon) so you probably aren’t going to do be shooting much in turn one, and neither will you be working on a mission like retrieval or vital cargo. You might potentially be doing very well at glory and honour, of course!

The biggest cost of this move is time. The game lasts an average 5 turns. If you spend one of them standing still killing one titan you arguably haven’t accomplished all that much. Your opponent might spend that time lining up his missiles on your stationary reavers and doing serious damage back. And remember of course that you are far from guaranteed to kill the target.

So overall I think it’d be a pretty terrible army I’m afraid. I like missiles and bolters on the roof of a reaver. Warp missiles feel like a bit of a gimmick to me – one that doesn’t look especially likely to work in practice.

Oh there's all kinds of things that change the mathhammer for sure but the beauty of this is that I have 4 loyal Reavers primed for paint and 3 more unassembled.  Next week I'll 3d print 6 rockets and I'll actually try this in a game with friends. We love these kinds of stupid lists.