AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Random observation but I just realized that once “Special” hit location becomes available - it will be most likely to hit a Titan’s “Legs”. Kinda odd.

Yep, that’s how I’ll play. “This my custom legio using Astorum rules today.”

I doubt it, counts-as is part of the hobby as far as army rules are concerned so long as you make it clear to your opponent what is what. No surprises in the middle of the game.

yeah, if anything that's kinda the benefit of having a homebrew army; lets you play around with everybody's rules.

and that was one of the reasons I've tried to write as much division and sub-factions/cultures into my Legio Arcana, as it excuses:

1) different Titans/Maniples fallowing different Legio Rules that fit them and their personalities

2) some falling to each of the 4 Chaos Gods, so if/when we get Chaos Titans I can buy and use them

3) justify civil wars between them if I ever play a game where I split my collection with my opponent, while also letting each side use different Legio Rules as per reason 1.

none the less I'm still looking forward to seeing what this create your own Legio Rules article will give us, I wouldn't mind if I could represent my Idea that my Legio Arcana's preference for energy weapons has granted them better reactor heat management skills.

Just be aware your opponent gets (I think) extra stratagem points for each legio rules you use. 

well I wouldn't use multiple rules at once, just the one that fits with the maniple(s)/weapons I'm using in a given game.

thus why in a "civil war" game, each side could use completely different rules to fit them.

My kindle says I'm about 15% through with Mechanicum and man is it good. The first couple chapters about the knights were so informative. I think I'll be getting the two 40k titan books after this to really help me get some background/lore on this.

Warlord was really good but Titanicus is still my favourite Titan novel. Might have to read it again now :D I haven't read Imperator yet.

There were some short stories released alongside AT, Titanicus is Dan Abnett book that's like 10 years old but is truly great.  Warlord by David Annandale was like a short story that was bulked up to be a full novel, I didn't buy it because someone uploaded the audiobook to YouTube so I just listened to it - I'm very glad I didn't pay for it. 

Now that you're reading Mechanicum you should start to recognize this thing I started building a few months ago:

E0905709 B3CB 404B A888 76F2860BF3E7

3BF482A3 D025 4B0C BBE2 C8C1D19B2546

It's a powerful gun but far less so than a laser destructor. That's more like two or three shadowsword volcano cannons tied together. The thing on the chaos knight is a big laser but nowhere near the class of titan weaponry.

Tiny Meltagun and Thermal Cannon also had the same str

It's a powerful gun but far less so than a laser destructor. That's more like two or three shadowsword volcano cannons tied together. The thing on the chaos knight is a big laser but nowhere near the class of titan weaponry.

It's even weaker than the Volcano Lance, but in AT, Turbo Laser Destructor/Laser Blaster had the same str as tiny Melta gun, and Thermal Cannon and is much weaker/had different use than  their 40k/30k/lore counterpart. AT Weapon's stat are all over the place and is mostly based on rule writer's own interpretation of the game, for the sake of balancing or other unknown reason.

Maybe S7, but that would make it weaker than the Thermal Cannon and tiny Melta gun, which it is certainly not in other setting/lore.

Edited by Chopsticks

Well the knight using the tiny melta gun needs to be able to kiss the opposing princeps to use it. Meltas in 40k rolled another D6 for armor penetration at half range so maybe that's supposed to represent its most powerful short ranged profile.  

I wish I had a bunch of the long, skinny IG hunter kill missiles to make a big launcher that counts as a quake cannon.  Long range, 5" blast, and concussive with a short range penalty seems appropriate. 

I magnetized a laser blaster at the shoulder to swap with with the powerfist at the shoulder.  I wish I had just cut the power fist shoulder flush with the joint, magnetized that, then left one "bicep" with a pair of magnets on either end but oh well.  The laser blaster is a good swap for a fist.

magnitizing at the shoulder is fine for reavers, the same 5mmX1mm disk magnets that fit the premade holes in the carapase weapon rest comfertably in the soccet, just trim the top of the arms' ball joint and put your second magnet, and your'e done, from there yopu can magnitize the weapon(magnets fits inside if you plan ahead and glue them in prior to essemboly) and the bottom of the arm(it's wide enough that you can drill out space for the 5x1mm disk magnets) if you want to be able to swap sides for the weapon.

I wouldn't bother trying to make the melee options ambidextrous, sense the thumb and elbow bend would need to be accounted for on the Fists, and the blade and it's armor, as well as the elbow again, would need to be taken care of on the Chainfists, besides if you but two Reavers just build one left and one right.

My kindle says I'm about 15% through with Mechanicum and man is it good. The first couple chapters about the knights were so informative. I think I'll be getting the two 40k titan books after this to really help me get some background/lore on this.

Two? I know of titanicus but the second?

Titandeath is new, Titanicus by Abnett is old. Warlord is a newer book that I didn’t enjoy and there are a few new short stories: Ordo Sinister, Hunting Ground, Ember Wolves, and Vengeance of the Immortal. Ember Wolves is worth it just see the ursas claws in action, I’m going to model those with the bodies of some Warhound flamers I didn’t assemble. Ordo Sinister sold me on modeling a psi-titan as an ally for my Custodes. Edited by Fajita Fan