AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Do knight houses get special rules in AT or are you just referring to colors? Also reading you talk about the Death of Innocence made me happier than it should of because I just read about that event in Mechanicum, lol. It's really good read and I'm just over half way through after a couple days of reading. It is very difficult to put down.

I do wonder how to magnetise the lascannons/autocannons – if that’s even going to be possible.

I think it will be dead easy, the two guns on each side are basically one piece + armour

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355879-adeptus-titanicus-preview-from-warhammer-fest/?p=5311536

The question is: will there be additional volkite guns down the road and would they come with or without armour? I guess they would come with armour, if they ever come that is

Do knight houses get special rules in AT or are you just referring to colors? Also reading you talk about the Death of Innocence made me happier than it should of because I just read about that event in Mechanicum, lol. It's really good read and I'm just over half way through after a couple days of reading. It is very difficult to put down.

They get combined strike as an order to increase the strength of an attack but you have to take 3 banners per lance and banners within a lance have to stay within 6” of each other. Good luck using terrain with that.

Individual houses get Warlord traits but none of them are all that scary. There’s one about the command banner getting to reroll 1s in close combat so I’ll probably use that.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Experimental plasma weapon stratagem make short work of any knights.

Knightly qualities are mostly a disappointment, many duplicate trait get passed around between the houses, some good one come with setback. The Knight house need an actual expansion to be a fun and viable army. thing like special equipment, house stratagem, lance formation and stuff.

The price seems about right to be honest. It’s a very detailed kit. I expect I’ll get a box or two, and definitely the terminals this time. Wish I’d grabbed some of the Cerastus ones.

I do wonder how to magnetise the lascannons/autocannons – if that’s even going to be possible.

A large banner could actually be extremely dangerous. You’d be dropping a lot of pretty high-strength hits onto a single location, because you roll one location dice for all the shots. It looks like each one fires two blasts, potentially resulting in four hits, so a lance of three could cause up to 12 hits at S8, all in one place. This is a pretty good way to kill a titan, unless you hit one of its weapons.

I’m still undecided on what house to go for for my knights. I play Tanaris in 40k and that would look good, but there’s the issue that House Tanaris was mostly on Mars, dead, during the Horus Heresy. I guess I could say they were a battlegroup that had been off on crusade when the death of innocence happened, believe the rest of the house to be destroyed, and are now sworn to vengeance.

I’m in the same boat and in the end just said sod it, and did them in Taranis colours anyway. I’m using the same ‘they were on a crusade fleet’ reason as you suggest. It does mean we’re unlikely to ever get transfers though.

Looks like the Acastus terminals are available to FLGS, I seem to recall the last lot were GW Direct only? And seems the cards and hero terminals ARE direct only, so I’ll have to make two orders...

I was hoping they'd just released the Acastus terminals online as a pdf like they did with the other knights because having to buy tons of cardboard is kinda dumb.  All of my cardboard arrived warped and curled in my GME box so I'm not buying any more it.

Every once and awhile I tickle myself. 

I managed to get a fairly clean quake cannon proxy model printed today after some more modification to the file. First of all I think the stock model looks silly with its big stupid pilot light and the magazine looks half assed. The revolver magazine on the Nemesis carapace looks far better even though the Nemesis model as a whole looks terrible. Second I think the quake profile is far better suited as a rocket launcher. 

This is the Gjallarhorn from Destiny, a game I spent entirely too much time playing and is still the best FPS I ever played. 

AC6E1037 6496 4FF3 A247 330CAA2F5D4A

It was an “exotic” heavy weapon in Destiny meaning it was very special and with the exception of one weekend shortly after the game was released you couldn’t buy it from any vendor, it was a super, duper, incredibly rare random world drop you got after killing something. I got one fairly late into my Destiny career but it was also incredibly controversial as a whole faction of players who had it refused to play any end game content with players who didn’t have one because of how much damage it did. It fired a tracking rocket that split into multiple rockets doing very high damage each. The forums would light up with thread after thread of flaming and abuse for the way many players used possession of a Gjally as their golden ticket to finding raid groups. I never really cared and eventually never used my Gjally when I got a Sleeper Simulant which was far superior and way more fun to use. 

Anyway no one who didn’t play Destiny cares about Destiny stories and even those who did don’t care about other peoples’ Destiny stories. 

This weekend I had the brilliant idea of finding a Gjallarhorn model and adapting it for a Warlord as a quake cannon proxy. I found a simplified model, added a drum magazine, and broke it up for easy printing with this as the result. 

EC9D6ECE F775 4E99 9479 39819C45DF8D

8A91A418 8DC2 435C A0DE 7901A5FAFC12

I think it’s a little big so I might scale the next one at 90% and modify where the arm connects to look more accurate. With my plethora of bits I should be able to find some things to glue on and add complexity as my printer can’t handle too much detail. I love this thing so much I might try to get a really accurate model and have it printed on a liquid resin printer for even more detail. It’s the little things that make me happy!

Gameplay video for any Destiny players who are a little nostalgic. 

https://youtu.be/intKRUaQ5WM

so I've seen some of the old Epic Imperators floating around eBay, and I want to ask those who have/had them; how well to they work as Warlord proxies when there is a proper Warlord standing next to it?

I'm thinking that I'd at least modify the shoulders to have magnets to hold Warlord weapons, and probably replace the cathedral with Civitas terrain, and maybe swap out the head for one of the spares from my other Warlord kits.

do you guys think this is a reasonable Idea? or would it just be a waste of my money and these long OoP parts?

The Imperator is a little smaller.

https://youtu.be/2fYm7KsXU0Y?t=2868

How much is it? Less than $100?

Ha that's ace! I loved that rocket launcher :wub: all the little angry missiles murdering everything in front of you.

Should I keep the magazine? I kinda don't love it so I might just make a vertical box magazine like the old chaos Havoc coming out of the bottom.  Shorten the tail?  

I think the old Imperator is a tad too small. I'll add a picture of them side by side soon.

gallery_116407_14938_130584.jpg

The legs are quite short so they would need to be lengthened a bit, it is less bulky too, a lot of work I guess if you want to go down the conversion road. Just putting magnets for the warlord's weapons will see the weapons hanging quite low imho.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

I think the old Imperator is a tad too small. I'll add a picture of them side by side soon.

gallery_116407_14938_130584.jpg

The legs are quite short so they would need to be lengthened a bit, it is less bulky too, a lot of work I guess if you want to go down the conversion road. Just putting magnets for the warlord's weapons will see the weapons hanging quite low imho.

ah, that is a pretty significant difference from basically every angle... the cathedral barely reaches the warlord's shoulders.

maybe a Reaver proxy would be more fitting use?

the ones that are already assembled(of which there are many) tend to hover between 90-100 US, but there is one still in pieces for 120, and another one still on sprue for $190.

I wouldn't spend the money on an old Imperator, even if I think heavy conversion work might lead to something. A battlegroup box is USD170 in comparison.

Mendi, how difficult was it to convert the 'toes' on your warlord to? I'm debating if I want to take that type of conversion on.

Not very difficult, there are more details in my project log split over several pages from pages 10 to 12 if not mistaken.

Basically, exercise pressure on opposing toes so as to bend them without breaking them totally from the foot, repeat as many times as needed, when it breaks, it should go round the ball joint emplacement. I then filled the gaps with milliput.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5253061

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5276889

Edit: added links to the posts with the most explanations and amended my recollection here above

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Ha that's ace! I loved that rocket launcher :wub: all the little angry missiles murdering everything in front of you.

Should I keep the magazine? I kinda don't love it so I might just make a vertical box magazine like the old chaos Havoc coming out of the bottom.  Shorten the tail?  

Yeah clip the tail a bit and try a different magazine I like the one you currently have as that was a really cool part of the Nemesis Titans Quake cannon but have a play and see what the Havoc style one looks like. 

4 dice on the Acastus, Blast, Str8/9.

So potentially 8 hits. That’s something.

And only 80 points (minus weapons)?

Wow. Those things are absolutely brutal. They throw out a crazy number of dice.

The really scary thing will be a banner of more than one of these things. Two knights could land up to 16 S8/9 hits on a single location on an enemy titan. That's extremely lethal.

The missile launcher and mortar are both fantastic as well. Rapid and rending are both excellent traits.

Add all this up and I think the result is that an Acastus knight has more firepower than a warhound titan. It's actually more in the ballpark of a reaver. That feels kind of wrong to me. They are easier to kill than titans but it doesn't seem justifiable that they should be more shooty. To be balanced I think they need to cost something like 150+ points per titan - and more for an Asterion.

To be honest I think this looks like a mistake. It might unbalance the game and it certainly doesn't ring true. How come the tiny missile launcher on this thing's back is more powerful than a reaver's apocalypse missile launcher? How come its lasers are so much better than turbo laser destructors?

Every time a new release comes out for AT I'm worried that the amateur rules writers at FW will mess up this awesome game. This could be the moment this happens. The points of the guns might potentially make them balanced but they are just not believable. Big lasers should be better than little ones.