AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Paying for Blind missiles that require some engines staying behind is probably less effective than using that spot for Splinter(Astorum), using War Lust and going 24" with Warlords (32" with Reavers) for maximum face-ripping. Interesting, yes, if you can stop massed fire with it by just covering enemy engines and then whack 'em about.

On my way home with my haul! Plus my FLGS is starting their campaign, so will have to get these painted up this week. The campaign looks amazing and can’t wait:

http://campaigns.justplaygames.uk/titanicus/

I see you've got an Ember Wolves player, what's his list?

That first game is a test one between the staff so not seen either army yet. Will report back.

Built my first Acastus. They are super detailed and huge compared to Questoris. Will try and get some size comparison pics up (how I wish there was a way of posting images while on my phone that wasn’t 20 steps long...)

Goes together really well but watch those cables on the legs. One snapped and was a fiddle fixing it. Leaving the arms and carapace separate.

Has anyone seen any good conversions for the other weapons? Aren't the weapons that the new knight come with sub par?

I probably won't bother converting them, we'll see as I assemble them. Until they adjust the points I can't see anyone using them as lascannons while the conversion beamers are the same points but clearly better for some reason.

By convention across my armies I want to do weapon glows so you can see across the table what my weapons are.

Green glow: Plasma

Red glow: Melta

Blue glow: Lascannon

??? glow: Conversion beamers

Purple? Yellow? White?

"Sub bar" is a wonky way to say they are really good but for some reason the C-beams are almost always strictly better for the same points :tongue.:

Couldn't have said it better.  Even the flamer/chainfist and bolt cannon/sword options on the Cerastus are different points, I don't get the Acastus point values.  

For the cannon arms id just add the heat shrouds over the laser versions and find a dish for the end of the barrel, seems straightforward if you can find workable bits! :D  Tbh ill probably stick with the Lascannons as the rageahol is already venting in our AT group about these bad boys :/ Still ive wanted one since they got announced and finally one i can afford! :P 

(If i ever have the money for a 28mm one ill buy a Warhound :D ) 

While they're available I ordered two of the Apocalypse Eldar Iyanden boxes.  I'll have a bunch of Wraithguard and 4 Wraithlords which will see double duty on the tabletop in 40k and as AT proxies.  I figure with some metallic primer and few contrast paints they should look fine at both scales. I cannot for the life of me remember which Eldar titans are which.

If anyone is wondering the Loyalist Strat Cards have Loyalist Legio specific Strategems from all 3 books, as well as half of the new general Strats from the Molech book. The Traitor Strat Cards have the Traitor Legio specific Strategems from all 3 books, as well as the other half of the new general Strats from the Molech book.

Essentially if you have the cards from the original Rules box, and both Loyalist and a Traitor card packs - you’ll have every Strat.

Just built the Porphyrions too. I forgot they’re Warhound size lol.

Yeah, quite a complicated little model isn’t it. I’ve done four over the weekend (as well as two Cerastus) and I salute anyone who is planning a full Knight army!

Got my Loyalist command terminals, four Acastus plus terminals, both sets of cards and some loyalist dice. And an alternate reaver and warlord weapon sprue, since I was ordering some stuff direct from GW for once.

The terminals are very optional, I think. You can definitely manage without them. On the whole I think their upgrades are reasonably well balanced vs their cost. I'm fairly happy with Lucius Pretorian (though it should be Praetorian, obvs), the Astorum reaver. It gets an extra servitor clade as well as adding one to all its repair rolls. Costs 40 points more than a standard reaver. I'm not too sure how to use it though. It feels like it should be standing back guarding stuff but maybe you'd get more out of it by having it advance. On the other hand, if it's near the enemy it has more chance to get taken out in one go without getting to repair at all.

Dawn of Enlightenment (Defensor Reaver) gets to regen shields instead of moving, which is pretty good I think, given its low cost. Defensor already like to nuke from a distance so it's not a huge sacrifice. It can even grow a shield back if they were totally down, which should help a lot with subsequent repair rolls, needing 5s instead of 6s to regen. That said, LP above gets +1 to all its repair rolls anyway (so can bring shields up on a 5 and regen them on a 4) and it gets an extra clade, plus a reroll. Pretty clear which is best, which is why this guy is only +25 points.

Iracundus (Ignatum Reaver) shouts at things instead of moving, to no noticable effect forcing the other titan to take a command check or lose its order. This is rubbish if you ask me, since the enemy unit will usually pass this test so you've given up your move for nothing. All of its weapons are fixed - turbo laser, gatling and missiles although the cost of the weapons is actually included, so this guy is only 10 points more than a normal reaver. Not too bad then, but situational.

Ignis Ferrus (Atarus Warlord) is an interesting one. It always counts double reactor pushes as only singles, but if its machine spirit gets awakened it is always wrathful - which makes it fire a gun. Decent, at only +25 points from a standard warlord, making either running around or firing bellicosas a better prospect. Interestingly its reactor track is a little better than a standard warlord, with the first orange pip replaced by a yellow one. That would be easy to miss!

Finally Bellator Magno (Grpyhonicus Warlord). So at first it looks like he's massively pricey at 495, but that includes his bellicosa and sunfury - so really he's only 10 points more than a basic warlord. For that you get BS2+ and the option to push your reactor to reroll any (not necessarily all) dice from a single weapon's attack. Let's ignore the fact that you already get to reroll 1s against your chosen target with Gryphonicus. A BS of 2+ is a huge improvement in AT, letting you do very accurate targeted shots - especially with the rerolls. This thing's sunfury is going to be pouring plasma into wherever its bellicosa hit, and titans are going to go bang. You can put whatever you like on the carapace - I think I'd go with gatlings, as tehse can either help bring down shields or pour yet more targeted shots into wherever they're needed. Absolute beast of a titan.

If you ask me it's a bit odd that you get a Gryphonicus Warlord, as they are supposed to be all about Reavers, but whatever. I'm basically just jealous, as this guy would find a home in my Astorum force in a second. I've got an unbuilt warlord and I can probably find some grey paint somewhere.

Edited by Mandragola

You can run any of the character Titans as a support Titan as long as it is appropriately Loyalist / Traitor aligned I believe.

Edit - just don’t give them Legio Traits to avoid the extra 2 CP for your opponent,

Edited by Kilofix

You can run any of the character Titans as a support Titan as long as it is appropriately Loyalist / Traitor aligned I believe.

Edit - just don’t give them Legio Traits to avoid the extra 2 CP for your opponent,

I kind of think it would have to be from Gryphonicus in order to be the special character.

What I could potentially do is get a battleforce and make it and my spare warlord into a Gryphonicus Regia maniple, with a reaver replacing one of the warhounds. The reaver wouldn't be able to merge shields but it could be speedy. Should be about right for a 1750 force. My Astorum could then be organised into a Myrmidon and Venator maniple... or anything really.

It's unclear why I'd need two loyalist legios of course, but it could be fun. Gryphonicus and Astorum play quite differently and I could use different techniques on the Gryphs.

I'll just keep painting my Astorum for now. Loads to do! If the Gryphonicus transfers are ever back in stock, I might do something.