AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Do you guys paint the varnish on or spray it on from a can/airbrush? I have only used a varnish once or twice around 10 years ago!

On decals I paint my varnish (to bled the decal in). The protective coat I do by can. 

Cheers think I'll pick some up when I start painting again - on the fence with Praesagius again so waiting for Titandeath to see what else is in it. Really liking Metalica at the minute aswell. 

Which varnish are you guys using on your little stomps robots of death?

I've actually not thought about this just yet - I don't tend to seal them with varnish normally (i.e. any of my other models). I think that may be something to explore for these though.

I really hope we see Titandeath and the Reaver 2 in tomorrow’s preview for next week. I need that new sprue for a head and the volcano cannon which will go on my TotH pledge. And I’m in the same boat with my 2nd Warlord as I want the separate Warlord sprue 2 for a head and carapace!

The crane from the galvanic servo hauler kit puts the claw of the crane just above a warlords top.

I've been hunting for toy cranes that might fit AT scale for terrain or at least the lattice structure to build up. Sadly I don't have space to store anything, that's why I was making collapsible paper buildings.

Fair enough. To us it looked like one of the monster dump trucks at quarries.

But the look and feel are totally out of scale, I have one. It’s a great scenery kit for 40k but I was looking for some kind of Hot Wheels or Micro Machines toy I could repaint.

Fair enough. To us it looked like one of the monster dump trucks at quarries.

But the look and feel are totally out of scale, I have one. It’s a great scenery kit for 40k but I was looking for some kind of Hot Wheels or Micro Machines toy I could repaint.

I'm looking at a few of these to put together a spaceport board:

6mm Cran from OTP

They've got a decent range of scenery for AT, they're based in AUS though so will take a while to get to the UK probably!