• 2 weeks later...

Hail frateris!

Finally! The day has come! I have gotten my first game of Adeptus Titanicus, and what a blast it was!!! As it was my first game, we played without Legio traits and stratagems, but used all the rest of the advanced rules. Here is a quick run down of the game:

Forces:

Legio Astorum

Tritus, Reaver-class titan (Princeps trait: Favoured by Fortune)

- Gatling Blaster

- Laser Blaster

- Apocalypse Missile Launcher

Pyladii Alpha, Warhound-class scout titan

- Vulcan Mega-bolter

- Vulcan Mega-bolter

Avernus Maxima, Warhound-class scout titan

- Plasma Blastgun

- Turbo-Laser Destroyer

Unknown Legio

Reaver-class titan (Princeps: Iron-clad Tyrant)

- Gatling Blaster

- Chainfist

- Apocalypse Missile Launcher

Warhound-class scout titan

- Plasma Blastgun

- Vulcan Mega-bolter

Warhound-class scout titan

- Inferno Gun

- Inferno Gun

Deployment: Chance Encounter

Missions: Hold the Line (Astorum), Vital Cargo (Enemy Legio)

Deployment / Turn 1:

RSYPulF.jpg

Legio Astorum deploys on the left flank, Tritus in the middle, with the two Warhounds on either side. The enemy Legio deploys on the right flank, one of the two Warhounds without doubt carrying the Vital Cargo. All enemy titans are issued Full Stride orders, whilst Astorum is content to march forward, to bring their guns to bear. The first turn passes without any damage to the enemy, except for one void shield taken down. 

Turn 2:

NGIliaF.jpg

tqGxZFk.jpg

Enemy Legio wins the initiative. The enemy Reaver is issued the Charge order, while the two Warhounds push further forward. Astorum prepare to weather the storm. The Reaver assaults Tritus and manages to damage it badly. With just two more hits, Tritus will fall! Trying to salvage a bad situation, Tritus falls back, and lets fly at the Reaver. Under sustained fire by all Astorum titans, the enemy Reaver is badly damaged; but still standing and quite capable of killing Tritus next turn. 

Turn 3:

NVZypsl.jpg

Astorum wins the initiative, and issues First Fire orders to Tritus! Before the enemy Reaver can assault, Tritus' Laser Blaster manages to immoblise it! The battle begins to turn! Unable to charge, the Reaver instead manages to repair the legs, ready to kill Tritus in the shooting phase. Again Astorum is lucky, as Avernus Maxima is just able to kill the Reaver; Engine Kill! The enemy Warhound with the twin Inferno guns is revealed as the courier; Astorum now has to kill it before it can leave the battle space. 

Turn 4:

gzdAjqz.jpg

Astorum fails to kill the Warhound, allowing the enemy to fulfill their mission. Victory can now only be achieved, if Astorum can slay the last of the enemy Warhounds. The enemy knows this, and tries to hide the last of their Engines behind an apartment complex.  It manages to weather the storm of fire suprisingly well, though it's shields are collapsed. In turn, it collapses the shields of Pyladii Alpha. The game does not end, and carries into Turn 5.

Turn 5:

Yfv1OEU.jpg

Flanked by the two Astorum Warhounds, and faced by Tritus, the last of the enemy Engines knows that it is in trouble. And justly so. However, it manages to survive the fire of both Tritus and Avernus Maxima. As Pyladii Alpha opens fire, the first of the Vulcan Mega-bolters blows out it's shields, the second then opens up, and a torrent of fire explodes across it's body, and it is torn part by multiple explosions. Wild Firing in it's death throes, the enemy Warhound staggers into it's kill, blowing out Alpha's shields. But it is not enough. 

Legio Astorum stand as masters of the field: 27VP to 15VP.

What a glorious first game! Right down to the end it was exciting, and could swing either way. My honoured opponent had played seven games before, he had seen my list before hand (as I brought fielded everything I had painted, except for my Knights), and had built his list to give a good game, rather than just curb stomp me into the pavement. 

I will certainly be looking forward to playing both him and Adeptus Titanicus again! Now - off to the paint brushes. There is an Astorum Warlord titan needing paint!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Thank you all! 

It was a very nice, tight game. I loved every second of it. 

As for the gamemat, that we played on, it is one that I bought from Deep Cut Studios. I think the mat was discontinued about a month after I bought it; probably because they called it Adeptus Titanicus or some such probable trademark infringement-thingy. But the mat works great, and just oozes atmosphere!

With regards to the Warlord titan, I was so inspired by the game, that I started painting on it again! I have managed to paint all the trim (and gained 2d6 insanity points while doing so), and have shaded it as well. Next up is a Necron Compound dry brush of the Warlord and all the plates, and that does it for the metals. After that, I can start painting the blue and yellow armour panels

Kindly,

Master Ciaphas

• 4 weeks later...

Hail!

Just a quick question regarding storage and transport of our lovingly constructed and painted titans - how have you gone about it? Which carry cases (and brands) do you consider optimal for transport of titans?

I aim to have something like this in my collection:

2 Warlords

3-4 Reavers

4 Warhounds

9-12 Questoris Knights

4 Cerastus Lancers

2 Acastus Cheese Porphyrions

Cheers in advance!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

I’ve been wondering this too. For now I’ve been transporting my titans in a shoe box with a load of kitchen paper as padding, but that’s clearly no good any more.

I’m looking at getting a Feldehrr backpack with room for my collection. It’ll need to take at least 4 warlords, 5 reavers, 6 warhound and a bunch of knights. Won’t be cheap, but it’ll keep my engines nice and cozy.

• 3 months later...

Hail!

Well - I really need to make a serious update here! Until I find the time to do that, I will post my latest two pledges for Titans of the Heresy II event. This time I have entered in my last to FW sets of scatter terrain - the "Power Generators" and the "Turbine, Crate & Barricades" sets. Lovely, small sets, that will add atmosphere to the table!

1PwbLt7.jpg

Last night I prepped them, and have soaked them in soapy water over night - and this evening I will clean and basecoat/spray them. 

G9cEQnC.jpg

I might before that, make a mold for the smallest power generator and the barricades, so that I can add them as extras for the bases of my larger God-Engines.

Faithfully,
Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Cheers, Reyner. I think it will look awesome as decoration on the bases. 

Now, as for progress on my Warlord - this is as it stands this morning. I finished blocking in the main colours last night, so this weekend will be spent highlightning all the panels. Sigh. 

rnYR3KP.jpg

Faithfully,
Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Thank you! And yes, it will be worth it in the end. Last night I managed to do all the highlights on the blue panels. Tonight they will be given a glaze of Girlyman Blue, and then I will add a few flames on them. Following that, they will be given a coat of gloss varnish, then decals and then a final seal of gloss varnish. 

And then Terribilis Vindicta is all but done!

Finally!

And on another happy note - I got a lovely package Friday evening:

y43z8kD.jpg

Hurrah for new toys. Not that I really needed any more unpainted models...so I got this Saturday from a friend of mine, who had been to Nottingham last weekend to participate in the Weekend Narrrative Event:

0yxqZMD.jpg

A Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan!  I have already named it and ordered the name plates from Versatile Terrain. So, coming to a warzone something in 2020: Occedentalis-Daoloth!

2020 is turning into a great AT18 year. 

Finally, I thought I would do a status of all that I own when it comes to this fantastic game:

Support Titans

Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan Occedentalis-Daoloth (on sprue)

Legio Astorum

Warlord Titan Ultima Ratio (on sprue)

Warlord Titan Terribilis Vindicta (almost painted)

Warbringer-Nemesis Titan Clamor Belli (on sprue)

Reaver Titan Tritus (painted)

Reaver Titan Honorum (assembled, unpainted)
Reaver Titan Lucius Pretorian (on sprue)
Reaver Titan Divine Triumph (on sprue)

Warhound Scout-Titan Avernus Maxima (painted)

Warhound Scout-Titan Pyladii Alpha (painted)

Warhound Scout-Titan War Geld (on sprue)
Warhound Scout-Titan Venator Noctem (on sprue)

Knights of House Tintaroth

3 Questoris Knights (painted)

3 Questoris Knight Gallants (almost painted)

3 Questoris Knights (on sprue)

2 Cerastus Knights Heartbreaker (Lord Scion) (painted)

2 Cerastus Knights (on sprue

2 Acastus Knights Arx Terminus & Bane of Tyrants (almost painted)

So - all in all - I reckon I have enough Titans and support units to see me play most missions and pretty much any possible maniple (though I might need an extra Warbringer-Nemesis in the future...)?

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

...A Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan!  I have already named it and ordered the name plates from Versatile Terrain. So, coming to a warzone something in 2020: Occedentalis-Daoloth!

[snip]

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Thank-you for the reminder, I need to order a name plate for mine as well! :happy.:

Hail!

Thank you! And yes, the Psi-Titan is one I am itching to build and paint. As for the paint scheme, I will be doing a black and dark green as primary and secondary colours. The armour trim will either be dark silver or gold. Probably gold, as I think that will make it more "regal". I might be just red and white as spot colours; especially if I do a knee pad in checker pattern. 

Besides that, I have made progress on my first Warlord; all the blue armour panels are done and awaiting decals. Tonight I hope to be able to finish off the yellow armour plates and tomorrow add the decals and glue the beast together!

I have also made wee progress on my second terrain vow for Titans of the Heresy II:

H6xDhtM.jpg

LjjRE1H.jpg

Everything is now nice, clean and rinsed. Just awaiting a basecoat.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Thank you both!

As for the flames, I have deliberately gone for "less is more" on this one. Once it is has been put together, I will see whether I will up the amount of flames on my second Warlord, Ultima Ratio

I rather fancy trying my hand at painting the same stellar configurations, that you, Mandragola, have done on yours. They look ace!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas