Hail!

Ā 

Now that Terribilis Vindicta is done (or will be, once I repair the damage done to the power claw that I dropped this morning), I last night made som Knightly progress on these Questoris Gallants :-)

Ā 

ydff4tz.jpg

Ā 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Ā 

Just a picture to show the wee progress I have made on my last two boxes of Forge World scatter terrain:

Ā 

iBJjkeF.jpg

Ā 

Hopefully I will be done by tomorrow night, so that I can return to doing my Knight-Gallants and Knight-Porphyrions.Ā 

Ā 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Ā 

My first Warlord God-Engine is now done and complete! Terribilis Vindicta will bring much honour to the Legio!

Ā 

kLdiRrv.jpg

Ā 

Also, I have received a package of awesome name plates from Versatile:

Ā 

G6VUgNy.jpg

Ā 

I had mistyped the name of my Psi-Titan, but Versatile have been really awesome to allow me to correct it and resend one with the proper name. Really top-notch customer service and effort on their part. That is how to get customer goodwill - and I will certainly be getting more name plates from them in the future (unless GW suddenly stop making new Titan-classes)...

Ā 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Ā 

Thanks, everyone!Ā  I am glad that you like the Warlord!

Ā 

This weekend I have managed to finish all my terrain pledges for the Titans of the Heresy event, so with those done, I will continue with the two Knight classes I have pledged.

Ā 

Without further ado - the terrain!

Ā 

Crate, Turbine & Barricades

Zmy1gWw.jpg

Ā 

Power Generators

r4DjOCz.jpg

Ā 

Forge World Scatter Terrain collection

jLZgh1e.jpg

Ā 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

TITANFALL - Battle for Quintus-Veiljensus

Ā 

On 8. March we held - what we believe to be - Denmark's first narrative turney event in Vejle. Three narrative missions with fun and hijnks, in the company of great people and fellow Engine entusiasts...

Ā 

***Ā Ā  ***Ā Ā  ***

Ā 

During the later stages of the battles of the 500 worlds of the Ultramar Sector, the forces loyal to the Emperor were successful in breaking the armies of Horus hold on the sector. With sector-wide victory in sight the loyalist pressed forward on a wide front, hoping to keep momentum, as the traitors were sent reeling. After weeks of retreating from the 500 worlds and core of the imperium, the Warmasters forces made a stop in the small sub-sector of Veiljensus. Veiljensus were a red giant, with eight major planets and moons orbiting the star. A portion of the traitor forces reinforced the sector, while the majority of Horus forces moved towards the next staging area of Beta-Garmon.

Ā 

On the seventh planet of Veiljensus ā€“ Quintus Veiljensus an agri-world of little importance, the warmasters forces made their stand. Spacemarines of the Sons of Horus, Iron Warriors and Word Bearers legions supported by Dark Mechanicum forces prepared for the inevitable loyalist assault. A small contingent of Legios Titanicus took up stations in the outskirts of Librarius Hive ā€“ awaiting the their loyalist counterparts onslaught.

Ā 

Asmoroth ā€“ Princeps of Umbra Dies looked at the read-outs of his Axiom Maniple. Little could be done to better the situation. The approaching enemy was superior in both God-Engines and supported by Knights. Asmoroth had chosen the battlefield and approach-vector, knowing that the enemy too would have chosen his positions and vantage point. Now his Maniple were ready to fight and destroy his enemies. Once the seeds of treachery were sown in the Legio Mortis, they had found fertile ground in the heart of Asmoroth and his fellow Princeps in the Beligvan Demi-Legio.

Ā 

***Ā Ā  ***Ā Ā  ***

Ā 

With a tread shaking the world and cracking the dry ground, Terribilis Vindicta advanced towards the mustering point. Battle Group Vindicta had been delayed coming to the muster at Calth, and thus by good fortunue been spared the massacre at Ithraca, where Legio Suturvora had turned it cloak and decimated the True Messengers.

Ā 

With vengeance burning hotly in their chests, the Princeps of Legio Astorum had eagerly joined the Crusade of Iron ā€“ and yet they had only managed to engage the Warmasterā€™s traitorous curs once, narrowly defeating a Ferrox Maniple of renegade elements from Legio Perrennia.

Ā 

Princeps Seniores Maximillian Byzant had been offered to join the Warmasterā€™s ranks by and old ally from the Academy on Mars - and had responded by annihilating his former friendā€™s God-Engine. Treachery would and could only be answered by indignant wrath and retribution. Alongside him marched the venerable Reaver-class Titan, Tritus, and ranging far ahead the two Warhounds, Avernus Maxima and Pyladii Alpha, were scouting the approaches, vigilant for any signs of betrayal. At his feet marched their esteemed allies of House Tintaroth, providing a screen ready to skirmish with any renegade Knight Houses that might take to the field.

Ā 

The 500 Worlds would be liberated from the Warmasterā€™s cluthes and lackeys. The Imperium Secundus would be preserved!

Ā 

***Ā Ā  ***Ā Ā  ***

Ā 

All is being prepared

KTNWRfY.jpg

Ā 

Kasper's Legio Perennia (Traitors)

1qytOOH.jpg

Ā 

My Legio Astorum (Loyalists)
v1xOJdx.jpg

Ā 

Jonas' Legio Astraman (Loyalists - then Traitors)
3lnkF6g.jpg

Ā 

Daniel's Legio Iudex (Traitors)

VAxhOe7.jpg

Ā 

Mads' Legio Atarus (Splinter Legio / Loyalists)
UrQQogV.jpg

Ā 

Sadly I did not manage to get pictures of the host's Legio Mortis and anothers Legio Defensor during the line up.

Edited by Master Ciaphas

TITANFALL - Battle for Quintus-Veiljensus

Mission One - Chance Encounter

Ā 

As the Loyalists make planetfall on Quintus-Veiljensius, they launched lesser forces probing the strength of the Traitor forces. This led to a series of chance encounters with smaller maniples from multiple Legios taking part in the early stages of the fighting.

Ā 

Forces

Legio Astorum
Tritus (Princeps Seniores), Reaver-class battle titan
- Gatling Blaster
- Melta Cannon
- Apocalypse Missile Launcher
- Personal trait: Reckless Hubris

Ā 

Avernus Maxima, Warhound-class scout titan
- Plasma Blastgun
- Turbo Laser Destructor

Ā 

Pyladii Alpha, Warhound-class scout titan
- Vulcan Mega-Bolter
- Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Ā 

Legio Atarus
Reaver-class battle titan
- Gatling Blaster
- Laser Blaster

Ā 

Warhound-class scout titan
- Vulcan Mega-Bolter
- Plasma Blastgun

Ā 

- Vulcan Mega-Bolter
- Plasma Blastgun

Ā 

Legio Mortis
Umbra Dies, Warlord-class battle titan
- Sunfury Plasma Annihilator
- Macro Gatling Blaster
- Paired Laser Blasters

Ā 

- Warp Missile Support Rack
- Melta-cannon
- Gatling Blaster

Ā 

Ambulator, Warhound-class scout titan

- Plasma Blastgun
- Plasma Blastgun

Ā 

Interlocutor, Warhound-class scout titan
- Turbo Laser Destructor
- Turbo Laser Destructor

Ā 

Questoris Knight support banner
- 3 Questoris Knights

Ā 

The three titan Legios face each other across the field of battle. Two Loyalist Venator Light Maniples against a Legio Mortis Axiom Maniple.
2Jnnewm.jpg

P2kHiYB.jpg

Ā 

The God-Engines advance against each other. The Loyalists refuse their left flank where House Malinax Questoris Knights use the opportunity to advance rapidly. On the right flank, Legio Astorum push their reactors to War March, but manage to keep reactor heat build-up at manageable levels.
TfdeUr1.jpg

Ā 

The Legio Mortis Warhound, Interlocutor suffers from heat build-up, and her Princeps tries to take her into the midst of the Loyalist battle groups, but fails to control the machine spirit.
4aqOq56.jpg

Ā 

The Princeps Seniores of Legio Atarus tries desperately to repair her shields, as her Reaver titan is in poor shape after having faced the unkind attention of Umbra Dies. Eventually she is brought low. In her death throes, she turns and wild fires her guns into Tritus, stripping her shields.

EViSew7.jpg

Ā 

In retaliation, Tritus manages to fell Umbra Dies, claiming an engine kill! Shortly afterwards, Pyladii Alpha drops the shields on Interlocutor, enabling Tritus to opportunity fire, destroying the Warhound as well in a lucky shot.

width=700 height=525https://i.imgur.com/aC6GCDk.jpg[/img]

Ā 

The Mortis Reaver has been backed into a corner, flanked by Avernus Maxima and Pyladii Alpha. The two Warhounds drop the Reaver's shields and manage to damage her a bit. As the shields drop, Tritus uses the opportunity to fire, and damages the Reaver a bit more. Severely damaged, she does not survive the second round of fire.

yPhDkc5.jpg

Ā 

The battle ends with a major victory to the Loyalist invasion force. The Astorum Princeps Seniores in TritusĀ managed to claim an incredible three Engine Kills, felling the Mortis Warlord, Reaver and a Warhound.

Ā 

On the other table, the Traitors of Legios Perennia and Iudex, had managed to gain a major victory against Legio Astraman and Legio Defensor. Following the battle, Legio Astraman turned on the Loyalists, declaring for the Warmaster!

Ā 

Treachery most foul!

Edited by Master Ciaphas

The busted up Reavers with their torsos hanging off separately made me laugh, they look so sad. So who is the Legio Iudex player?Ā  That must be a homemade legio (Google says it means judge in Latin) and I love that black and white scheme.Ā  I've seen similar looks but that gold looks cool.

Yep. They do look sad indeed!

Ā 

The Legio Iudex player is one of the two "founding members" of the Danish AT18 community. His Legio is fantastically painted, and his bases are works of art. He also went to Nottingham, where he participated in the AT event there a short month ago. During this narrative event he played Legio Audax and tried on the new Ursus Claws en masse. It was crazy effective!

TITANFALL ā€“ Battle for Quintus-Veiljensus

Ā 

Mission 2: Assault on the Plasma Core Ridge
Having assessed the strength of the Warmasters forces, the Legios loyal to the Throneworld set their target on several vital Plasma Cores situated along a mountainous ridge. Despite efforts to hide the coordinates of the assault, the Traitors managed to anticipate the attack and respond in kind.

Ā 

Forces

Legio Astorum (Mandatum Maniple)
Ā 

Terribilis Vindicta (Princeps Seniores), Warlord-class battle titan
- Bellicosa Volcano Cannon
- Personal trait: Hero of the Crusade

Ā 

- Plasma Blastgun
- Turbo Laser Destructor

Ā 

- Vulcan Mega-Bolter
- Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Ā 

Legio Astraman (Axiom Maniple)

Ā 

Warlord-class battle titan
- Apocalypse Missile Launchers

Ā 

- Reaver Power Fist
- Laser Blaster

Ā 

- Vulcan Mega-Bolter
- Plasma Blastgun

Ā 

Legio Astorum had rushed from their previous battle against Legio Mortis, and had the initiative. However, only Pyladii Alpha managed to advance as planned, while Terribilis Vindicta and Avernus Maxima both succumbed to the demands of the Machine Spirit, when they tried to War March, leaving both in awkward position.

Ā 

v27MLvR.jpg

Ā 

Legio Astraman, the turn-coat Legio, were also pushing ahead to try to claim the plasma core reactor, and hid behind a building on the right, while their solitary Warhound moved rapidly forward in an attempt to flank Terribilis Vindicta.

Ā 

Being under time pressure, Legio Astorum pushed both Warhounds forward, while Terribils Vindicta risked itself, turning, trying to contend with the flanking Legio Astraman Warhound.

Ā 

zls2a9q.jpg

Ā 

WBGHoXy.jpg

Ā 

Trying to coax more power from the reactor, the Astraman Reaverā€™s Machine Spirit suddenly rebelled against itā€™s Princeps, wanting to get to close quarters with Pyladii Alpha. Luckily for Pyladii, the building in front was too large and broad for the Reaver to cross it, and it was stranded on the far side. Had it been able to cross, the Loyalist Warhound would have faced a difficult problem of a melee armed Reaverā€¦

Ā 

Acting swiftly, Terribilis Vindicta faced the flanking Warhound and let loose itā€™s weapons; itā€™s Missiles stripping all shields, the Bellicosa grave damaging it, and the Sunfury putting the ā€˜hound down for good! Engine Kill!

Ā 

qeEjK19.jpg

Ā 

In the center, Legio Astraman pushed ahead, securing the plasma core reactor. It would require incredible luck for Legio Astorum to claim a victory now, but defeat could still be staved off. To that end, the Warhounds moved forward, to contest Astramanā€™s clam on the reactor core.

Ā 

kaecxDY.jpg

Ā 

Finally, Avernus Maxima also pushed in, to dominate entirely ā€“ but it was still only enough to snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat!

Ā 

VaWeYtb.jpg

Ā 

On the rest of the planet, the Loyalists had both a single victory and a bitter defeat. The campaign very much hung in the balance, as so far, both sides had given as good as they got!

TITANFALL ā€“ Battle for Quintus-Veiljensus

Ā 

Mission 3: All is lost

The widespread battle for control over the vital Plasma Core Ridge had led to several cores being destroyed, leaving the entire chain of Plasma Core reactors in a nefarious circle of overload. Faced with the imminent destruction of the Plasma Cores and possibly the entire planet, the Loyalists were left with no choice but to abandon their conquest and make haste for their waiting dropships. The Traitors, however, were prepared to use any means to prevent the Legios still loyal to the Emperor an easy escape, even if it meant their own destruction.

Ā 

Forces
Legio Astorum (Mandatum Maniple)

Ā 

Terribilis Vindicta (Princeps Seniores), Warlord-class battle titan
- Personal trait: Hero of the Crusade

Ā 

- Plasma Blastgun
- Turbo Laser Destructor

Ā 

- Vulcan Mega-Bolter
- Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Ā 

Legio Mortis (Axiom Maniple)

Ā 

Umbra Dies, Warlord-class battle titan
- Apocalypse Missile Launchers

Ā 

Ambulator, Warhound-class scout titan

- Turbo Laser Destructor
- Turbo Laser Destructor

Ā 

Interlocutor, Warhound-class scout titan
- Vulcan Mega-Bolter
- Plasma Blastgun

Ā 

With the planet destabilizing and about to be destroyed on account of the Traitorā€™s selfish actions, the Loyalist Battle Groups decide to evacuate what forces they can. Legio Astorum, heeding the call to abandon the war effort, hurry toward their waiting drop ships. However, they are blocked by the now regrouped forces of Legio Mortis, who are itching to repay the Loyalists for their earlier defeat.

Ā 

Flanked by Pyladii Alpha and Avernus Maxima, Terribilis Vindicta marches forward.

P3MYHgB.jpg

Ā 

Across the field, the forces of Legio Mortis stands ready to deny them.

VbBtWuP.jpg

Ā 

Knowing that haste is of the essence, Legio Astorum push their reactors to War March. However, Avernus Maximaā€™s reactor builds up heat at an alarming rate, and though she moves far forward, her Void Shield Generator burn out on account of the heat! Terribilis Vindicta fails to march forward, as her Machine Spirit Awakens, and she decides that now is the time to effect self-repairsā€¦

Ā 

Pyladii Alpha also advances on the left flank, but Avernus Maxima is horribly exposed.

SkNn56k.jpg

Ā 

The Traitors also realize this, and in quick order, Avernus Maxima is reduced to a smouldering wreck. On the left flank, Interlocutor tries to outflank Terribilis Vindicta, but is herself flanked by Pyladii Alpha, who manages to drop all her shields.

QPFeoGj.jpg

Ā 

Shortly afterwards, Interlocutor is annihilated by Terribilis Vindicta. The fall of Avernus Maxima has been avenged.

7OxEDoa.jpg

Ā 

Knowing that they can no longer prevent Pyladii Alpha from escaping, the Traitor Engines decide on trying to kill Terribilis Vindicta. After several rounds of desultory fire, where Terribilis Vindicta manage to bring her shields back every time, the Traitorā€™s blood lust overcomes them, and they charge into close quarters with the mighty Astorum Warlord Titan.

D7J0eJe.jpg

Ā 

As the planet starts to break up around them, the three Titan Engines are still bitterly engaged in close combat, neither side having any advantage. Pyladii Alpha manages to escape through the enemy lines and is evacuated with the rest of the Loyalist Legios.

XgW9jpP.jpg

Ā 

The end result was a minor defeat.

Ā 

Overall the Battle for Quintus-Veiljensus was a minor Loyalist defeat. The Traitor forces were badly mauled, but in the end, it was indisputable that the Loyalist cause had the worst of the engagement.

Ā 

Historical note: Following the Battle, Terribilis Vindicta was retrieved from the planetary ruins, her crew still alive and well, but fuming at the humiliation of having to be rescued. Avernus Maxima was also retrieved and refitted, and a new crew given to her, so that she could fight again.

Thanks, Schoon, and you are welcome! Happy to share.

Ā 

Yes, it was a great event with tons of fun! I will look forward to the next one I can participate in! Currently, "we" are looking at organizing a map-based campaign, which ought to see us play a few games over the coming months (pending curfew being lifted :-)

Great reports and photos. It's nice to see an active community enjoying the game.

Ā 

I see you had some issues with warhound heat. It's a common problem when war marching hounds - as I've learned from bitter experience myself. My advice is to remain calm in turn 1 and just keep pace with war-marching warlords, unless you've got a really good reason to take the risk.

Ā 

I actually find that this means Reavers end up being my fastest titans. They can war march reasonably reliably where a warhound is taking a big risk every time it pushes its reactor.

Hail!

Ā 

Cheers, Mandragola! I entirely agree. The last scenario, however, had as it's victory condition that I had to exit the table edge on the otherside at the end of turn 4, if I wanted to score victory points.

Ā 

The Loyalist chart was:

VP for scale left the field

VP for Ā½ scale of destroyed enemies

1 VP for compromised enemies

Ā 

The Traitor VP chart was:

VP for scale of enemies destroyed

VP for Ā½ scale left on the field

1 VP for compromised Loyalists

Ā 

So I felt I had to make rapid progres across the field - and it cost me!

Ā 

Faithfully,
Master Ciaphas

That's a tough mission to achieve and favours the traitors. It's much easier to kill engines than to get them off the field. At the Warhammer World event there was a scenario where my opponent had to get 500 points out of 1500 off the board to get a win. I think only 2 of ~31 traitors managed it and one of those was a knight army that just went full stride twice. I tabled my opponent for the loss of a reaver. He came in a big wedge, which looked intimidating but meant he was very vulnerable to stuff exploding.

Ā 

I might have just played this mission as a straight fight and just tried to beat my opponent on the field. A dead sprint for the end zone doesn't tend to work in AT in my experience as the enemy can do so much damage to you up close. A better approach might be to try and kill something to make a hole and then run for the gap. I haven't tried this kind of scenario as the attacker though.