Gederas' Dark Angels: Paint it Black

Gederas

awesome asmodai!

Thanks! I never intended on actually making a Primaris Asmodai originally, as I didn't want to use the Primaris Chaplain or DA Lieutenant for him. Then I saw those Kromlech bodies and got an idea.

The pose of the kitbash itself is specifically based on this artwork:

AsmodaiAccuses.png

That artwork is also the basis for the paint scheme I'll be doing on Asmodai. Much more muted palette compared to the other Dark Angels (ironic, because they're primarily black, but it'll be obvious what I mean once I finish painting him)

And I like how it sort of mirrors the official model in a way.

Edit: Just because it was at the bottom of the last page, reposting the Primasmodai kitbash here:

oIIqSMZ.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Did a slight paint change on the Chaplain Dreadnought, now he has a Dark Angels green left shoulder. It just adds that extra "oomph" of colour:
z3BRxij.jpg

MYziiGQ.jpg

Additionally, I gave PrimAzrael and his Watcher proper bases:

XAyi69X.jpg

I'm still happy how his face came out:
5IRAnyt.jpg

Finally, something not related to ETL, but, I moved the 500 Store Lieutenant from my Deathwatch to my Dark Angels:
E3U5kwM.jpg

xPvIICP.jpg

YAhKKV6.jpg

Might put him as 3rd or 4th Company.....

That reminds me why ive been putting off painting my apothecaries... especially when you "spill" on to the white, it doesn't clean easily. Might go your route and paint a custom scheme. I was thinking exactly what you did! Gonna need to steal it

That reminds me why ive been putting off painting my apothecaries... especially when you "spill" on to the white, it doesn't clean easily. Might go your route and paint a custom scheme. I was thinking exactly what you did! Gonna need to steal it

I did it smart: I painted all the black first, barring some highlights, then I did all the white.

And steal away, I got the idea for that scheme from a picture I saw of a Rogue Trader-era book showing colour schemes :lol:

So, I tried the new Wraithbone base paint as a possible Deathwing bone colour.And I have to say this: Oh my word is this is SO MUCH better than Zandri Dust as a base colour when following the same steps (Base > Seraphim Sepia > Ushabti Bone > Screaming Skull).

My only complaint about it is the Wraithbone base paint is VERY thin and light for a base colour, which means it takes several layers to build up. This Deredeo head took three over a GREY primer.

7PDyVBJ.jpg

I'm definitely going to enjoy this paint.

Edited by Gederas

Status of the Deredeo as of 12:30 AM last night when I put my brushes down, only the Missile Launcher needs painting, then it's just the final highlights on the black and red areas:
SkD3ijs.jpg

EDIT: And additionally, my Land Speeder Javelin for building Sableclaw came in today. Aaaaaaaand I managed to crack the front of it when I was getting it off the gate :wallbash: Nothing I can't fix with some milliput, but still. Annoying

Edited by Gederas

Lovely stuff. One thing I'll never understand about deredeos is that the plasma gum has 5 shots from 2 barrels... how!? Does one take 3 shots and the other 2?

It's even more confusing when you look at the Plasma Cannonade. It's two guns, but FOUR barrels :lol:

In any case, Deredeo is now finished:

HVuJkN6.jpg

cbhR0mT.jpg

vkOd3P3.jpg

ZeuNSH8.jpg

I didn't glue the missile launcher, nor did I magnetize it. It's actually attached to a piece of brass rod that allows it to swivel freely:

3I5UrDO.jpg

Those deredeo's are crazy ass minis. Very tempted to pick one up.

In the words of Sheev Palpatine:

giphy.gif

Loving the Dread. The helmet adds a nice focal point.

Thanks! And I thought the bone head would make a nice eye-catching area to the model. Kind of like a bare head on a Marine.

In other news, because it's been too hot to paint the last few days, I've been doing some work on prepping parts of my next vow:

zaW0umP.jpg

5GS6grU.jpg

2NZ3Omq.jpg

Eyup. Sammael on Sableclaw.

I decided to see how the Stormcast Eternal bare heads from Forge World worked on Marines. They fit Marine necks PERFECTLY, for the most part. The head used here needed greenstuff in the neck hole due to the beard being as long as the bottom of his neck, so it didn't sit right in the neck joint.

I realized that head was perfect for a biker character, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and put it on Sableclaw's gunner. Looking at it now though, I think these heads might fit Primaris a bit better. But the scale isn't too off to work on regular Marines.

Edited by Gederas

Status Update:

My Ravenwing Upgrade sprue came in last night, so Sableclaw is all set aside from the Milliput needed to fix the gaps and holes. Additionally, one of the people at my local GW had a singular Custodes Dawneagle Jetbike, so I'm in the process of kitbashing that to make the "Primaris Sammael" conversion I wasn't planning on doing, but now can do :lol:

I'll be getting more paint on the rest of my second vow this weekend, likely starting tomorrow. Sunday I'll be at my GW to (HOPEFULLY) get more painting in an area that's not roasting :lol:

Excellent Gederas I look forward to seeing you complete this :smile.:

Well, I'll need to order the finecast Sammael to fully finish it, but I can already visualize the finished piece.

The best part is Sammael's torso is actually pretty well sized for a Primaris torso because of.... Some reason :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Ni e work Gederas... Whats your next vow?

I need to finish the last 6 models (one of which is an already built Land Raider, ugh), but my plan for the next vow is this:

- That Primaris Lieutenant

- 5 Cataphractii Terminators (dual Lightning Claws & Grenade Harness on Sergeant)

- 5 Cataphractii Terminators (Lightning Claws/Combi-Bolters & Grenade Harness on Sergeant)

- 5 Deathwing Knights

- the Primaris Asmodai up top

(possibly) - 3 Suppressors

I'm ordering the Finecast Sammael today at my local GW so I can get around to finishing the Primaris'd Sammael I've posted half of, and he'll (along with the Sableclaw-mounted version of himself and my Biker/Ravenwing Characters) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Primaris'd Sammael:

sWlY5Tg.jpg

8bNifsd.jpg

DiDGpPq.jpg

EGnB16A.jpg

I wanted to use both of Sammael's shoulders, but sadly, I accidentally blew out the center of the right one when using the dremel to carve out the solid resin to allow it to sit on the Primaris marine arm.

Just need to do some gap filling on the Plasma Cannon's connection point, but otherwise.... He's done.