Gederas' Dark Angels: Paint it Black

Gederas

Just found this thread and your amazing army, really nice conversions combined with a unique take on the Dark Angels color scheme combine to make this a really inspiring read. I am really impressed by your takes on the primaris versions of classic special characters combined with your take on my favorite single line character in the Dark Angels in Helblaster sergeant Grellius. All in all really great stuff so keep on rocking in the Rock :wink:

Thanks!

Speaking of conversions, I've started painting Sableclaw today:

CuvbJMZ.jpg

I'm already dreading painting this brick.... :laugh.:

Mhmmm. your project looks kind of known to me. mhmm. maybe something like mine?

talonm10.jpg

keep up the good job!

Heh, thanks!

I've gotten Sammael and his co-pilot (hereby named Rhamiel) nearly done:
NOtp2BN.jpg

Just have to do some highlighting on some areas, as well as finish the book and assault cannon sponsons. The twin heavy bolter is off-picture currently drying from a wash.

I typically imagine dark angels as having shaved/buzzed heads, but long hair seems to fit the more daring look of the RW

I mean, have you seen the Lion? Only Sanguinius has more fabulous hair than he ;) :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

They look awesome! Altho rhamiel is kinda stealing a bit a Sammy's thunder with the windswept thing good thing it's blowing in the right direction!

Are you going to add any chapter/ company symbols? My only critique would be that the front looks a bit bare in comparison to everything else going on, a while emblem over the black could do the trick?

It’s a long haired Ron Perlman starring as a Ravenwing Gunner!

Nice job Gederas, particularly like the red accents

:lol:

Thanks!

They look awesome! Altho rhamiel is kinda stealing a bit a Sammy's thunder with the windswept thing good thing it's blowing in the right direction!

Are you going to add any chapter/ company symbols? My only critique would be that the front looks a bit bare in comparison to everything else going on, a while emblem over the black could do the trick?

Thanks! And yeah, sadly Rhamiel sticks out a bit more than Sammael, but that's because I kept with Sammael's official colour-scheme for his hair.

And I am going to add transfers, I just need to fully finish the model, then hope for a better day to varnish. I'm planning on two Ravenwing symbols on the red sections on the front, and a Dark Angels symbol below the book, towards the front of the speeder.

Looking sharp Brother

Thank you.

Dark Talon color scheme is tasty. Love the red glass!

Appreciate it! And yeah, the red glass is because.... I didn't feel like painting the cockpit :laugh.:

Nephilim is ready for priming, and hey. Today is a decent day for it despite the fact that IT WAS SNOWING HERE YESTERDAY! :laugh.:

H8wlwvY.jpg

Also, I managed to score a sweet deal on Betrayal at Calth and Burning of Prospero. So expect to see those lads cropping up once the boxes arrive.

Edited by Gederas

That's great! Reinforcement is a great thing. The pics are great and I agree with the red glass, has a nice look.

Snow huh? It's 95 degrees down here.

They really are. Also, with the parts I've gotten from that, I've now gotten 5 Missile Launchers.... Missile Launcher Heavy Support Squad is on the way :laugh.:

Yeah, it was snowing here. Middle of April and snowing. All week before Saturday? Mid 50s and low 60s. Saturday, suddenly snow. And now it's back to the 50s. Gotta love New England weather.... :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have some good news for my Dark Angels.

A friend of mine comissioned me to paint two of his Primaris vehicles (A Repulsor Executioner and Impulsor) and he's paying me with models. For the Executioner he's getting me a Corvus Blackstar, which I'll turn into a Stormraven for my Dark Angels. For the Impulsor though... He's ordered me a model off eBay that I've wanted for ages. A very rare Dark Angels model

Yes, he ordered me an unpainted, unassembled one of these:
DSCF8036.JPG

:biggrin.:

Edited by Gederas

A friend of mine comissioned me to paint two of his Primaris vehicles (A Repulsor Executioner and Impulsor) and he's paying me with models. For the Executioner he's getting me a Corvus Blackstar, which I'll turn into a Stormraven for my Dark Angels. For the Impulsor though... He's ordered me a model off eBay that I've wanted for ages. A very rare Dark Angels model

DSCF8036.JPG

Holy mackerel, how did you score such a sweet deal.. Is that Azrael or Belial (I suspect that's Azrael though), Looking forward to seeing him painted!

Holy mackerel, how did you score such a sweet deal.. Is that Azrael or Belial (I suspect that's Azrael though), Looking forward to seeing him painted!

Have a look here - he was the company master included in this box. Him and the librarian in there were almost enough to make up for those awful scout models!

Edited by pawl

My brother got really lucky on a cheap eBay auction for one of goes last night, and reminded me that I still have one from the DA army box years ago

Yeah. I've always wanted this model. It showed up on Friday, and I've been cleaning it up (the tab was clipped off, but not fully so I had to file it down so he'll fit on a base).

By searching on eBay :lol: And nah, he's just a regular (albeit incredibly rare) Master.

In other news, more cataphractii done:

P4HapUu.jpg

This guys are for the Claw/Combi-Bolter squad to round it out to 10.

I have decided on the bases for my Cataphractii. Decided for a mix of Sector Imperialis and Sector Mechanicus bases, to look like building interiors:

xe4G60s.jpg

And the other 10 Cataphractii, with the ranged squad fully together:

32vE8Ae.jpg

RdvQnQs.jpg

XzpbKMx.jpg

Edited by Gederas