Gederas' Dark Angels: Paint it Black

Gederas

oh my! I like them, I like them a lot ! 

Thanks!

They look awesome, well done Brother.

Thank you.

So, now that those are done, I think I'm going to do some work on the six Ravenwing Black Knights I started and then stopped.

Sadly, the humidity we've been having over here has made priming models a bit.... difficult

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the Corvus Blackstar to Stormraven conversion today, as it finally showed up.

The what to what!?!!?! Call me intrigued Brother Gederas!

My guess is Nephilim Jetfighter or Dark Talon.

Started on the Corvus Blackstar to Stormraven conversion today, as it finally showed up.

The what to what!?!!?! Call me intrigued Brother Gederas!
I second this. What's the plan?

Uhhh.... Fraters, did you not read? I said exactly what I'm planning on doing :laugh.:

Removing the Deathwatch iconography sucks by the way :laugh.:

I'm taking the Deathwatch Corvus Blackstar model, removing the Deathwatch Iconography (the doors suck to do by the way), and going to run it as a Stormraven for my Dark Angels.

Or if you need pictures: This:

99120109002_CorvusBlackstar01.jpg

Being modified to this one's weapon loadouts:

99120101088_StormravenNEW_01.jpg

Reasons being:

1. The Stormraven and Blackstar have nearly the same "base stats" of M/S/T/W/T/Sv
  2. They both have a similar size (Stormraven is ever so slightly longer and a bit taller)
  3. The Stormraven sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the Nephilim and Dark Talon, the Blackstar looks aesthetically similar to them

My plan is to finish fixing the doors, then making casts of them so I DON'T have to do that again in the future if I get any more to make Stormravens, because it takes far too long to do each time:lol:

I'll be mounting the Twin Multi-Melta on the "chin gun" area of the Blackstar, with the Turret weapons of the Stormraven (Twin Assault Cannons/Twin Lascannons/Twin Plasma Cannons) are being mounted to the "hollow" area in the bottom of the fuselage (the square area above the flight stand connector point)

99120109002_CorvusBlackstar09.jpg
Edited by Gederas

"Uhhh.... Fraters, did you not read? I said exactly what I'm planning on doing"

One thing saying it... ...I didn't realise it was an oath of the moment Brother!

(Also now trying to figure out how it's going to come together!!!!)

"Uhhh.... Fraters, did you not read? I said exactly what I'm planning on doing"

One thing saying it... ...I didn't realise it was an oath of the moment Brother!

(Also now trying to figure out how it's going to come together!!!!)

Oath of moment? It's already nearly finished! :lol:

Gederas, I can't say that I won't be stealing this idea because I will. What an awesome idea!

Steal away! The hardest part will be the doors of the Blackstar, as they have raised and recessed Deathwatch iconography. I have finished fixing them though.

You can also see where I figured out to attach the "turret weapons" of the Stormraven in this picture as well:

FBLcUbJ.jpg

Also got the upper fuselage ready, just need to sand it down to smooth it out (you can also see the Hurricane Bolters here too):

PklgkBU.jpg

Might stick some more of the Dark Angels icons I have from the several Ravenwing upgrade sprues I have onto the model :lol:

I had no idea there was that much 'volume' under the Blackstar!

Marvellous vision and execution, especially the weapons placements Brother!!

Perhaps some further sword icons on the wings so that the enemies of the 1st Legion get the point!

9th ed rules are looking to be give fliers a new lease of life (aka after turn 2) so popping a squad of dwk and a librarian along with a non-redemptor sized Dread as a murder bomb sounds fun!!

Looking forward to the next stage Gederas!

Edited by Fierce Bear

Looks awesome! Would sculpted Rhino/Land Raider doors have fit there? 

Canny wait to see this finished!

I've answered this in my main Forge WIP thread, but sadly, no:

Would the dark angels specific doors work with this model?

The Rhino or Land Raider doors? Sadly, no.

I'd have to carve out the doors that are already attached to the troop bay of the Blackstar, and then I'd have to modify either of those doors, as they're not the right size.

It'd be more trouble than it's worth. Plus, I'd rather not chance accidentally damaging the troop pay door holder trying to cut it out.

I had no idea there was that much 'volume' under the Blackstar!

Marvellous vision and execution, especially the weapons placements Brother!!

Perhaps some further sword icons on the wings so that the enemies of the 1st Legion get the point!

9th ed rules are looking to be give fliers a new lease of life (aka after turn 2) so popping a squad of dwk and a librarian along with a non-redemptor sized Dread as a murder bomb sounds fun!!

Looking forward to the next stage Gederas!

Yeah, the Blackstar actually has a lot of area beneath it, though not a lot of "space" if that makes sense. It took me a good hour looking over it, using poster tac to see where I could stick the Turret Guns of the Stormraven to get it WYSIWYG and then I saw the strange divot in the center of the Blackstar. I took the Twin Assault Cannon I made for a Talonmaster, and lo and behold, it fit in snugly without any issues. I just need to make a proper mounting point for it.

And I think any more icons on the model will have to wait for when it's painted, as I'm running out of iconography :lol:

As of right now though, the conversion is mostly done. I just need to wait to order some mold-making silicone and resin to make copies of the Multi-Melta so I can have more of the chin guns for if/when I decide to do this again in the future, and likely the doors as well :lol:

Also, today was an amazing hobby milestone for me.

I got all my painted Dark Angels onto a table to take a picture:
lAbKgE5.jpg

That's just shy of 4000 points in that picture (3960 to be specific)

For those wondering, in the picture is:

HQ

1. Asmodai
  2. Azrael
  3. Ezekiel
  4. Sammael in Sableclaw
  5. Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator Armour (Stormbolter)
  6. Librarian in Terminator Armour (Force Staff, Stormbolter)
  7. Primaris Master (Power fist + plasma Pistol)
  8. Primaris Lieutenant (Plasma Pistol + Power Sword)
  9. Primaris Lieutenant (MC Stalker)
  10. Primaris Lieutenant (MC Auto)
  11. Primaris Lieutenant (MC Auto)
  12. Librarian (Force Sword)
  13. Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (2 xCCW+Heavy Flamers) [pictured] (has option for a Dreadnought Inferno Cannon)
  14. Techmarine

Battleline

1. Intercessor Squad x10 (2 Aux Grenade Launchers)
  2. Intercessor Squad x10 (2 Aux Grenade Launchers)
  3. Tactical Squad x10 (Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon)

Elites

1. Apothecary
  2. Apothecary
  3. Apothecary
  4. Deathwing Ancient
  5. Deathwing Apothecary
  6. Deathwing Champion
  7. Deathwing Cataphractii Squad x5 (Lightning Claws x2, Grenade Harness)
  8. Deathwing Cataphractii Squad x10 (8 Lightning Claw, 2 Chainfist, 9 Combi-Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Grenade Harness)
  9. Relic Deredeo Dreadnought (Aiolos, Plasma, Twin Heavy Bolter)

Fast Attack

1. Suppressor Squad

Heavy Support

1. Hellblasters x10 (Plasma Incinerator)
  2. Land Raider Crusader (2x Hurricane Bolter, Twin Assault Cannon, Multi-Melta)

Flyer

1. Dark Talon (2x Hurricane Bolter, Rift Cannon)

Edited by Gederas

Fantastic work!

Thanks!

Nice army. Do you play on that table?

Thank you! And no, I don't. That's my dining room table (that gets used for intended purpose once every six months or so) which my mother uses as storage for her stuff mostly :lol: I do games at my FLGS or local GW. Well, I did when I was able to do games at the GW :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I’m not sure if you’ve already answered this, I couldn’t see anything on a quick look through but do you know where you got the bone bits from on the legs of your Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought. I’ve been looking to do something similar when I kitbash my own. Also awesome work on your army. Edited by jordster100

I’m not sure if you’ve already answered this, I couldn’t see anything on a quick look through but do you know where you got the bone bits from on the legs of your Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought. I’ve been looking to do something similar when I kitbash my own. Also awesome work on your army.

Thanks!

And the bones are from the Crypt Ghouls kit, I sliced them off the bones that they have shoved through their arms. (only now realized I never stated where those came from in this thread, but in the ETL thread from last year.... whoops :lol:)