Intercessors redundant already?

Not even redundant, really - Infiltrators seem to fill a Troop slot, they can use Concealed Positions, they can pop smoke and they have their own pet Apothecary.

Intercessors have 30" AP -1 Bolters.

It seems that Infiltrators are plain better.

I felt that Intercessors were a solid alternative to Scouts or the better choice even for some playstyles.

Now Infiltrators can do the best of both worlds.

Have those that had replaced the Tac Squads now been replaced themselves?

Intercessors have better guns, grenade launchers and access to decent melee weapons. They're probably going to be cheaper too. So no, I think they have their place still.

All of this. They're consistent and will probably be cheaper in pts to boot.

Dunno, I for one have to see the points for Infiltrators first but so far I prefer Intercessors over Infiltrators or a mix of both. Infiltrators are clearly INFERIOR as soon as your opponent has melee units as you don't want to deploy them within charge range just like that and the Sergeant doesn't have access to power weapons either. Also the Bolter Discipline beta rule makes Intercessors double tap at 30" range which makes them superior at shooting as well without even considering their Auxilliary Grenade Launcher yet.

Infiltration is great but it's not the be all end all, the anti deep strike bubble is overvalued imo as the default bubble is already huge and it seems the pet apothecary requires them to be a unit of 10 which makes them less flexible.

Not passing judgement until the next codex. For all we know Intercessors will get even cheaper.

It's clear this is just the iceberg of wave 2 and the next book. There are now 8 unique units not included in the codex so it's time for a new one.

Agreed. I’m looking at developing a 2-1 ratio of Infiltrators to intercessors because ... Corax ;)

On the other hand when (not if) a light Primaris transport comes out that could easily flip 1-2 ... all of which depends on point cost and hope for a gravis-jump melee unit and Captain at some point also.

Not passing judgement until the next codex. For all we know Intercessors will get even cheaper.

It's clear this is just the iceberg of wave 2 and the next book. There are now 8 unique units not included in the codex so it's time for a new one.

When the OldMarines get phased out?

Oh, I went there.

:P

Seriously though, I agree.  Intercessors will still have their place in Primaris lists for sure.

[sarcasm] Looking at the rules for infiltrators, GW is clearly intending to phase out intercessors before old marines. [/sarcasm]

On a more serious note, we won't be able to know until we get to see the point costs.

Unless Infiltrators are very very cheap, they will find it very difficult to make it into lists outside Primaris themes and certainly not competitively.

It's funny as folk criticise Tactical Marines for having weak weapons and the Infiltrators have the same bar the odd negligible auto wounding hit, yet not specials or heavies or combi weapons.

Scouts are cheaper. They are the screen and dropping down within 12" isn't such an issue anyway when Scouts are cheap to die anyway.

It's just more points on a screen.

Intercessor squads will still be better.

Unless Infiltrators are very very cheap, they will find it very difficult to make it into lists outside Primaris themes and certainly not competitively.

It's funny as folk criticise Tactical Marines for having weak weapons and the Infiltrators have the same bar the odd negligible auto wounding hit, yet not specials or heavies or combi weapons.

Scouts are cheaper. They are the screen and dropping down within 12" isn't such an issue anyway when Scouts are cheap to die anyway.

It's just more points on a screen.

Intercessor squads will still be better.

Assuming PL>pts conversions are about the same for Infiltrators as they are for Intercessors, Infiltrators will replace Scouts in a competitive setting.  Flat out stopping DS charges is HUGE.

The increased cost is a bargain for all the improvements they have over Scouts.

Before all the deep strike nerfs, yes, the 12' bubble would have been amazing. As it is, still good, still helpful- but I wasn't losing or being seriously threatened by turn 2 deep strike charges before the Infiltrators anyway.

I have serious doubts about Infiltrators being cheaper than Intercessors, as the combination of infiltration and deep strike denial is unique enough to be expensive.

That being said, they are much more appealing to me than Intercessors have been so far, so I'm planning to trial two squads of six (five plus helix adept). The question will be whether the deep strike denial will be worth the difference in points cost rather than running more Scout squads.

I have serious doubts about Infiltrators being cheaper than Intercessors, as the combination of infiltration and deep strike denial is unique enough to be expensive.

That being said, they are much more appealing to me than Intercessors have been so far, so I'm planning to trial two squads of six (five plus helix adept). The question will be whether the deep strike denial will be worth the difference in points cost rather than running more Scout squads.

Pretty sure the adept is only an option in squads of 10.

Intercessors have better guns, grenade launchers and access to decent melee weapons. They're probably going to be cheaper too. So no, I think they have their place still.

Veteran Intercessors can also put out a surprisingly effective hail of shot at 30" with the bolter beta rule for horde clearance. I'm not in a hurry to sell my Intercessors but I can see a use for a couple of units of Infiltrators in a game with GSC in it (not to mention Assassins). Why not take a brigade and have both?

Without the Adept the max squad size of Infiltrators is 9 since the Adept is a separate option and not an upgrade to an existing Infiltrator. So you can have 5 man plus an adept or 9 man plus an adept.

Eh, I think intercessors look cooler (though the new vanguard seem to have less pirate boot look to them than reivers).

Still think a 30k legion force using Primaris as a basis would be very pretty. (Thinking World Eaters)

I'm guessing they probably won't be updating Killteam anytime soon? I've had fun making a space marine (loyalists) roster with 20 guys with all the options.

Pretty sure the adept is only an option in squads of 10.

Actually it only states that the squad can take up to 4 additional infilitrators and 1 helix adept. It does not list getting the 4 additional infiltrators as pre-requirement to unlock the adept.

This. "It can include up to 4 additional Infiltrators and an Infiltrator Helix Adept."

I will thus include 0 additional Infiltrators and an Infiltrator Helix Adept.

Archived