=][= E Tenebrae Lux VII =][=

gallery_48988_15465_772766.png

+++ETL VII - WEEK 7 UPDATE+++

Week 7 was more productive than Week 6 – which is a pleasant surprise. Usually this is the low point of activity but in this ETL it seems than the output is more consistent week over week. With 18.6k pts competed in the Week and, more interestingly, 19.8k of more pts pledged, this is a very, very interesting week indeed!

Other interesting things: All the Factions, except the Astartes, are very close in terms of completed points. Indeed, Chaos and IFOR have only a difference of with the IFOR and the AoD having ONLY 107pts difference while the AoD are leading with 14.6k pts and the Xenos following with 10.7k pts. Even more interestingly, in terms of SCR, the Xenos lead as their completed points represent a much higher portion of their pledged points (44% is the highest completion rate on the Faction level) with 4.7k pts…

Let’s see Week 7 results in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 7
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 151 204 126,001 61832,375 25.7% 8,319 Space Marines 537244,232 614 12,227 27.6% 3,380 Blood Angels 37 4834,129 711 8,153 23.9% 1,948 Dark Angels 37 56 25,293 452 8,594 34.0% 2,920 Space Wolves 24 28 22,347 798 3,401 15.2% 518 IFOR 59 85 45,022 530 13,223 29.4% 3,884 Adepta Sororitas 6 11 3,791 345 1,302 34.3% 447 AdMech 11 15 10,982 732 2,74525.0% 686Astra Militarum 22 29 17,656 609 4,720 26.7% 1,262 Imperial Agents 6 11 6,302 573 2,982 47.3% 1,411 Grey Knights 5 6 2,634 439 238 9.0% 22 Deathwatch 9 13 3,657 281 1,236 33.8% 418 Realm of Chaos 76 100 57,693 577 13,116 22,7% 2,982 Chaos Space Marines 71 93 52,206561 12,245 23.5% 2,872 Chaos Daemons 3 5 4,294 859 871 20.3% 177 LatD 2 2 1,193 597 0 0.0% 0 Xenos 31 48 24,398 508 10,743 44.0% 4,730 Aeldari 4 6 3,370 562 121 3.6% 4 Necrons 8 9 4,725 525 2,423 51.3% 1,243 Orks 5 10 3,100 310 2,088 67.4% 1,406 T’au Empire 6 9 7,440 827 3,392 45.6% 1,546 Tyranids 8 14 5,763 412 2,719 47.2% 1,283 AoD 27 37 54,801 1,481 14,587 26.6% 3,883 AoD-L 14 19 28,066 1,477 8,607 30.7% 2,640 AoD-T 13 18 26,735 1,485 5,980 22.4% 1,338 Total ETL VII 344 474 307,915 650 84,044 27.3% 22,939

FACTIONS

FACTION: ADEPTUS ASTARTES

With their huge resources, the Astartes continue to lead the Faction race with a SCR of 8.3k pts. But it’s not only their superior resources that drive the SCR, their completion rate of 26% is at par with the other Factions too… Furthermore, their re-vowing rate of 35% denotes a healthy activity level, slightly above Chaos (which had a fantastic week btw) and slightly below the AoD. If the SWs get up to speed, then this score will undoubtedly explode. The Astartes is the undisputed leading Faction at this point of the event!

FACTION: IFOR

What a splendid Week for the IFOR! Their completed points almost doubled, and their SCR exploded to 3.9k pts from just 1.6k last Week. The main driver here was the Guard and the Agents (more on those later) but the end result is that the IFOR is 1pt (yes just 1 pt) above the AoD – and if you follow the craziness that goes on down there, this is a very impressive development! If only the GKs and the DW pick up momentum, well then it will be a very interesting battle indeed. The re-vowing rate at 44% is among the strongest currently (but not the strongest) so that gives hope for the future. If they can somehow add 10k to their pledged points then they’ll be totally at par with the AoD and Chaos in terms of resources and then it’ll be a matter of completion rates. Right now with a completion rate of 29%, it seems they’re using up their resources at a higher rate than the Astartes, Chaos, and AoD – and that is reflected in their SCR!

FACTION: REALM OF CHAOS

It seems things are happening in the Eye this past week! Completions up 76% week on week, completion rate up 61%, SCR up 185%! Furthermore, the re-vowing rate at 32% also shows some intensified activity. However, despite this explosion of activity though, their SCR is still below the IFOR and the AoD and that means there is a lot of distance still to be covered. The main drive, as expected, came from the CSMs Outpost so we need to keep in mind that every little helps and the Daemons and the LatD have a significant part to play on this front.

FACTION: XENOS

The Xenos are indeed an example to be followed. Sure, their resources are lagging compared to the rest but boy do they work on them! With a completion rate of 44% - the highest in the ETL at this point, they have the second highest SCR after the Astartes! If only the Aeldari were to catch up this would make for an even stronger performance! Funnily enough, the other 4 Forums have SCRs that are very close together, making the Xenos in-fighting the interesting Faction to watch! Re-vowing rate at 55% is the highest in the ETL at this stage. Keep the output coming guys – this is stellar performance indeed!

FACTION: AoD

A slow week for the AoD with their SCR actually going down due to some serious re-vowing and a lack of completions. But now their pledged points are very close to that of Chaos and completion rate is the name of the game. With an average vow of 1.5k it means that there is a lot of burden on the AoD individual participants but if there is one group of crazies that can pull it off, it’s the AoD crowd. If we see some serious completions and re-vowing in Week 8 this could prove decisive. I guess the AoD-T must catch up somewhat – if that happens not only the AoD will become very strong vs. Chaos, the AoD in-fighting will also become a way more interesting affair!

FORUMS

FORUM: SPACE MARINES

The SMs are on their way to ETL VII dominance! They have the resources but more importantly, they have the drive! Completion rate of 28% and a re-vowing rate of 36% result in a SCR of 3.4k – the highest by far at this stage! The only problem is that if CSMs start to rev-up they’ll be in for a huge fight… CSMs have more resources and a history of high completion rates – unlike the SMs where completion rates were always their weak point. So, this is the moment of big decisions: will the SMs keep the pace this time around? Will they, against their historic tendencies achieve high completion rates? We’re talking to the territory of the 80s here… Or will they run out of steam and allow CSMs to take the lead? We shall see. However, at this point, halfway there, they seem to be in a good place!

FORUM: BLOOD ANGELS

The BAs seem to have been left behind on the completions front. Completion rate of 24% is 10pps behind the DAs and even behind the SMs (who have materially more resources anyway). Sure, they have a re-vowing rate of 30% - but that was impressive last week. This week, the SMs have 36% and the DAs have, get this, 50%! On the positive side, they do have resources as yet untapped, so the promise is still there. What they really need is to have a break-away week that will boost them to position more in line with what the size of their pledged points suggests. Will Week 8 be that crucial week? Just keep in mind that we’re past the mid-point of the event. Their relatively high average vow explains this to some extent, but let’s face it, thy could be doing much better at this point.

FORUM: DARK ANGELS

The DAs have all the metrics work for them. All except the pretty low average vow that is. They have a completion rate of 34% (quite strong for a Forum with such following), a re-vowing rate of 50% (among the strongest in the ETL at this stage) and a SCR of 2.9k – the second highest in the ETL after the SMs… But the low average vow mean that they have moved fast through their resources to achieve this result. There is no question that a (very) high completion is a must, but it would improve their outlook immensely if we see a few point-heavy vows coming their way… Other than that, just keep the pace – nothing is better than a high completion rate, especially this time around that many Forums seem hyper motivated…

FORUM: SPACE WOLVES

The SWs did have some progress but there is still room to improve. True, traditionally the SWs kick-in late in the event, but this year it is crucial to get as high a completion rate as early as possible. And re-vow, preferably at high point values. Right now, the completion rate of just 15% is really low and limits the re-vowing potential of the Forum. But, on the positive side they almost doubled it vs. last week – so if this momentum is maintained they may catch up the BAs by the end of Week 8… But we really need some solid completions to happen and some serious re-vowing…

FORUM: ADEPTA SORORITAS

After an amazing Week 6, Week 7 was a bit of a cooling-off period. I sure hope to see a busy Week 8 and some serious completions reported because for a forum of limited resources, a 34% completion rate is not as impressive as in the more populous ones. The re-vowing rate of 83% is impressive – only surpassed by the amazing 100% of the Orks – so there is no question on commitment – just on the rate of output. Week 8 is going to be crucial!

FORUM: ADEPTUS MECHANICUS

Some progress in the AdMech this week but more should happen and soon… The completion rate of just 25% is on the low side – it’s even below the ETL average. It did increase of course since last week by some 8pps but this is still not that high. There is something though that we need to keep in mind and that’s the Titan that affects all their metrics disproportionally. If it gets completed it will propel their completion rate to the 80s and if not, their ceiling will be at 50% or thereabouts. So yeah, this is an AdMech-specific issue that will affect them throughout the event. Again, no pressure Kilofax…

FORUM: ASTRA MILITARUM

They went ballistic this week! Their completion rate was propelled to 27% from just 13% the previous week and their SCR jumped to 1.3k while their re-vowing rate has reached an OK 32%. But despite their amazing week, they managed to reach ETL average levels and they are not even leading the IFOR in terms of SCR – this honour belongs to the Agents. We really need to see a wave of completions, especially of the smaller-sized vows and some serious re-vowing in order to retain the Week 7 momentum. The Guard can do it, they always did in the past.

FORUM: IMPERIAL AGENTS

The Agents lead the IFOR and this is an important feat especially considering their limited resources. As is often the case, it all boils down to completion rates and the Agents have a very respectable 47% - among the highest in the game. Furthermore, their re-vowing rate stands at a magic 83% at par with the Sisters and second only to the Orks (with their amazing 100%). Now this is commitment! And I see a lot of ongoing progress too, which makes me hopeful for Week 8! Keep going guys – let’s see the Agents positively surprise us this year!

FORUM: GREY KNIGHTS

Again, nothing form the GKs this week – I sure hope to see some serious progress in Week 8. There are only 4 vows that need to be finished in order to get 100% completion rate among first vows and none of them is above 800pts. I think we will reach a point that we’re going to have a storm of completions and the GKs will redeem themselves. Just as a reference, the Daemons with just two participants, are way ahead… You will have to answer to the Emperor if you allow them to win!

FORUM: DEATHWATCH

Well, despite a good performance in Week 6, in Week 7 Deathwatch sort of relaxed a bit. There were no completions or new vows reported but maybe they can afford it. Even with no recorded progress in a week their completion rate is still markedly above the ETL average but if they let Week 8 go by without any progress then they’ll be in trouble. I put a lot of faith in the second vows – if they come through in Week 8 we’ll be seeing a very different picture. I also hope to see some first vows – especially the smaller ones to be completed and then re-vowed. These are quick wins guys…

FORUM: CHAOS SPACE MARINES

Here we’ve seen an interesting week. CSMs score jumped by 215% on the back of some rapid completions. Indeed, the completion rate jumped to 23.5% vs. just 14% the previous week and had a profound effect on their overall performance. BUT. The completion rate of 23.5% is still nothing to write home about, it’s below the ETL average and certainly below that of their main rivals. Their enormous resources partially compensate for that but unless they speed up their completions further, they’ll allow their rivals to get a safe distance – especially as some serious re-vowing is taking place. True CSMs also play the re-vowing game but again, the 31% re-vowing rate, although doubled over the last week, is below the SMs and the AoD-L of 36%. So, in short, we need another week like Week 7 to get firmly on the lead!

FORUMS: CHAOS DAEMONS & LatD

Both of these Forums had no reported progress this week – however in both cases there is significant WIP activity and I expect to have a step-up in their performance either in Week 8 or in Week 9. But, having said that, be aware guys that we are past the mid-point of the event – so make sure to keep that in mind!

FORUMS: XENOS

Well, we had another vow for the Aeldarithis week, not bad and keeps the Outpost active. There is progress given the WIP bits we’re getting but we’re still waiting for a breakthrough completion here… Let’s hope we’ll see it on Week 8. The Necronson the other hand had their awakening this week! Their completion rate jumped from 7% to 51% (yes, you’ve read correctly) making them a force to be reckoned with within the Xenos Faction and not only… Their SCR of 1.2k puts them at striking distance to the BAs the Astra Militarum, the Imperial Agents and even AoD-T (although I’d be careful there). Although their completion rate is very strong indeed, where they lack is the re-vowing rate (only 13%). This needs to be addressed soon because the underlying cause of that is that the completion rate reflects completions by only two participants. If the rest of the Necrons become alive *chuckles* then there is enormous potential! The Orkson the other hand, are number 1 in re-vowing with a rate of 100% - meaning the second and subsequent vows are as many as the first vows! Now only that but their completion rate of 67% is also the highest in the game! In short, the Orks have gone all Waagh on us! However (and maybe because of that) they also have the second smaller average vow in the game of just 310pts. That limits their ceiling but we’re only half way there. Who knows, we may see Gargants or other point-rich units being pledged. I hear the new Contrast paints work wonders for the Greenskins! The Tauare now in the lead of the Xenos Faction with a hefty (but improvable) 46% completion rate and 50% re-vowing rate! But I have to point out here that there are only two participants who carry this burden and that no completions were declared in Week 7. The new vow that was made had the technical effect of lowering the completion rate and thus the score, so I hope to see more Tau participants declare completions soon – we’re more than half way there guys… If you want to have ample time for a substantial second vow, you really need to wrap it up. Now the Tyranids. Well, no completions this week but a lot of WIP, which makes me hopeful that Week 8 will be very productive. Their completion rate and their re-vowing rate are at very healthy levels at 47% and 75% respectively, so there is nothing wrong with their metrics. The only problem is, like Orks, they have a fairly low average vow, which makes re-vowing an much more important affair than in other Forums. So yeah, ideally any completions must be followed other, hopefully more point-rich vows… But they’re doing good!

FORUM: AoD-L

No completions this week. Hmm… could it be that the Heresy train has breaks after all? The AoD-L SCR has slipped to 3rdposition, overtaken by CSMs. This is partially due to ETL mechanics as two more vows were added but no completions reported driving the completion rate somewhat lower. It is very important to keep the pace guys – I know it is very challenging with the high average vow an’ all but that’s the situation now. You’re doing well, your completion rate is not bad at all – it’s above the ETL average and your re-vowing rate is also good at 36%. More importantly though your average vow is maintained a very high levels you must strive to retain that. Let’s see how Week 8 will play out for you!

FORUM: AoD-T

Here we have a similarly (if a bit larger) average vow, but the completion rate of just 22% is now becoming a problem. I know they are large vows, but the AoD-T needs to keep up at least with the AoD-L – if they can do it, so can you! You have a very large amount of points pledged; you really need to report some completions soon. Your re-vowing rate is even better than the AoD-L so back it up with some completions in Week 8 to balance things out in the Heresy corner and propel the AoD Faction to the top!

--------------------------------------------------

gallery_48988_15465_41.png

SATELITE EVENTS

For those interested in the satellite events :

THE MARK OF THE LIBER: A Liber event to write about your ETL entries

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_808071.png

CROSSING THE RUBICON: A Dark Angels' Primaris event:
Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_499628.png

THE HUNT OF THE FALLEN: A Dark Angels' Deathwing event:
Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_647565.png

THE MARCH OF THE FALLEN: A Chaos, Fallen themed event:
Hidden Content

gallery_29004_15471_157318.png

CHAOS SPAWN BEAUTY PAGEANT: A Chaos Spawn Beauty Pageant:
Hidden Content

gallery_48988_15465_898980.png

BLACK CRUSADE 2019: Vowing your soul for Chaos - an age-old ETL tradition!
Hidden Content

gallery_29004_15471_263389.png

CHALLENGES

Captain Semper:

IF the SWs get a higherETL Score than the DAs by the end of the event, I will paint 5 SWs Battle leaders corresponding to the 5 top scoring SWs players. Furthermore, I'll customise those Battle Leaders to the specs of the 5 top scoring SWs players, so it could be anything from Power armour, Terminator Armour (any kind), Primaris or on Thunder Wolf.

Something similar to the "Debt to the Wolves" I did some years ago (see my sig).

ALSO:

Now the Wolves have 20 participants! If you guys make it 30 by the end of the recruitment period (July 1st), I, Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and The Master of Recruits, will paint 5 Wolven straight out of the box and dedicate each one to the five higher scoring SWs participants in ETL VII.

Lord Raulf:

Lord Ranulf of the Thunderwolf Clan has heard your brave words, Captain Semper of the First. For the glory of Russ and the Allfather, I shall make you eat them!

Lord Ranulf pledges for the VLKA FENRYKA! Honour and Victory to the SPACE WOLVES Chapter!

RikuEru:

IF the DAs get a higher ETL Score than the SWs by the end of the event, I will paint a 5 man squad of Primaris Dark Angels and the DA Lieutenant (Zahariel?) dedicated to the 5 top scoring DAs players and honourable (Captain) Semper. (The difference in rank is merely on GWs part and not a personal attack)

While my collection and bits boxes do not allow me to make the "commission" as customizable as yours, I will ensure all 6 of them will be converted to be characterful, worthy Sons of the Lion and painted to the best of my abilities.

Slave to Darkness:

IF the Dark Angels or the vastly superior warriors of the Wolves get a higher score than the Chaos Marine faction I will dedicate a mini to the top three Fraeter from that forum. I would go five but I lack the required bits to do so, and if both forums beat Chaos Ill do the top three from both...

Captain Semper:

I Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and the Master of Recruits, hereby vow that if the BAs achieve a higher SCR than the DAs at the end of the event, I'll paint, to the best of my ability, the Space Hulk Terminators except the guy with the Flamer in proper BA colours!

Mr. Yellow:

If the DA's have a higher SCR than BAs I'll eat my hat make the squad heraldry for the next termie squad I paint be suitably Dark Angely (real word??).

Cheers
LM

Darnok:

I, Darnok, promise to vow for the Lost And The Damned forum for ETL VIII, if and only if the conditions above are met. Glory to the Dark Gods!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Tomorrow I'll be travelling for the most part and therefore I'll be unable to do the Week 8 write-up. I will try and at least get the table with the rankings up so participants will now where things stand and I'll add the commentary at some point on Monday.

+++ETL VII - WEEK 8 UPDATE+++

Week 8 added 17.2k pts to the ETL total – making a bit less productive than the previous weeks. This is to be expected as usually Week 8 and Week 9 have historically been the least productive ones. But having said that the drop to productivity was a marginal one and all things considered the overall momentum appears to still be there.

Interestingly we crossed the 100k threshold on the completed vows front and the overall completion rate stands at almost 32%. So roughly 1/3 of the pledged points have been completed by now despite the fact that in Week 8 alone, another 25 vows were added carrying a substantial 12.3k additional pts.

If I was to give this week a theme, that would be Dark Angels - but let’s see Week 8 results in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 8
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 152 215 132,930 61841,292 31.1% 12,827 Space Marines 537445,949 621 14,628 31.8% 4,657 Blood Angels 38 5236,935 710 10,198 27.6% 2,815 Dark Angels 37 61 27,699 454 12,776 46.1% 5,893 Space Wolves 24 28 22,347 798 3,692 16.5% 610 IFOR 59 87 45,152 519 14,928 33.1% 4,935 Adepta Sororitas 6 13 3,921 302 2,767 70.6% 1,953 AdMech 11 15 10,982 732 2,74525.0% 686Astra Militarum 22 29 17,656 609 4,960 28.1% 1,393 Imperial Agents 6 11 6,302 573 2,982 47.3% 1,411 Grey Knights 5 6 2,634 439 238 9.0% 22 Deathwatch 9 13 3,657 281 1,236 33.8% 418 Realm of Chaos 76 110 61,100 555 14,740 24.1% 3,556 Chaos Space Marines 71 103 55,613 540 13,618 24.5% 3,355 Chaos Daemons 3 5 4,294 859 871 20.3% 177 LatD 2 2 1,193 597 251 21.0% 53 Xenos 31 49 24,828 507 12,313 49.6% 6,106 Aeldari 4 6 3,370 562 197 5.8% 12 Necrons 8 9 4,725 525 2,763 58.5% 1,616 Orks 5 10 3,100 310 2,168 69.9% 1,516 T’au Empire 6 9 7,440 827 3,392 45.6% 1,546 Tyranids 8 15 6,193 413 3,793 61.2% 2,323 AoD 27 38 56,206 1,479 17,947 31.9% 5,731 AoD-L 14 20 29,471 1,474 11,967 40.6% 4,859 AoD-T 13 18 26,735 1,485 5,980 22.4% 1,338 Total ETL VI 345 499 320,216 642 101,220 31.6% 31,996

FACTIONS

The Astartes have modest completion rate slightly below the ETL average. However, they also have huge resources so that is adequate to keep them firmly in the leading position among the five factions. Having said that, the various Astartes Forums have widely different performance with the DAs being way more productive than the rest while the SMs follow suit. It’s true that it is very difficult to wrestle the first position from the Astartes faction due to its general popularity and the legacy of the B&C. But on a Forum by Forum level it’s quite a different story.

The IFOR was a bit sluggish this week, adding a mere 1.7k pts which drove their completion rate to an OK 33%, slightly above the ETL average. However, given their resources they really should strive for much higher than that. Right now, Chaos is sleeping, but should they wake, they will be in deep trouble fighting for last position. Really, follow the SoB’s example: limited resources but a completion rate in the 70s – the highest in the ETL! And they currently lead the entire IFOR Faction too! I guess the GKs and the Deathwatch need to get up to speed more than the rest, but the Guard should also speed up. AdMech is seriously hindered by the Titan which will either make or break that particular Forum…

Well, Chaos has the lowest score at this point. This is because the CSMs have a relatively low completion rate of only 24.5%. Unless the CSMs get up to speed, the entire Faction will suffer. Maybe Week 9 will break the bad spell? CSMs have more resources than any other Forum but are greatly under-unutilised. Very little else to add here…

The Xenos rock! One week it’s the Tau, then it’s the Necrons, then the Orks, then the Nids… Boy oh boy, this is a very active Faction indeed – with great in-fighting too! Their overall completion rate of 50% is the highest among all Factions, and with the exception of the Aeldari, their SCRs are pretty close too! And I think the Aeldari will join them soon! Right now, the Tyranids and the GSCs lead the Faction but things can change again in the span of a week! Interestingly, they are now holding second position

Well, the AoD show some signs of fatigue – especially the Traitor side. The overall completion rate remains at par with the ETL average, but they are now in 3rdposition (but pretty close to the Xenos). I guess the AoD-T must show some serious comeback in Week 9 to balance out the perceived dominance of the Emperor’s lapdogs who themselves could also do with some more completions… With such a high average vow, every completion makes a difference!

FORUMS

The SMs retain a strong position in the ETL, but this week they lost the number 1 position to the DAs. Why is that? Well, in part because their completion rate at 32% is nothing too spectacular (in line with the ETL average) and in part because the DAs had a spectacular week. Even excluding the DA performance though, their completion rate signifies some fatigue. Sure, they added 2.4k pts to their total but that is not enough to secure the top position – especially in light of a strong DA and AoD-L. So now they are third… And I have to say that CSMs are still dormant – which means there is ample time to report completions and re-vow in order to close the resource gap they have with the three-times ETL Champions. If they want to secure their position in the top, they really need to have a strong Week 9 not only on the completion front but on the re-vowing front too – in fact they re-vowing rate did go up to 40% (from 36% last week) so that’s good news – but compared to the 65% of the DAs and the 45% of the CSMs – well, it looks like they need to catch-up.

The BAs seem to have lost some of their momentum. Their completion rate of just 28% is below the ETL average and (hence?) their re-vowing rate of 37% is neither here nor there… It’s high time to see some solid first vow completions now – They’re letting the days and weeks go by and this comes at a high cost. There are definitely some “quick win” vows in there, try to finish them quickly so you’ll have the option to re-vow while you still can. The ETL has 13 weeks and some days in total – we are now at Week 9. Clock’s ticking!

Well, this was the DAs week. A completion rate of 46% is among the highest in the ETL at this stage and in the above 20 participants club. Furthermore, the re-vowing rate has gone through the roof at 65% showing strong commitment and drive. The only drawback in this amazing performance is the small average vow – i.e. they have the completions, they’re doing the re-vowing, they have the momentum, but they do not have enough points in the backlog. Be that as it may, the DAs are now leading the entire ETL – and not by a small margin either… They have some 1k points in their SCR more than the second strongest forum the AoD-L. Keep going, this is a game that will be played in the 80s as far as completion rates go!

The SWs really need to start reporting completions. Their completion rate of 16.5% is among the lowest in the ETL – meaning that the room to complete and then re-vow is getting smaller by the day. Unless some solid completions take place this week, the situation will become very serious indeed. There is a small window that will allow you to go again – use it! Week 9 could be a make or break situation!

Simply put, the SoBs are leading the IFOR Faction by a significant margin. A Forum that has yet to have the updated Codex, with an ancient miniature range (that ages well though) and with just 6 partiicpants is now beating the AdMech and the Guard as well as the similarly sized Agents’ Forum – although the latter also show signs of greatness. But this performance is backed by hard work: Completion rate at 71% - the highest in the ETL at this stage, and a re-vowing rate of 117%! Now this is commitment and drive! Congratulations to the SoBs for their stellar performance!

The AdMech had a non-week. No completions reported, no new vows – total silence. Their completion rate of 25% is low but it is also highly depended on the Titan. However, even taking this uneven distribution of points, I would expect the completion rate to be above 30% at this stage… The re-vowing rate is also a bit subdued at only 36% - not terrible but for this stage of the event, certainly not spectacular… I know, the mid of the ETL is by far the most difficult period to remain motivated but the hour of reckoning is approaching fast. There are quite a few quick wins in the first vows so let’s see them completed in Week 9 and hopefully close the gap with the other IFOR Forums… If the Titan gets done, that’ll be a huge boost obviously.

Things are very quiet in the barracks… Sure there were some completions but only 240pts… Seriously, the completion rate of just 28% is too timid – too small for this stage of the event, and certainly below the ETL average. That also limits the re-vowing process with a re-vowing rate of only 32%. What is going on? Are your commissars on strike or something? Let’s see those first vows get completed, Week 9 is very crucial as, after that, the room to vow again is narrowing significantly. Fix bayonets and get ready to charge!

No completions for the Agents this week and no new vows either… Well they had a strong performance so far, so a week of rest won’t be the end of the world. But the clock is ticking – you will not be able to afford another Week of rest – your completion rate of 47% and re-vow rate of 83% still look strong but they won’t look as strong a week down the road. Let’s see those first vows getting completed – nothing beats solid first vow completions!

FORUM: GREY KNIGHTS & DEATHWATCH

A non-week for both Forums. This is not very encouraging, but it is understandable as Week 8 is usually the most difficult week to get things done. However, this must end now and register some solid progress in Week 9 to make up for it.

Well, after a strong Week 8, things calmed down again. Only 1.4k pts of completions were added and the Completion Rate remains below 25%. And this is low for this stage of the event. Interestingly the re-vowing rate is quite strong at 45% which means that the few people that completed their vows, were eager to re-vow – so in a sense the few who completed their vows are eagerly trying to make-up for the lack of completions of the majority. But this is not how ETLs are won. You really need to get that first vow completion rate from 25% that is currently to above 40% and do it fast. If in Week 9 we see a repeat of Week 7 then things will look optimistic of the followers of the Ruinous Powers. But delay it and you give more time to your rivals and especially the Loyalist Marines, to build up a significant advantage. Currently, in terms of SCR, you’re behind the DAs, the AoD-L and the SMs in 4thposition. You have immense resources. Utilise them!

Well the Daemons were static this week with no completions or new vows, no nothing to add. Their 20% completion rate reflects the uneven distribution of points between the three participants so, all we can do is wait and see… the LatD however did report a completion, bringing their completion rate at par to the Daemons and we expect more to happen soon as impressive WIP pics suggest!

The Aeldari had another completion but their completion rate remains very low. This is only because the distribution of points among participants is very uneven and this affects Forums with small participation. I think, judging by the WIP pics, we will be seeing some solid progress soon though… The Necrons continued with some solid completions, driving their completion rate even higher to a very respectable 59%. This means they are currently the second power in the Xenos Faction in terms of SCR. However, the re-vowing rate is just 13% which means that the follow-up is very slim… Still, there are quite a few quick wins within the Necron pool, so as long as they keep delivering on their first vows then that could prove enough. But the 58% completion rate should continue to rise steadily in the coming weeks – any relaxation and the other Xenos rivals will just consume you. Talking about savage competition, the Orks, with a completion rate of 69.9% - the second highest in the ETL – defend their corner well, as they are only 30pts behind the Tau and just 100pts behind the Necrons in terms of SCR. If this is not savage competition, I don’t know what is… However, the Orks suffer from a low average vow, that means that they have limited resources, so some intense re-vowing should be in order. True their re-vowing rate stands at a proud 100% but that may not prove enough (it’s not even the highest in the ETL at the moment – that honour goes to the Sisters with 117%). All in all though, the Waaagh! seems to be in a good overall shape – just don’t relax… Speaking of relaxation, the Tau seem a bit relaxed and despite having the most resources, which remain relatively unutilised… Unfortunately, no completions or follow-up vows this week for them and still only two participants have reported completions of any kind – that’s a self-made handicap that needs to be addressed guys. You see how savage the competition is in the Xenos area – three out of five Forums have their score at between 100pts from each other. So, mobilise and do so soon – we’re in Week 9 already! And at the end of Week 8, we have the Tyranids leading the Xenos Forum! Yes, this is a big moment and the Tyranids as they lead with some 700pts difference form the second one. They have a high completion rate but not the highest in the Xenos Faction – meaning that they utilise their resources effectively without overextending themselves (for Xenos standards anyway). They also have a very healthy re-vowing rate of 88% so yeah, they are in fantastic shape. But they need to keep the pace up or they will be overtaken given the overall momentum in the Xenos area…

Wow! maybe Week 7 was slow but Week 8 was hot! The AoD-L added 3.4k completed pts, raised its completion rate to 41% and its SCR to 4.9k pts – second only to the DAs at this stage. Furthermore, the re-vowing rate jumped by 7pps to 43%! Now this is an all-out attack of the Loyalist forces – only 14 participants but what a fiery band! The best thing about it, is that there’s still some sizeable vows out there (having a huge average vow helps) and progress is happening – as frequent WIP pictures show! My suggestion: Keep the momentum up, try to finish as many fist vows as possible in Week 9 and drive that re-vowing rate even higher! This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark!

Unlike the AoD-L, the AoD-T seems to be running out of steam. No completions in Week 8 and they have half the completed points of their Loyalist rivals. Unfortunately, their performance is lagging even compared to the ETL average with a completion rate of only 22% - among the lowest in the game at this stage… As it happens, the problem spreads in both the fist and the second vows… A lot of points remain incomplete within second vows that drive completion rate lower and, if completed, it will skyrocket the AoD-T SCR! So let’s see those completions coming, first or second vows doenst matter – you have enormous potential and a pick-up in pace will propel the AoD Faction to second and possibly first position (depending on the SMs completion rate).

SATELITE EVENTS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

CHALLENGES

Captain Semper:

IF the SWs get a higherETL Score than the DAs by the end of the event, I will paint 5 SWs Battle leaders corresponding to the 5 top scoring SWs players. Furthermore, I'll customise those Battle Leaders to the specs of the 5 top scoring SWs players, so it could be anything from Power armour, Terminator Armour (any kind), Primaris or on Thunder Wolf.

Something similar to the "Debt to the Wolves" I did some years ago (see my sig).

ALSO:

Now the Wolves have 20 participants! If you guys make it 30 by the end of the recruitment period (July 1st), I, Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and The Master of Recruits, will paint 5 Wolven straight out of the box and dedicate each one to the five higher scoring SWs participants in ETL VII.

Lord Raulf:

Lord Ranulf of the Thunderwolf Clan has heard your brave words, Captain Semper of the First. For the glory of Russ and the Allfather, I shall make you eat them!

Lord Ranulf pledges for the VLKA FENRYKA! Honour and Victory to the SPACE WOLVES Chapter!

RikuEru:

IF the DAs get a higher ETL Score than the SWs by the end of the event, I will paint a 5 man squad of Primaris Dark Angels and the DA Lieutenant (Zahariel?) dedicated to the 5 top scoring DAs players and honourable (Captain) Semper. (The difference in rank is merely on GWs part and not a personal attack)

While my collection and bits boxes do not allow me to make the "commission" as customizable as yours, I will ensure all 6 of them will be converted to be characterful, worthy Sons of the Lion and painted to the best of my abilities.

Slave to Darkness:

IF the Dark Angels or the vastly superior warriors of the Wolves get a higher score than the Chaos Marine faction I will dedicate a mini to the top three Fraeter from that forum. I would go five but I lack the required bits to do so, and if both forums beat Chaos Ill do the top three from both...

Captain Semper:

I Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and the Master of Recruits, hereby vow that if the BAs achieve a higher SCR than the DAs at the end of the event, I'll paint, to the best of my ability, the Space Hulk Terminators except the guy with the Flamer in proper BA colours!

Mr. Yellow:

If the DA's have a higher SCR than BAs I'll eat my hat make the squad heraldry for the next termie squad I paint be suitably Dark Angely (real word??).

Cheers
LM

Darnok:

I, Darnok, promise to vow for the Lost And The Damned forum for ETL VIII, if and only if the conditions above are met. Glory to the Dark Gods!

+++ETL VII - WEEK 9 UPDATE+++

Productivity exploded in Week 9 with a very strong 28k pts being completed! This performance is the strongest to date and it seems people are gearing up for the big finale! Just to give you an indication, this is some 10k points more than last week… The overall completion rate for the event is almost 40% and the re-vowing rate is at 53% - that means that second or subsequent vows are more than half of the original ones. And this brings us to almost 130k completed overall since June 1stand that’s just as well, as 2/3rds of the time has already elapsed. That’s right everyone, we are no officially in the last month of the event!

This week, and despite the DAs strong performance, the leaders of the ETL are the AoD-L who achieved an even higher completion rate than the DAs over similar size of pledged points. Other note-worthy performances include the BAs (amazing finish of the week), the Sisters that continue to lead the IFOR despite other Forums picking-up, the CSMs who seem to have woken a little bit, and the Tyranids/GSC who have wrestled first position in the Xenos Faction by a comfortable margin.

But enough with the highlights, let’s see Week 9 in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 9
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 152 229 137,169 59952,267 38.8% 20,685 Space Marines 537546,139 615 16,127 35.0% 5,637 Blood Angels 38 5538,570 701 16,739 43.4% 7,265 Dark Angels 37 69 29,662 430 15,676 52.8% 8,285 Space Wolves 24 30 22,798 760 4,725 20.7% 979 IFOR 59 94 46,456 494 16,939 36.5% 6,176 Adepta Sororitas 6 16 4,514 282 3,153 69.8% 2,202 AdMech 11 16 4,514 701 2,97126.5% 788 Astra Militarum 22 31 18,056 582 6,007 33.3% 1,998 Imperial Agents 6 12 6,387 532 3,246 50.8% 1,650 Grey Knights 5 6 2,634 439 238 9.0% 22 Deathwatch 9 13 3,657 281 1,324 36.2% 479 Realm of Chaos 77 115 62,172 541 18,953 30.5% 5,778 Chaos Space Marines 72 108 56,685 525 17,831 31.5% 5,609 Chaos Daemons 3 5 4,294 859 871 20.3% 177 LatD 2 2 1,193 597 251 21.0% 53 Xenos 31 52 26,430 508 15,181 57.4% 8,720 Aeldari 4 6 3,370 562 999 29.6% 296 Necrons 8 10 5,816 582 3,357 57.7% 1,938 Orks 5 10 3,100 310 2,419 78.0% 1,888 T’au Empire 6 9 7,440 827 3,392 45.6% 1,546 Tyranids 8 17 6,704 394 5,014 74.8% 3,750 AoD 27 40 57,116 1,428 24,827 43.5% 10,792 AoD-L 14 22 30,381 1,381 17,077 56.2% 9,599 AoD-T 13 18 26,735 1,485 7,750 29.0% 2,247 Total ETL VI 346 530 329,343 621 129,167 39.2% 50,659

FACTIONS

The Astartes seem to remain the undisputed leaders of the ETL – an almost natural situation given the popularity of the SMs in the hobby and the legacy of the ETL. However, this position is reatained mainly because of their vastly superior resources – not spectacular performance as the overall completion rate is at par (if not slightly below) the ETL average. Although the BAs and the DAs are really fighting it out, driving their respective completion rates higher and higher, the SMs and the SWs seem a bit… relaxed. Even so though, the Astartes position at the top of the ETL seems unassailable.

IFOR also seems to be running in two separate gears. SoBs and Agents show higher than average completion rates (considerably higher as a matter of fact), while the rest to be lagging… Which is unfortunate because these are the Forums with the most resources… Sure the Nemesis Titan will make a lot of difference and the AdMech Forum will be showing a totally different picture, but it will not be enough to turn the entire faction around. Week 9 saw a surge in Chaos, Xenos and AoD completion rates, while the IFOR had only made modest progress. Week 10 will probably be the most crucial for them…

Chaos sort of responded this week… A reasonably high level of completions led to the Faction’s completion rate to jump more than 6 percentage points to 30.5%. This, combined with the substantial resources, meant that their score increased by 2.2k – which is not bad, not bad at all… BUT their completion rate remains the lowest in the ETL, their re-vowing rate at 49% is the second lowest (the AoD is the lowest but they compensate with a much higher average vow) and their average vow is slipping week by week. So, in short: good thing we some activity here, but completion rate (and re-vowing rate) MUST go up! Will Week 10 see to that?

Welcome to the Faction with the highest completion rate in the ETL at a very strong 57% completion rate they sure make the most of their (admittedly limited) resources. And the good thing is that all Forums, even the Aeldari that were lagging for so long, are pretty close together! This will be the most exciting race between the various Xenos Forums for supremacy within the Faction – at the moment the Tyranids continue to lead, but that changes very easily within the span of a week. Let’s see what Week 10 has in store for them!

The AoD is now literally split in two. The AoD-L has the upper hand by a very large margin at the moment, which is a pity for the AoD-T, considering how close they are in their resources. It’s just that the Loyalists have shown a consistent performance whereas the Traitors seem to be relaxing. However, the blended mix of the Faction has managed to reach second position after the Astartes and have a sizeable margin from the third which is the Xenos. So good things are happening here and more will come if the AoD-T gains momentum, but the overall tempo must be retained. Remember, the completion rates spike as the approach the end of the event!

FORUMS

The SMs retain a strong position in the ETL but their grip is slipping… With a completion rate of just 35% they are lagging behind the BAs and the DAs – not to mention the ETL average. The CSMs are starting to gain momentum and although they have a lower completion rate, they have substantially more resources. Right now, the SMs are ahead the CSMs by a mere 28pts. The other issue that the relatively low completion rate brings, is the low re-vowing rate. Although 42% may not seem that low at first glance it is one of the lowest – especially among their major rivals. I sure hope we do not see history repeating itself – as traditionally, the SMs have very strong resources and do well in the opening stages of the event but run out of stream as we near the finish line. I hope this year we’ll see an acceleration in Week 11 – this isthe last month guys!

The BAs regained the momentum they lost in Week 8 and in Week 9 they managed to reach 2ndposition within the Astartes Faction and 3rdposition overall! Their completion rate jumped to 43% from just 28% the previous week and surpassed the ETL average by a good 4 percentage points. The means they are ahead of the SMs and the CSMs but are still behind the DAs and AoD-L. Yet, at least against the DAs they have a substantial advantage and that is their average vow that is at 700pts vs. the DAs’ 430pts. This is a huge difference and, if they pick up momentum, they could be overtaking them in Week 10. They already have the most completed points than any other Astartes in absolute terms!

The DAs continued to fight the good fight only now things are becoming much more challenging. The AoD-L is now at 1stposition with the DAs slipping into 2ndand with the BAs very close behind! Sure, their performance is manic – especially for a Forum with that many participants, but it needs to be. The bottom line is that they have a significantly lower average vow than all the Astartes and the CSMs (that are not that high themselves) and both the AoD. They are putting up a very strong fight though, as they utilise their resources to a much higher degree than all their rivals: completion rate at 53% and re-vowing rate at 86%. A very strong combo of metrics there… but will it be enough? Or are they going to reach a completion rate into the 80s and it will still not be enough? Week 10 better see some large vows coming their way to even things up…

The SWs’ completion rate still lags the ETL average. They did have some progress in Week 8, their completion rate jumped some 4 percentage points. But their re-vowing rate is still at 25% less than half the ETL average… They really need to make up for the lost time in Week 10 because time is running out and the opportunities to re-vow diminish. But with a very decent average vow, the highest among the Astartes, they could easily re-vow lower without damaging their prospect. But they need to re-vow and start doing so fast. Of course, re-vowing requires completions so get down to it!

Their amazing performance continues: completion rate of 70%, re-vowing rate, a staggering 167%! No wonder they lead the IFOR for a second week in a row! Now this may change because of the limited resources of the forum but they will definitely keep the moral high ground. In fact, their almost there already: SoBs were largely ignored by GW for years, and now, on the eve of the release of the new Codex and the new miniature range, the die-hard SoB enthusiasts make their presence felt and stand their ground! Well done to all, true heroes of the Imperium!

The AdMEch carries the honour of having pledged the largest Titan in this year’s ETL and a Nemesis one no less! Cool as this is, it sort of messes with their completion rate as the AdMech points are unevenly spread among participants. But even so, their completion rate is very low at 27%. They could easily be closer to 40% by now, even with the Titan pending. So, let’s see some completions in Week 10, there is nothing keeping you from becoming Primus Inter Pares of the IFOR Faction.

Although some completions took place this week, the Guard is still lacking the momentum to close the gap with the Sisters or indeed threaten any non-IFOR Forums. The 33% completion rate lags vs. the ETL average, and this is a pity because if the Guard had managed to reach the ETL average completion rate then they would not only be on top of the IFOR by a huge margin, they’d have more points completed than the SMs and the CSMs, they’d be practically at par with the BAs and very close to the DAs and even the AoD-L. So, what’s stopping you guys? Just get those first vows done and start on re-vowing as quickly as possible. The re-vowing rate is not that bad, but the low completion rate means that the few that completed, take it upon themselves to carry the burden of many more vows… Let’s see some more firstvows completed in Week 10.

With some beautiful completions, the Agents crossed the 50% completion rate. That’s good news of course but the 50% also extends to the number of participants who actually reported a completion. So, 50% of the points, 50% of the participants… The point I’m trying to make is that the completion rate among first vows is just 32% while the re-vowing rate stands at 100%. The message here is clear: let’s see those first vows completed and your SCR will fly!

FORUM: GREY KNIGHTS & DEATHWATCH

The GKs did not report any completion, but there was a lot of WIP activity which makes me optimistic about Week 10. The DW managed a completion but the overall completion rate remains below the ETL average. Here though, we have quite an interesting situation and it’s the reverse of what’s happening with the Agents: the completion rate among first vows stands at an above-average 50% and the completion rate in the second vows is at 0%! So here the message is: complete your second vows and the DW will be in a very different position and improved position.

The CSMs picked up a bit in Week 9 but their completion rate is still below the ETL average at 31.5% – so much so that despite their huge resources their SCR is lower than the SMs, the BAs and the DAs not to mention this week’s leaders, the AoD-L. Here is a clear case of first vows completions. The completion rate among first vows is just 29% - this is very low for this stage of the event. If the CSMs want to challenge the first position, they really need to start raising the first vow completion rate fast. Don’t worry too much about second vows, your re-vowing rate of 50% is adequate (and it’s likely to grow) especially when you have so many resources. Just do those first vows… Otherwise you’ll need to settle for 5thposition.

Both Forums did not report completions nor did they add any new vows this Week. However, they both showed quite interesting WIPs so I’m hopeful that Week 10 will be very interesting indeed.

Well, we did have a sizeable completion from the Aeldari that raised their completion rate to 30% from 6% the previous week. That was an important development but needs to be followed up by more 1stvow completions – in terms of resources they are not that far behind the Orks and yet, the Orks are way ahead in the SCR. It doesn’t have to be that way. The Necrons with 60% completion rate are second in the Xenos Faction ahead of the Tau that seem to be running out of steam big time and the Orks that their lack of resources seem to be catching up with them… But they are still behind the Tyranids that had a very strong week… However, more vows are on the way I understand, so maybe the Necrons can threaten the top position within the Xenos Faction? We’ll see… As mentioned, the Orks have a very high completion rate of 78%, which is currently the highest in the ETL, and are in a good shape to achieve the mythical 100%! Their re-vowing rate is a very respectable 100% so in terms of metrics they look very good indeed! Unfortunately though, their limited resources sort of put a ceiling on what they can do in terms of SCR and they are currently in 3rdposition. The Tau seem to be in stasis. They are the Forum with the most resources within the Xenos Faction, yet they have to report a completion since Week 6! What is going on guys? Your 46% completion rate may still be higher than the ETL average but it’s way below the Xenos average. Clock’s ticking, you really need to start reporting some completions! The Tyranids on the other hand are really on a winning streak! Their completion rate of 75% is the second highest in the ETL (after the Orks) but their superior resources means that their SCR is now the highest in the Xenos Faction, higher than all IFOR Forums and higher than the AoD-T! Excellent guys, no one saw that coming!

Week 9 was a winning week for the AoD-L as the continued their Week 8 momentum leading them to be leaders of the ETL by Week 9 – and by a wide margin at that! Their completion rate of 56% and a re-vowing rate of 57% it sure looks like a healthy picture. If more first vows can be completed, this will solidify the AoD-L as a top contender for the top position! Havign said that, there are quite a few vows locked in the second and third vows too so any completions will be welcome. Just keep them coming guys, now is not the time to rest but to drive forward! If your average vow slips somewhat (and it does) this is no reason to be concerned – it’s so high anyway you can afford it!

AoD-T reported some completions, but they really, really need to get up to speed. The completion rate of 29% is just too low for this stage of the game. There is no need to be so much behind the Loyalists in terms of score, you have similar resources: just do those completions and try to re-vow. August is already here, there is less than a month to go… don’t let this get out of hand!

SATELITE EVENTS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

CHALLENGES

Captain Semper:

ALSO:

Lord Raulf:

RikuEru:

Slave to Darkness:

Captain Semper:

Mr. Yellow:

Cheers
LM

Darnok:

+++ETL VII - WEEK 10 UPDATE+++

As the ETL enters its final stages, the overall completion rate for the event rises to 41%. However, progress was moderate vs. last week with only 12k completed points vs. 28k the week before. Be that as it may, Week 10 is over and now we have three weeks to go to the day! So, time is certainly running out and for those who have procrastinated until now, this is the wake-up call

+++ETL VII - WEEK 11 UPDATE+++

This is the last Weekly Update.

It is customary to leave Week 13 without an Update as to increase the Fog of War and to prompt participants to finish their work as if their Forum’s fortune would depend on it – and it most probably would! As it happens the ETL usually extended 2-3 days after Week 13 so having an update on Week 13 would be like pre-announcing the results. Or at least giving people a very good idea where things are going and affect their performance. So, Week 12 was usually the last Update.

However, this year, the ETL ends EXACTLY at the end of Week 13. Therefore, and in order to keep everyone on the edge, there will be no Week 12 Update – so instead of going blind for a week and a couple of days you’ll go blind for the whole 2 Weeks!

I will of course update the Outposts regularly and probably give a few hints as to how things are shaping up so it will not be a total “radio silence” but the general idea is: enough tactics! just finish your vows ASAP and secure the most prestigious award: the Custos Fidei! And who knows, you may even help your Forum achieve a Primus Inter Pares status or even more than that!

Now for Week 11, an interesting fact: we have cumulatively completed 154k pts – the EXACT same amount as last year! And last year we had some 70 more participants! It goes a long way to show this year’s commitment and dedication!

Now, let’s see Week 11 in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 11
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 152 253 144,259 57064,434 44.7% 28,780 Space Marines 538248,063 586 20,533 42.7% 8,772 Blood Angels 38 5839,474 681 17,690 44.8% 7,928 Dark Angels 37 79 32,460 411 20,513 63.2% 12,963 Space Wolves 24 34 24,262 714 5,698 23.5% 1,338 IFOR 58 97 47,763 461 18,812 42.0% 7,906 Adepta Sororitas 6 16 4,514 282 3,217 71.3% 2,293 AdMech 11 17 11,324 666 3,984 35.2% 1,402 Astra Militarum 21 32 16,097 503 6,407 39.8% 2,550 Imperial Agents 6 12 6,387 532 3,642 57.0% 2,077 Grey Knights 5 6 2,634 439 238 9.0% 22 Deathwatch 9 14 3,807 272 1,324 34.8% 460 Realm of Chaos 78 131 65,559 500 25,502 38.9% 9,920 Chaos Space Marines 73 122 59,407 487 22,524 37.9% 8,540 Chaos Daemons 3 6 4,655 776 1,481 31.8% 471 LatD 2 3 1,497 499 1,497 100.0% 1,497 Xenos 32 59 29,648 503 17,474 58.9% 10,299 Aeldari 4 7 3,477 497 999 28.7% 287 Necrons 8 12 7,754 646 3,923 50.6% 1,985 Orks 5 10 3,100 310 2,419 78.0% 1,888 T’au Empire 7 10 7,652 765 4,829 63.1% 3,047 Tyranids 8 20 7,665 383 5,304 69.2% 3,370 AoD 27 44 63,459 1,442 27,157 42.8% 11,622 AoD-L 14 24 34,130 1,422 17,987 52.7% 9,479 AoD-T 13 20 29,329 1,466 9,170 31.3% 2,867 Total ETL VI 347 584 347,688 595 153,379 44.1% 67,662

The Astartes are comfortable in the lead and the DAs seem to be comfortably ahead of all other Chapters. The Faction’s superior resources are enough to secure them the first position at this stage even if their completion rate is very average. The SMs and the BAs have very similar completion rates at 43-45% while the DAs are markedly above that at 63% - not only that, but the high completion rate is utilised for leveraging their resources as reflected in their re-vowing rate of 114% - more than double vs. all other Astartes Forums. The Space Wolves seem to be the least aggressive of the four with a completion rate of just 23% - almost half of the ETL average… Well, this is it guys, in the last two weeks you must accelerate your efforts and achieve the highest completion rate possible!

The IFOR showed again some progress adding 1.2k pts raising the completion rate to 42% - a bit below the ETL average of 44%. That said, their SCR of 7.9k pts, although the lowest among the Factions is not really that far behind. A commitment to completing the first vows in these last two weeks could propel their SCR significantly and overtake the Xenos or even Chaos if they retain their very low completion rate. I would be less optimistic about overtaking the AoD though, these guys are totally out of their mind… But even that is not technically impossible though – it just means that average completion rates won’t do it – you need to go to exceptional levels to achieve that.

The Realm of Chaos has two interesting characteristics: large resources (the second more popular after the Astartes) and a very low completion rate – the lowest among the five Factions despite including the only Forum that currently has 100% completion rate – the LatD! And thw Daemons are not doing bad either as given their WIP I’d expect a jump in the SCR as early as next week. The main culprit is the CSM Forum that has a completion rate below 40% vs. a 44% average for the entire ETL. Obviously, given the disproportionate popularity of the CSMs, the entire Faction won’t be going far unless the CSMs start gaining some momentum. The low completion rate affects the Faction’s SCR which currently is in 4thposition… Two weeks guys and then, that’s it!

The Xenos are really slugging it out between them with 3 Forums competing for the top position and are really very close. Furthermore, the Orks may be limited by their resources but they have an extremely high completion rate and I’m willing to bet they’ll be reaching 100% completion rate. This high competition between the Forums makes for the most interesting Primus Inter Pares contest and propels the Faction ahead of the Realm of Chaos and IFOR and pretty close to the AoD… And their 59% completion rate is the highest among the 5 Factions. The Xenos mean business this year…

The AoD will be re-named into “the Asylum” for here on… I mean seriously, these guys are totally out of their mind. Not only they have second position after the Astartes, they are doing so with the lowest number of participants! Yeap, just 27 hardened veterans of the Heresy have managed to lead way more populous Factions – and not by a small margin either! Well, given the soft spot I have for the Heresy, I can’t help but feel proud of these guys and gals!

FORUMS

OK, 43% completion rate vs. 44% for the ETL, a re-vowing rate of 55% and 8.8k pts of SCR. That’s brilliant for Week 9 but for Week 11 is mediocre to say the least. That SCR puts them in their position only because of their huge resources and because CSMs have an even lower completion rate (very uncharacteristic for this bunch). So it’s that simple: get on with your first vows – your re-vowing rate has produced some important second and subsequent vows but the real challenge is first vows (where you have a VERY low 33% completion rate).

The Blood Angels… I’ not sure what to say here. You have a decent amount of points pledged and at time it looks like you’re getting in gear whereas other times it looks like the ETL is something happening to other people… C’mon, you’re defending Champions, let’s see that BA spark returning! 45% completion rate is barely above the ETL average and if you bring it in like with say the DAs then you’ll be the undeniable leaders of the Astartes and quite possibly of the ETL given the sluggish CSM performance and unless the AoD-L fail in a spectacular way… And the best thing is, the AoD-L don’t even need to fail – you have more points pledged than they do – if you match their completion rate then you’ll come on top. But then they already have a completion rate of 53%... So, you know what to do – finish up!

The DAs are doing marvellously well! With limited resources they went about their business in a non-nonsense, very Dark Angel-y manner and with hard work and consistency they managed to be leading the ETL – and by a significant margin too! Excellent completion rate of 63% (for one of the big Forums anyway) and a re-vowing rate of 114% shows a level of dedication unparalleled in the ETL so far. BUT the hard facts are that they have a very low average vow which means that even if they achieve astronomical completion rates, they’d still be vulnerable form Forums that have more resources in their disposal. SMs, BAs, CSMs. AoD-L are all capable of overtaking the DAs if they accelerate. So, what to do? Make it damn hard for them! If they DAs get completion rates in the 80s then it will take a huge turnaround form the other candidates to counter that! Keep completing brothers and keep the pace!

The SWs have an extremely low completion rate. Like extremely low… In fact, their 23.5% is the second lowest in the ETL after the hopelessly low 9% of the GKs. No other advice here guys: get don and do your first vows – this is all you should care about! It’s not about re-vowing anymore, it’s not about leveraging your resources, it’s about completing your initial commitments. Now I know the last two weeks are traditionally the busiest ones (and even more so for the Wolves) so let’s see what rabbit you can pull out of the hat at the closing two weeks of the event.

Well, the SoBs have lost the leadership of the IFOR to the Guard… But this is easily recoverable (it might be recovered as I type these words). As long as the traditional IFOR superpowers lay dormant and the SoBs show such zeal and commitment, everything is possible! I will be very interested to see how the IFOR internal ranking will play out this year – and I have to say, the Sisters have so far the most impressive performance!

Well there is some progress in the AdMech Forums but their completion rates is still pretty low. I know, I know, the Titan. Right. Even without the Titan though, the completion rate among first vows is 39% - below the ETL average of 44%. Forums like the AdMech should rely on quick completions of the first vows and a steady flow of subsequent vows… Well, be that as it may, the Titan is a game changer for you guys – and a completion there could propel you to the lead of the IFOR!

The Astra Militarum has a completion rate of 40%. That’s not a lot in this time of the event – you guys really need to speed up and give us some solid completions! There is little to add this stage, apart for gilt_imp’s mega vow which is his 3rdone, the focus here should be in completing the first vows. There is a significant number of first vows (73% of them actually) that are less than 500pts. I think it’s high time we see some completions from that pool…

Well, the Agents rock! True, the Guard and the Sisters seem to have overtaken them, but they still have some firepower to spend. The 57% completion rate is fairly high (at least compared to the ETL and the IFOR averages) but there is still enough points yet to be completed! If that happens, it is quite possible to see the Agents in the leading position for the IFOR. All you guys have to do is to deliver on your oaths. I believe the Agents are generally good at doing this…

FORUMS: GREY KNIGHTS, DEATHWATCH

OK, Grey Knights have a very low 9% completion rate. There are signs of progress, but I wish we’d seen more WIP to get a better idea of what is worked in the background. Unfortunately, right now the visibility is fairly limited, and one can only hope that in the two final weeks the completions will flow in! And a similar statement applies for the Deathwatch. Although the completion rate among first vows is 53% the completion rate among second vows is 0%. This is very worrying as there is a lot at stake here – remember if you fail you second or subsequent vows, all previously completed vows will be nullified and will count for nothing. So this is a rare occasion where the advice is: complete your second vows guys AS WELL AS your first vows!

Well, what is going on here… CSMs seem very sluggish… They have tons of resources and they could easily be leading at this stage. Instead, with a completion rate of 38% they only take the 4thposition and are extremely vulnerable to the BAs, should the latter accelerate in the last two weeks. The completion rate among first vows is particularly low at just 30% whereas the re-vowing rate of 67% is not very impressive either… Of course, re-vowing is limited by and is highly dependent on the first vow completion rate that currently seems to be holding the Forum back. And this is a pity because with 72 participants (the most compared to any other Forum) and 59k+ points pledged (again the most than any other Forum) it doesn’t take astronomical completion rates for you to take the lead. But 38% just won’t cut it…

LatD managed the MYTHICAL 100% COMPLETION RATE – the first Forum to achieve this this year. Congratulations to both participants: you can now relax and enjoy the closing stages of the ETL from the comfort of your armchairs! And the Daemons are not doing bad either. They are very close to another two completions and then they’d be at a pretty good state – especially if their third participant shows up in the last two weeks in which case, we’re talking another possible 100% completion rate…

And the party goes on! Three Forums (Necrons,Tauand Tyranids) with totally similar resources are vying for supremacy! And the fight is savage! The Tau and Tyranids seem to have similar SCR at the moment but the Necrons have some new-found purpose and show great dynamics – being the only one of the three Forums to actually increase its SCR in Week 11. And it has a completion rate of 51% that might look OK if you take it of context but in the Xenos reality, they still have some way to go. But that might be a good thing as the potential becomes more limited for the other Forums the Necrons still have some firepower to spend. But will they? We’ll see… And what about the Orks? Well this is a best candidate for a 100% completion rate from the Xenos pool. Maybe next week? Lastly the Aeldari… they really need to speed-up. The have some good completions and some spectacular models already done, but they need to do a bit more as 29% completion rate is pretty low…

Entering the twilight zone. 53% completion rate brings them to second position behind the DAs but with markedly lower number of participants. Yet they are vowing and delivering huge amount of points – and they are not over yet (judging from some crazy vows after the Week 11 cut-off). To put it bluntly this is a very good candidate for the top position! These guys have an average vow in the region of 1.5k pts!!! Anyways, I’m very interested to see how this Forum will fare in the next two weeks…

AoD-T has also significant resources and a brilliant finish in the last two weeks may produce a much different picture! However, currently they only have a completion rate of 31%. This means there is a HUGE need to get those first vows done – it’s imperative and it will improve your SCR no end! Do the effort guys, it’s just two weeks to go!

SATELITE EVENTS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

CHALLENGES

Captain Semper:

ALSO:

Lord Ranulf:

RikuEru:

Slave to Darkness:

Captain Semper:

Mr. Yellow:

Cheers
LM

Darnok:

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, issue a challenge to xenos of the Tau species. Resistance is futile, but if it is entertaining (I.e. if y’all have a higher final score at the end of ETL than the Necrontyr), than I shall paint one unit of Tau Stealth Suits. Alternatively, if am an Oathbreaker this ETL, regardless of which faction is above the other, I shall paint a squad of Pathfinders. Best of luck!
(I was going to vow something more general, like '1 unit of battlesuits' but holy frak tau models are expensive!

Brother Argent:

If any of our brother Astartes factions (Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels) manage to come out on top of the Astartes Faction the I will model and paint a model representing the Champion(s) of the sub forum in my soon to exist Deathwatch force. And if the Codex sub faction comes out on top I will do the same for the top three members of our subforum.

Commander Dawnstar

I, Commander Dawnstar, answer the challenge of the Necron. Your certainty is admirable, but our mutual destiny cannot be denied. If your final score at the end of the ETL exceeds ours then I will paint one unit of Lychguard to the best of my ability. Additionally if I am found an Oathbreaker then I will also paint a Ghost Ark. The best of luck to you as well.

Chaplain Dosjetka

I, Chaplain Dosjetka, answer the challenge of the Necrontyr. Your certainty is admirable, but our mutual destiny cannot be denied. If your final score at the end of the ETL exceeds ours then I will paint one unit of ten Necron Warriors to the best of my ability. Additionally if I am found an Oathbreaker then I will also paint an Overlord, Lord, two additional Warriors, five Immortals, and an Annihilation Barge. The best of luck to you as well.

+++IMPORTANT NOTICE+++

There seems to be an issue with the signature badges linked to the Fortress of the Unforgiven... We are aware of that and trying to rectify the situation. Please don't do anything to your sig at this point, hopefully (and magically) the badges will re-appear...

+++IMPORTANT NOTICE+++

There seems to be an issue with the signature badges linked to the Fortress of the Unforgiven... We are aware of that and trying to rectify the situation. Please don't do anything to your sig at this point, hopefully (and magically) the badges will re-appear...

Okay, I was wondering. Because whenever TheStatusJoe posts on a page, the page gets borked due to all the images in his signature becoming file names :lol:

+++IMPORTANT NOTICE+++

Are we able to just link to the badges directly or rehost them somewhere? I didn't want to direct link last year's without asking.

+++IMPORTANT NOTICE+++

Okay, I was wondering. Because whenever TheStatusJoe posts on a page, the page gets borked due to all the images in his signature becoming file names :laugh.:

Meet me in the streets.