=][= E Tenebrae Lux VII =][=

church-doors.jpg

ETL VII IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was the most SAVAGE ETL that I can remember!!! And at this point, not even I know the winner - the suspense is killing me!

Now I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later toady. After that, I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges. 

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up. 

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report. 

Congratulations to all!

This has been the most crazy and savage ETL in living memory (and I remember them all!) :D

Kudos to everyone that participated, I believe (at first glance) that the overall completion rate must be the highest ever...

I'd just like to share an anecdote... tonight I have nothing to do, kids in bed, had a cheeky cider, ETL is over, crap on tv. Could have a bash at space hulk, could watch a film.

Instead I want to paint something.

It's been a long time since I painted something just because I wanted to, usually needed for an upcoming tournament or the etl or lpc, but tonight I just want to paint for the sake of painting again.

Thanks captain semper, and all the rest of you, for an enjoyable contest and reminding me how it feels to look forward to painting models again.

That being said, at this rate I need a decade of ETL's to get thru my current backlog...

In what way crazy and savage? Just wondering?

Very very close right up until the last hour or so. I think there were 5 factions in contention and a successful vow or failed vow could make or break any of them. I think tomorrow you might see the point difference between some factions being almost unblelievably close.

In what way crazy and savage? Just wondering?

Very very close right up until the last hour or so. I think there were 5 factions in contention and a successful vow or failed vow could make or break any of them. I think tomorrow you might see the point difference between some factions being almost unblelievably close.

Well, if you want a look of sheer insanity, take a look at the Age of Darkness outposts. Specifically Vykes and TheStatusJoe's vows, and the dates on the final vows, specifically TheStatusJoe's fifth vow.

Well, if you want a look of sheer insanity, take a look at the Age of Darkness outposts. Specifically Vykes and TheStatusJoe's vows, and the dates on the final vows, specifically TheStatusJoe's fifth vow.

I'm aware of what happened in the AoD Loyalists. It's not really crazy though by ETL standards. Not to take anything away from any of the AoD people, because it's still a fantastic achievement, but we've had ETLs with bigger, crazier vows from multiple people in multiple factions at a time. The entire vow size limit was introduced years ago because people were vowing such mostrous amounts. So going by previous ETLs, while it's impressive, it's nothing new or crazy.

The closeness of the competition though is something we've never had before. Usually the winner is fairly obvious a couple of days before the end of the event. This time it could have been any one of 5 factions up until the moment the doors closed. Just a single vow could have tipped the balance.

Edited by Toxichobbit

100% completion rate in 4 forums and 90%+ in 5 forums is crazy and unprecedented... :wink:

That's immense, and a testament to the community at large, I think. Way to band together and get it done, those guys!

And Cap, I haven't said so yet, but thanks again for all the work you put into this. I don't think I would've got my army done for the event over the weekend with the ETL, and quite frankly (even though my contribution was well and truly eclipsed by others *coughStatusJoecough*), to have painted over 5k worth of stuff in three months is well beyond any achievement I've made in over two decades of hobbying. You're a rock star. So looking forward to the next one!

I'm aware of what happened in the AoD Loyalists. It's not really crazy though by ETL standards. Not to take anything away from any of the AoD people, because it's still a fantastic achievement, but we've had ETLs with bigger, crazier vows from multiple people in multiple factions at a time. The entire vow size limit was introduced years ago because people were vowing such mostrous amounts. So going by previous ETLs, while it's impressive, it's nothing new or crazy.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine?

(Truth Speak)

I'm aware of what happened in the AoD Loyalists. It's not really crazy though by ETL standards. Not to take anything away from any of the AoD people,...

And yet you did, mate.  And yet you did.  

Statusjoe did the work of scores of others, 'it's not really crazy by ETL' standards, it's still frigging crazy and right near the point limit.  So..

Like, yeah.  totally :censored: is.  Especially when considering the L&T event which sapped even more not too long ago. 

-sighs- Anyhow, despite me not doing nearly as much as I wanted and getting dragged out of the way: it was fun if a bit nervewracking.  Thanks a ton to Semper and the inner circle for putting it on. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to deal with horses on the farm.    

Edited by Vykes

-snrk- I rarely break out of my Captain Canada routine and congeal into my spergy inner self, and not many people can make me... 

Was pretty good Joe, mate.  Was pretty good.  

*Literally in the middle of a field holding up a phone for reception and cackling while livestock look at me funny* 

Oh, and now I'm curious to see how close the competitions were.  Last year's was kinda, y'know, the closest we had before.  Can't wait for the official update. 

Edited by Vykes

As I said, what the AoD did was a fantastic achievement. If you choose to ignore that part then that's up to you.

We've had someone do 22k in past years and multiple people do 15k in across different forums several times. So it's not all that out there that someone did 14k. That's what I'm talking about. The vows of AoD aren't what's made this ETL different, more savage or crazy, because happened before. Note I'm saying not all that out there or not really crazy, which does not mean that it's not impressive or an achievement in and of itself. What's unusual about this event is how close it was and like Cpt Semper said, the completion rates.

Think of it this way, you can comment on how unusual a 100m sprint was because it was a photo finish for multiple people*, with say, 4 or 5 people coming across the line within milliseconds of each other, while the actual scores aren't record breaking or anything. But that doesn't take away from those scores, they're more than what most people can only dream of.

* that may actually be common in 100m sprints, I'm just guessing that it was.