=][= E Tenebrae Lux VII =][=

This was awesome, I love the mood among the participants and the pure fanaticism in the best of ways, people here have shown for the hobby. Congrats to theMartyr, who went above and beyond what I could ever fathom to do. :) And again: Thank you, Semper and the Inner Circle for all the hard work. I can only imagine how much of your spare time you had to sacrifice for this. 

Quick question about the artisan: Do I have to deliver only a pic of the minis you linked to in the artisan section (my Custodes terminators) or am I free to add in my 2nd vow as well?

Thank you all for your kind words! The enthusiasm of the community keeps my enthusiasm going! :thumbsup: This year was bonkers, and the dedication of the participants exceeded any expectations I had! 

I look forward for next year as much as you do - although allowing the ETL to end on September was not wise on my part...

Now let me address a few things:

Firstly, Grotsmasha has prepared square and ribbon badges for the five Primus Inter Pares (you can find them in Section 3), the Dominus Exercitus (in Section 4) and the ETL VII Magister (you can find it in Section 2). Go there an take the badge of your preference! :smile.:

Well done everyone, and thanks to Cap and the rest of the inner circle for putting in all the work this endeavour must take!

A quick query: Do we download and re-host the signature badges?

The signature badges can be a matter of a simple copy/paste. Right click on them, select copy and then go to the edit screen of your signature and click paste. It will work. And since these images are uploaded here in the B&C there is no risk of them going anywhere. :smile.:

Thanks for running the ETL again, Semper, and you do it so well! I sadly got discouraged and did not finish - a first for me in my ETL history! A shame, as the banners look particularly awesome this year!

Speaking of banners: what happened to the previous year's banners? My siggy and about me page are full of errors!

Yeah man, I missed you! What happened to you? Whatever it was I sure hope to see you in the forefront next year! Now the images of past events are illegible because the site their hosted is temporarily down. I'm making an effort to sort it out and hopefully they'll magically reappear... I'll keep people updated.

Another great event. Thank you for running it Semper.

While artificer is subjective, it is a shame the peteysodes Iron Priest with Thunderbolt did not make it to the artificer stage.

The freehand, sculpt, kitbash, painting and basing of his model is outstanding, certainly worthy to be in the company of those selected

As a suggestion, next year each faction gets to nominate an artificer who can then compete for the title of master artificer?

I'm sorry you don't agree with our choices Dantay, but this is inevitable to happen. The whole Artificer thing is vulnerable to criticism as there are no hard, objective rules as how to qualify. I was seriously considering abolishing it altogether but then, it'll be a pity to not have an award rewarding quality - especially as talent and quality is so abundant in this event.

What you suggest is interesting and rest assured we'll seriously consider its pros and cons.

This was awesome, I love the mood among the participants and the pure fanaticism in the best of ways, people here have shown for the hobby. Congrats to theMartyr, who went above and beyond what I could ever fathom to do. :smile.: And again: Thank you, Semper and the Inner Circle for all the hard work. I can only imagine how much of your spare time you had to sacrifice for this. 

Quick question about the artisan: Do I have to deliver only a pic of the minis you linked to in the artisan section (my Custodes terminators) or am I free to add in my 2nd vow as well?

Thank you very much Kenzaburo, this is the best 40k community in the Internet and it is a huge pleasure interacting with it any chance I get! 

Now as regards the Artificer thing, do nothing, I'm putting together a PM and we'll explain everything there...

Again, thank you all for you kind words - keep the comments and questions coming, I'll be happy to answer them!

Now I find it extremely difficult to close without "UPDATED TO THIS POINT!" :tongue.:

This was my first year participating and it's been really entertaining. Seeing the activity in the Adeptus Mechanicus forum was inspiring and helped me get more of my own work painted. I ended the ETL with one more Dragoon that I had planned but it kept me busy while I waited for the new tanks to be released. Thanks to everyone that helped organize the event and to those that kept me motivated to paint throughout the competition. Well done to Kilofix who managed to crank out his Warbringer Titan in record time!

...So what I'm taking from this report is that if ShatteredRose hadn't finished his vow, I'd have won the Aeldari Champion badge and one of the Artificer badges by default! :laugh.:

I'm super glad he did finish his vow though, those harlequins of his look absolutely incredible. :thumbsup:

The REAL thing to take away from this is the fact that we all as a Forum completed 289,710 points of stuff.

Imagine playing a game with that many combined points of models! :eek:

That's the true power of the ETL - all that dull grey plastic is now glorious, painted visions of the Grim Future we all love, and we've got Captain Semper and his indefatigable helpers to thank for it.

So... many thanks! :thumbsup:

Uhhh... you reported me an oath breaker, but I posted my completion? It's only one vow and not worth that much, but still...

Sorry about that... I’ll correct it later today. In the mean time feel free to take your badge! :smile.:

Edit: Fixed! (although pics are still pending)

Uhhh... you reported me an oath breaker, but I posted my completion? It's only one vow and not worth that much, but still...

Yet still an important vow it is.

Thanks to the Inner Circle for all the meddling... I mean all the honourable preparations, tactical assistance and fire support you gave to Captain Semper, so this Event could happen on a grander scale than before!

Thank you for letting me dive back into painting my models AND starting to write fluff for them in the Liber!

It surely rekindled my flame for this Hobby!

To 20(000) more years on the B&C and almost as many ETLs!

^I did. Used the white and blues.

For the white it didn’t really speed the painting up. Had to pick out the area with light grey first, then 2 coats of Apothecary white, then dry brush normal white over.

The blues I pushed through an airbrush, used it for cloaks. Thought it went well and quite smooth.

In June I entered a real-life store painting competition using contrast paints and won! I entered a Death Guard Lord and that was done fast, like real fast. Any fabrics, skin, texture etc is where contrast paint really shines and speed up your painting. Have fun experimenting with them :wink:

Captain Semper, thank you for running this event yet again.

did anybody use the new Contrast Paint range during the ETL.

If you did how did you use it and did it speed up your painting.

I used one contrast paint, Skeleton Horde, over a Zandri Dust basecoat (for a darker brown look rather than the lighter Skelton look if used over a Wraithbone basecoat.

It defiantly speed up my painting. I used it for the main colour of my 90 or so marines I did for ETL, the rest of my painting on the marines was just trim and details. Do note that Contrast is better on rather or uneven texture, so organgic stuf, cloth, terrain and so on then it is on flat armur like marines, you really have to watch for pooling and I had to redoo a few parts on some marines. Have a look in the AoD Loyalist thread for my finished marines.

Edited by Trokair

Thanks again Capt. 

did anybody use the new Contrast Paint range during the ETL.

If you did how did you use it and did it speed up your painting.

I used it on my third vow.  While the colors are slightly different, it allowed me to replace what had been a 2-3 glazes with one layer of contrast. Saved me probably 1-2 days, as the glaze I use never seems to dry fast, and i need to apply everything in multiple sessions. 

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++ETL VII MASTER ARTIFICER: keeblerartillery+++

This year's Master Artificer is voted to be @keeblerartillery with his amazing work of marble and gold! A total of 144 Frater voted and the result was REALLY narrow! in fact keeblerartillery won by just 2 votes ahead of Lostrael! Nevertheless, a victory it is, and let me be the first to congratulate keeblerartillery for his new, shiny badge! Please come and collect your Badge of Master Artificer:

gallery_48988_15465_11289.png

And here's an example of keeblerartillery's work:

Hidden Content

gallery_70131_10318_1428565.jpeg

And the relevant Poll can be found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++ETL VII PRINCEPS SENIORIS: Kilofix+++

This year for the first time we recognise the award of Princeps Senioris. Titans are in a league of their own, both in the background of the hobby and on the tabletop. But Titans also happen to be magnificent models and even the smallest ones will dominate the battlefield. As such, we decided to let the community at large to decide which on this year's Titan is the most impressive, the one which deserves to lead the others. Well, with 4 Titans to choose from, the Frater decided that the title of Princeps Senioris should go to @Kilofix with a Warbringer Nemesis Titan no less! Congratulations, and feel free to collect your badge!

gallery_48988_15465_1530.png

And here's a pic of Kilofix Titan:

Hidden Content

ieJkNj4.jpg

And the relevant Poll can be found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gallery_48988_15465_71811.png

+++ETL VII SPAWN BEAUTY PAGEANT+++

This was a spontaneous and fun event aiming to reward the best Spawns that took part in ETL VII! There are three titles (usually there are more than one titles in those events). The overall winner is Miss Universe, the second is Miss Eye of Terror and the third is Miss Grimdark!

Now, it turned out that the poll to designate the victors included some beautiful beasts which however never participated in the event - not even as Out-Of-Comperition vows. I'm not even sure they were painted during ETL VII (although they very well might)... That was my bad as I should have double-checked before I included them in the poll. Bad, bad Semper... As such they cannot be awarded any of the titles above as these are reserved for those who actually took part in the event. But also cannot be ignored - especially as such an entry seemed to be the most popular Spawns by far!!!

Hence we award the award of Community Favourite Spawn to @Maschinenpriester - beautiful work and we hope to see you take part in the ETL next year! Congratulations!

gallery_48988_15465_22923.png

The Neritic Horror Twins

Hidden Content

kkyskvyj.jpg

And now to the legitimate ETL VII titles for the Spawn-fatale's, the ones that make even Abaddon tick, the most desirable creatures in both sides of the Warp:

For the first place, with the title of Miss Universe: the beautiful Lavinia by @Freakshow668!

Hidden Content

d7vf9HV.jpg

Congratulations Freakshow668, please collect the badge on behalf of her (she's not doing very well on the hands department)

gallery_48988_15465_21394.png

On second place with the title Miss Eye of Terror, (and this cannot be compliment enough) is the Nameless one by @tdemayo

Hidden Content

med_gallery_4772_15649_229353.jpg

Congratulations tdemayo, feel free to collect your badge, and do have on eye on those two, they seem a bit... difficult to control!

gallery_48988_15465_5954.png

Last but certainly not least, for the title of Miss Grimdark, is Vergash by @Dwango! That's what true Nightmares are made of!

Hidden Content

gallery_141590_15405_132921.jpg

Congratulations Dwango, you may take you badge!

gallery_48988_15465_2120.png

The relevant poll can be found here.