=][= E Tenebrae Lux VII =][=

Thanks Captain Semper.

On a side note I tried to add my new badge today and there was an issue. I know I have seen a post before about zig problems but as I am usually in mobile view I didn’t notice.

Yeah, if you have one of the old ETL-badges, you won't be able to change your signature until they are fixed or until you remove them. I've saved the URL's in a word-file and removed them for now.

The only objective criterion, as you might have guessed is that the miniatures must be complete with basing an’ all .

*Grumble grumble*

Thanks for another great event, Cap! I look forward to the next one!

You were warned ! Shame, as they were stunning and easily contenders.

Thanks for running the ETL again, Semper, and you do it so well! I sadly got discouraged and did not finish - a first for me in my ETL history! A shame, as the banners look particularly awesome this year!

Speaking of banners: what happened to the previous year's banners? My siggy and about me page are full of errors!

Another great event. Thank you for running it Semper.

While artificer is subjective, it is a shame the peteysodes Iron Priest with Thunderbolt did not make it to the artificer stage.

The freehand, sculpt, kitbash, painting and basing of his model is outstanding, certainly worthy to be in the company of those selected

As a suggestion, next year each faction gets to nominate an artificer who can then compete for the title of master artificer?

Well done everyone, and thanks to Cap and the rest of the inner circle for putting in all the work this endeavour must take!

A quick query: Do we download and re-host the signature badges?

The ETL VII images are hosted here on the B&C, right clicking, and copying them will allow you to paste them straight into your Signature :tu:

Thanks for running the ETL again, Semper, and you do it so well! I sadly got discouraged and did not finish - a first for me in my ETL history! A shame, as the banners look particularly awesome this year!

Speaking of banners: what happened to the previous year's banners? My siggy and about me page are full of errors!

They're hosted externally, and there's been an issue there. We're attempting to rectify it.

Thank you for organizing this event, Captain Semper!!!

While the total number of participants might be lower than before, the activity of those participants was particularly motivating - fewer "inactive" members, more re-vowing and one-upping oneself than usual. Preparation events also helped build up the hype. So yes, it felt a lot more interactive and engaging than in the previous years, and the result with AoD in the lead was particulary unexpected.

As a personal side note, I did get quite a lot done - 2 months (RL took its part) of ETL racking up as many painted models as I usually do in 6. Which is great news, considering Armies on Parade now has its army, and just needs its board too. For next year, I'll prepare more points than this time (I had to build more during ETL), and maybe aim for larger models instead of higher model count.

You were warned ! Shame, as they were stunning and easily contenders.

Yeah, yeah... unfortunately, I didn't even receive the bits I was waiting for to finish the bases until yesterday. Bummer, but I'd rather do it right than rush it. It is what it is.

Edited by DuskRaider

I know before this whole thing starts it's going to be huge. Then I see the results and it's really quite amazing. Semper, thanks so much for taking on this massive beast of a project every year. It is truly an awesome thing to see so many completed models from so many factions!!! Personally, I always push through some models that I'm struggling with as a result.

Don't stress over it, with real life biting me in the ass and my mental health I just managed to finish my tiny ass vow's. I feel like I have let myself down with my meagre effort but my heart wasn't in it this year. Next year we shall crush all opposition beneath our boots brother... I believe in you. 

And a big thank you to Semper for another cracking ETL, and good job to everyone who took part, even though your all icky loyalists or xenos lovers. ;)

Congratulations to all who completed their vows! And to those who were unable, everyone understands that real life happens.

Captain Semper, your efforts in running the ETL are nothing short of amazing! You are a true son of the Lion!

Dark Angels, thank you for providing the incredible competition that inspired the AoD Loyalists to the top. Better luck next year!

Man, what a ride this one was :laugh.: Congrats to everyone.

The AoD-L had a CR of 86% and a total score of 30,465pt after the penalties. This was a clear victory as the difference with the Dark Angels that got second position was more than 2.7k pts. There is no question that the AoD-L was greatly aided by the ETL VII Martyr, @TheStatusJoe but it was also greatly aided by an avalanche of super vows form other AoD-L participants. Hearty congratulations – a heroic effort and a well-deserved one, as the AoD for years was in high positions never managing to secure the top one! And yet now, in the B&C 20thBirthday, and playing against very determined rivals, that commanded way more resources, at least in the opening stages of the event, they managed to see this through and come on top!

Or in a funner way:

Florida Man Came, Saw, Conquered

(note: If TheStatusJoe is not in Florida, the joke doesn't work :laugh.:)

It's okay man, things happen. And sometimes we're not able to push past the discouragement and burnout.

Edited by Gederas

Another fantastic ETL to watch and congrats to all those who participated. Even if you didn't finish your vows, my new mantra of "Progress is progress" means you shouldn't be too hard on yourself because any forward movement on getting figures done is a good thing. Believe me, I know how difficult it can be to finish figures down to the bases, and though my Orlock gang disguised as IG vets was only a meager 82 points, I finished 10 of them to a standard I was happy with and they've got the best looking bases I've ever done

Another fantastic ETL to watch and congrats to all those who participated. Even if you didn't finish your vows, my new mantra of "Progress is progress" means you shouldn't be too hard on yourself because any forward movement on getting figures done is a good thing. Believe me, I know how difficult it can be to finish figures down to the bases, and though my Orlock gang disguised as IG vets was only a meager 82 points, I finished 10 of them to a standard I was happy with and they've got the best looking bases I've ever done

Dude, your bases are painted better than a majority of my models :lol:

I will wear my Necron badges with pride, even though they *are* xenos scum. Thanks again Semper and everyone involved! Thanks especially to the other Xenos factions to keep us on our toes and to my dynastic fraters for keeping to our millenia-old sacred vows and reaching 100% completion!