Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

Cheers everyone! It's been a fun kit to add weapons for, the next two arms printed out well enough to paint up.

Zvn49F1.png

Nj5A9X0.png

The chainfist file is 'WL chainfist' on cults3d by Tramin, and it's free. I just bulked up the elbow so it fits on a Warmaster, and didn't rescale anything else. They're already huge! from elbow to the tip on the chainblade it's about the same length as the plasma from elbow to barrel tip.

Cheers Lord_Borak! The foliage is two different green clump foliage from woodland scenics, bought them years ago and mixed them in a big tub. I'm pretty sure they still sell it, I picked a mid green and a much darker, almost black, to mix in.

Awesome work on the chain fists!

They look suitably menacing. However, if your Warmaster is in a position to use those then things may have already gone ploin-shaped!

Vulcan mega bolters atop the Titan chainfists? Interesting.

The regular warlord power fist has Vulcans built in as well.

I noticed while looking at pictures. Is this just a modeling thing or are there rules for them as well? I dont have many of the rulebooks yet, just dont know if I am missing something

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. The Warlord feels more like the workhorse whereas Warmasters are still pretty rare I'd say, different purposes really. Plus there's no guarantee we'll get rules for these weapon options!

Regardless, Danny continues to design and make stuff so I painted up a dual volcano cannon for the Warmaster, reminiscent of the Warmonger arm, as well as a Warlord-scaled volkite.

ZP66nOq.png

f4oVqgU.png

BUrpVCD.png

UYdyZLz.png

vcoNlHv.png

szUKPpH.png

With approx 26-ish titans in Legio Gloriam's scheme now, and 4 in Legio Sinae Alsalam, I kinda feel like trying out a new scheme on a warhound or something small, just for a bit of variety. Maybe a brighter paler old gold, with panels of pretty dark intense blue, darker than astorum. Then go from there etc, I just need to acquire more titans.

Edited by Xanthier

Thanks Sherrypie, I love the old retro weapons so variety is always a fun draw for me. I'm not sure on the volkite Lord_Borak - the designer Danny simply asked if I fancied having a go painting one, so it's possible but as far as I'm aware not guaranteed.

So I felt like trying a different scheme out, as I have like 26 titans done as Legio Gloriam and another 4 for my wife's Legio Sinae Alsalam. I painted up a test panel with a super intense vibrant dark blue, again shaded with black. Tried out a new metal recipe too with Runelord Brass, shaded with Magos Purple contrast and highlight with Canoptek Alloy. To me it reads as a pretty pale almost rose gold and I liked it enough to paint up a Reaver today in the scheme and see how it looks. Also went for some subtle osl on the eyes so they stand out a bit more, though it's a bit dull in the pic.

N3s14JC.png
P4bDqga.png
25Frrrq.png

I'm thinking something bombastic like vibrant pink lightning bolts would contrast super well, but it seems like the panels are already pretty busy with the speckling and staining. Any thoughts?

I like it. The Scheme for the gold is really nice. Subtle but very different. I have those colours and may well try that technique out myself somewhere. Thanks!!

A shame about the Volkite but hey, it's one LESS thing I have to paint!