Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

Hey all, it's certainly been a while since I posted projects on here! Ever since AT came out I've been assembling and painting titans and have amassed a reasonable number by now, so I figured I'd make a showcase and update with any future titans as well as the planned second legio.

So far the roster is at -

2 Warlords
4 Reavers and 1 WIP Reaver

4 Warhounds

6 Questoris Knights

6 Cerastus Knights

Gives me the flexibility to make pretty much any maniple I need to, though I've been very much favouring Corsair recently. So, here's the crew -

Viridius Rex, the Emerald King

ZYabDEr.jpg

rZ93CE4.jpg

cNGigF5.jpg

rDNQkhW.jpg

Nivea Regna, the Snow Monarch

GVEp1M2.jpg

ZVXgCqW.jpg

dnvTEqw.jpg

Intonat Adsensor, Thunderous Applause

N6D0Krj.jpg

WzSm7aQ.jpg

Velum Nocte, Night's Veil

4V6YF2j.jpg

GnNhnpK.jpg8Fnys75.jpg

Habitum Fideus, Guise of Faith

HLYfAqp.jpg

LK4YvEN.jpg

Strenuus Venator, Stalwart Hunter

XrLw26z.jpg

TIgQHSC.jpg

Notam Ignis, Firebrand, and packmate Renidenti, Gleeful

c6k44cJ.jpg

House Iudices

LusoBph.jpg

Di7ro8h.jpg

OoLqx24.jpg

The Warhounds Prudentiae, Prudence, and her packmate Vita Homicidii, life taker, still need a photo.At any rate, here's some other misc shots as well as stuff I'm working on currently -

Edited by Xanthier

(Second post due to images)

A warp missile conversion -

L2M7Tkr.jpg

uVl7SZD.jpg

Another Warlord head converted up, as well as shots of the chainsaw face and gunface -

pogAipc.jpg

IsL8BFr.jpg

EUzmn6B.jpg

rKyMUG2.jpg

oSvS23i.jpg

Some markers for stratagems -

L72MX4S.jpg

5a9aTyW.jpg

FYleuVD.jpg

A dawned marker for my regular opponent -

WHYL0PV.jpg

A shot of my display board at the local store, though they move around a lot. The legio colours Cerastus is the Baron.

wT1vS72.jpg

The WIP 5th Reaver -

G1YL8wu.jpg

I also decided since my Legio's been doing very well in games, that I'd also paint up Princeps for each of my titans. So far I've managed one of them, Gregori Semyon of Velum Nocte -

C3Xl7GG.jpg

Cool, I saw your work months ago searching for power claw conversions. I’ll admit I’m not a fan of the face conversions for whatever reason but I love your paint scheme. The teal and white was something I’d considered and it looks gorgeous. I love your Reavers, Thunderous Applause and Night Veil look amaaaazing.

Your titans are fantastic and your head modifications are ingenious. However what really adds to the finished models are the bases. By making them identifiable with something from the real world, you’ve really managed to get across the scale of a titan. May I ask where those trees/shrubs are from, or how they are made? If you made them yourself that is...

Cheers everyone. The trees are N scale model railway trees I picked up from eBay pretty cheap, and the bushes/scrub is a mix of two colours of fine clump foliage from Woodland Scenics. Edited by Xanthier

I love them. Absolutely brilliant conversions. I adore the chainsaw head in particular, as well as the gun head. Very cool nods to old titanicus stuff. The use of Armigers is great too.

I noticed some barrels are not drilled (Strenuus Venator and Warhounds), I assume they are on your to-do list.

The bases are very cool too.

Adding to the choir, this is splendid work. The basing is done with much care and love, which really makes these feel like huge god-machines they are. The main colours have great depth to them too, which pleases my eye.

For the sake of constructive criticism, though, it looks a bit odd to have such skillfully grading colours and damage on the panels while much of the metals look quite plain and uninteresting (like the backside of Strenuus Venator). Perhaps some scratching or weathering there would complement the whole, too?

Cheers for the feedback. It's likely as the metals were a simple spray, wash and drybrush job. I should likely go back and add more detailing, but as of yet no enemy titans have managed to get behind them! I'll spend a day at some point with some Agrax to add tone and scratches with stormhost or something similar.

Those are marvellous Titans, and yes, the bases go a long way towards selling the sense of scale. The tiny witch's hat on the Emerald King's road base is a great little touch. 

Loving the unifying way the green holds the models together as a unit, but you've found ways to give them individual schemes and distinctions. 

Can I ask how you made the first head conversion in your second post (the one with the white jaw-guard)?

The trees are N scale model railway trees I picked up from eBay pretty cheap, and the bushes/scrub is a mix of two colours of crime clump foliage from Woodland Scenics.

Thanks for that - off to order some (for when I eventually get my AT project off the ground that is......)

Cheers, the traffic cone was a fun one. For that Warlord head, I took a 40k Knight titan mask and cut the upper half off, then filed the inner sides to get them thinner. Then, with one of the standard Warlord heads from the bellicosa kit, I trimmed off the front third of the lower helmet, then filed down the sides until the knight mask smoothly fit on.

After putting the head together Iand had to carefully slice the central eye lens off and offset it to the side so it wouldn't be covered by the little triangle in the visor area. Once the eyes were in, I put the lower mask on the head and filed the outer sides of trim very slightly to get them flush with the forehead trim on the Warlord head.

Lastly, to gap fill a bit I added some greenstuff on the lower cheeks above the cabling and smoothed it to meet the knight mask, so there weren't holes on the sides.

Those are fantastic and I agree with the comments above about the bases really giving the models a sense of scale.

You've got a striking colour scheme which has been executed really well and the weathering is top notch too.

I also love the traffic cone - was it GS or a piece of sprue? I quite like the idea of a yellow 'Road Ahead Closed' sign being on a future base...

Thanks! The traffic cone was made from tiny offcuts of sprue plastic. A slice of small plastic rod and a cone from some of the extruded plastic from the mold.

At some point in the next few days I should get roundnto painting more Warhound weaponry so I can arm all 4 with plasma and bolters. I also have some carapace lasers for a Warlord, but I'm not sure I'd really pick them over the pretty cheap missiles.

I'm a big fan of your conversions. The Armiga-Reaver conversions are great.

My fav is the chain-head warlord. Need to do that myself at some point. I'm not so keen on the gun head, but I can't explain why unfortunately - something about it doesn't sit right with me - but the actual work you've done to it is top notch (if you understand what I mean).

Painting is awesome too by the way lol.

Edited by splayedpaintbrush

Cheers guys! More titans arrived yesterday, another Reaver for me and a battlegroup for my wife. I managed to build both Reavers, and got mine almost finished. Managed to finish him nice and early today.

Coronam Ruptor, Crown Breaker, joins Legio Gloriam, the Honor Bound. It's good to finally have an actual Melta Cannon!

1VXFiOd.jpg

Kc4jPBo.jpg

prHr8iH.jpg

Just have a whole load of weapons to paint for more options across my titans now. Once I get some more weapon sprues next week I'll have a bunch more melta cannons to paint up, as well as being able to finish up the other armiger-based Reaver.

Till then though, time to work on Legio 2...