Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

Cheers! When conversion beamers come out I'll likely switch some Acastus weapons round, yeah. As for rules I either go with the custom legio rules from WD or if an opponent doesn't like those then Astorum.

I did get round to finishing the base, so I'm back to having all titans painted again.

MrtCqzc.jpg

3QQ7yrM.jpg

• 2 months later...

Blimey it's been a while eh?

I was gifted 2 more Warbringers which turned up a couple of days ago, so figured I'd make a start on the first today.

8lmNjk7.png

drozBnv.png

cRbA29F.png

Rather annoyingly, I found I was out of leadbelcher spray, my black had dried up and my rhinox hide and sybarite green are both almost dried too. Irksome, but I still finished up the lower half. Top half is built minus head and weapons, so I'll aim to paint that tomorrow and build the weapons and make a start making the second one also.

Yeah I ran out of leadbelcher spray as well. Made the mistake of trying to use the dregs of the can and added some great texture to some reaver weapon arms. I’m glad yours are turning out. Always liked your scheme!

Cheers guys! One of my friends basically asked if I'd like any GW stuff and I mentioned I only had 1 Warbringer but a full maniple of everything else, so he got me 2 more.

Not the best pic, but the upper torso is done now.

gDhwzv6.png

Weapons are all assembled and magnets are in, so I'm on track to finish those and the base tomorrow. Still not sure what to convert up for an alternate head though.

Cheers Mendi!

Bit more progress today, head was painted and the next Warbringer got the torso done. Just the 5 weapons and next head left to assemble/paint tomorrow. I also did some chopping so this third Warbringer will have a nice belicosa volcano cannon.

ee3Kpzh.png

BGE6oph.png

xLIUREA.png

There we go, new head and weapons all done, Warbringer 3 finished.

VPAsh7Z.png

5xEwgXH.png

MpW0snr.png

uvH1lln.png

ztaPeGY.png

I'm pretty stoked with how the head for this one came out. I only have 3 more little Questoris Knights to paint before I'm once again at a fully painted AT collection. Sure would be nice to have new titan releases...

That third head is my favourite too.

I've been wondering what to do about the head for my second Warbringer. To be honest I'll probably go with the default version as my Astorum are deliberately uniform - so all my Reavers and Warlords have matching heads. I wanted them to look sort of mass-produced. But I slightly miss doing wacky conversions.

Thanks everyone! The latest head is also my favourite yeah - the second one didn't quite turn out how I had initially wanted due to not particularly having many scope lenses to hand, but I ran with what I had. For the third one I dived through my bits boxes and the lens is actually a piece of the hydraulics from a 40k Knight Titan!

Curretly I'm pondering colour choices for the 3 remaining questoris - I don't particularly want to repeat colours and I've done sea green/white, royal purple/white, enchanted blue/black, orange/white and scarlet/khaki(ish). I'm thinking I'll likely to at least one with a more vibrant red and one with a vibrant emerald/shamrock green. Not too sure what colours to pair with those, or what to do the third currently.

Any suggestions?

Sometimes when I’m stuck on something like that I’ll google something like “knight crests” and look at the historical/medieval color combos or what artists have come up with. Will often spark something.

Doing that just now for example I was struck by a yellow/teal combo and reminded how blue and white are always solid.

Edited by Frostbit3

Deciding on a knight colour scheme is a big blocker for me too. I've got a big heap of the things and none of the options particularly excites me. In 40k I play Taranis but on 30k they're all dead on Mars, while subsequently they would have all sorts of admech features that aren't available. I guess I could have some fun making custom heads for them and then replicate my 40k scheme, as it would offset my Astorum stuff reasonably well.

Curretly I'm pondering colour choices for the 3 remaining questoris - I don't particularly want to repeat colours and I've done sea green/white, royal purple/white, enchanted blue/black, orange/white and scarlet/khaki(ish). I'm thinking I'll likely to at least one with a more vibrant red and one with a vibrant emerald/shamrock green. Not too sure what colours to pair with those, or what to do the third currently.

Any suggestions?

Given the green/white of the Titans, something complementary will look good on the tabletop.

Purple/white or purple/cream would work well, as would blue/white or blue/cream.