Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

Really bummed that there's no EC. He would've been the easiest to Primar-ize, given that the mini doesn't represent a specific individual.

I can easily build my own Castellan or Marshal, and would be perfectly satisfied with that. The EC, however, is a lot harder to convert.

I'm so extremely relieved that news points to no Primaris EC. I don't care if we get a Primaris character, just don't want to lose my EC on the last edition I get to play him. I'd even have taken losing Helbrecht or Grimaldus over the EC, as those two can be left out for fluff reasons, but the EC is special.

Really bummed that there's no EC. He would've been the easiest to Primar-ize, given that the mini doesn't represent a specific individual.

I can easily build my own Castellan or Marshal, and would be perfectly satisfied with that. The EC, however, is a lot harder to convert.

That isn’t true anymore; EChampion is actually techenically speaking now does represent a single individual, in lore their can only be 1 EChampion now for the entire chapter. We just distribute what is now the armour of faith and black sword across our entire chapter crusades Incase that certain dudebro gets a vision.

But yeah I do hope still rumors are wrong and we do get a primaris’d individual

I’m honestly glad there’s no Primaris champion. I just feel old marines have better transport options for him right now, plus I don’t want to shell out money for a Primaris Transport just yet. That said I understand why many are frustrated with the lack of new models. Hopefully we get a new named character.

That isn’t true anymore; EChampion is actually techenically speaking now does represent a single individual, in lore their can only be 1 EChampion now for the entire chapter. We just distribute what is now the armour of faith and black sword across our entire chapter crusades Incase that certain dudebro gets a vision.

I meant that the EC mini doesn't represent "initiate Gerhardt", an specific individual with history. He's not a named character. An Emperor's Champion mini could represent any Emperor's Champion.

That said, I don't think that's necessarily correct. A black sword was destroyed in Gathering Storm III, yet there continue to be Champions.

I do recall that the canon was up in the air, though. At one point that might've been what they were going for, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

Im just going to be happy if there's an upgrade kit, a character or new EC would be super awesome but I wont feel bad for not having one BUT an upgrade kit would open up a lot of conversions and people would be able to run a Primaris EC or a Primaris Marshall Law or simply spice up some squads. An upgrade kit, in my opinion, is far more important than a single special character.

I meant that the EC mini doesn't represent "initiate Gerhardt", an specific individual with history. He's not a named character. An Emperor's Champion mini could represent any Emperor's Champion.

That said, I don't think that's necessarily correct. A black sword was destroyed in Gathering Storm III, yet there continue to be Champions.

I do recall that the canon was up in the air, though. At one point that might've been what they were going for, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

There are 10 Blackswords

I'm so extremely relieved that news points to no Primaris EC. I don't care if we get a Primaris character, just don't want to lose my EC on the last edition I get to play him. I'd even have taken losing Helbrecht or Grimaldus over the EC, as those two can be left out for fluff reasons, but the EC is special.

Why would you lose him?  I don't think anyone wants the primaris EC to replace the current one.  They want both to be options.

I'm betting on shrine world. It makes more sense all round really.

I really don't like the idea of a named Emperor's Champion. That's generally, not just in this context, it kind of destroys a part of what, to me, makes him such a great character in the game.

Better new changed templars then dead Templars.

No one has said no miniatures yet, just apparently no box set or Primaris EC

A sprue kit or a new model is so much more important than a box. But there are just one guy who said an Emperors Champion is on the way. Nothing else is said until now. Thats ....

"The Faith of Medjugorje will be tested" .... OUT NOW.

The lore about this isnt correct by anyone. Some writers say that and another tells us different stories. I hope there will be anything new in this book. But I am curious about that. The threat of GW politic could be a release of rules for us but nothing else .

EDIT: I mean the Gods of Mars triology has a emperors champion in it by a cruase SOOO small... just one command squad and a chaplain. Sometimes I think there is no one who have a clear sight how the templars will be in the future. Its a fraction they dont want to loose but nobody cares really about them. It starts with the number of warriors which were different in the codex and index and rulebook and Guy Haleys blog... sometimes there are 10 EC and then just one...

Edited by Medjugorje

Given that we pretty much can take anything Kikasstou says as Gospel at this point (he's been right about everything so far, months and months ahead), this pretty much means that unless we get something like a named Marshal with the upcoming releases, there will be no new BT character models. Jury's still out on a wether we could get a squad or something, but I don't like the fact that he's been radio silent on the model front since day one. Not a peep.

Just giving us an upgrade sprue would be rather weak, but i'll take it over nothing...

EDIT: With regards to the Emperor's champion: the first 8th edition SM codex has his lore blurb state "...and at any given time there can only be one"

Edited by Reinhard

I'll be seriously disappointed (but not surprised) if we don't get model support. But I wouldn't be surprised seeing as we weren't in a supplement, let alone have our own dex, and are only going to be supported in a campaign book. And seeing as there are so many factions in this next book, I'm expecting two pages of strats/relics and scant little else. I'll take that, albeit begrudgingly!

I mean, that's setting the bar so low, you're essentially saying you're just happy we weren't squatted. Just getting two pages of lore and the base rules is less than virtually everyone else. We have to purchase a more expensive supplement than everyone else just to stay functional. Getting just rules is not actually getting anything, it's just equivalent to have nothing taken away Edited by Reinhard

I didn't say I was happy with it. Just that versus nothing, I'll take it. I just find it ridiculous that we are in the main SM dex as having our own chapter tactic but then we're the only ones not in a supplement. So I'm incredibly disappointed, but I will always continue to play BT so new rules are better than being squatted.